Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ask the GSM!
DavidFisher
post Sep 10 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #21

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 446

If you hand a player a bottle of IV Death and tell them it is a draft of healing potions and they drink it, are you outlawed if they die?

(I immediately thought "yes" but then decided "no" as you are not killing them, any more than if you handed them a sword and told them it was a healing draft and they should swallow it... plus the rules seem pretty clear - only direct killing gets you outlawed - I think)

Cheers

David

{{yes, you would be. Phil}}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Oct 1 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #22

Legend

Member No.: 574

The Major Dominion Ability Self Mastery - Was thinking of buying it then realised as written I would not be able to cast any Beneficial Self affecting Dominion Miracles (Curse, Cloak of Fear, Cloak of Beguilement etc.).

Should this read non-beneficial Dominion Sphere Miracles or is it just a terrible ability?

[[Its badly written - the original intention would of been non-beneficial tree and sphere MCC]]

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Oct 9 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #23

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Friday Mantics Question:
(in my shift pattern, this is Friday)

Am I right in saying that a mantic requires a mantic counter, irrespective of what sort of hits the target has?

[for example a manaformed elf with a passive dispel 20 is still turned to dust by a mantic annihilation as it needs mantic dispel to stop it but an affect someone in manaform. Ditto a spirit formed priest with pure force]

J

{{yes - would require a passive mantic dispel. Phil.}}

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Nov 13 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #24

Arch-Enemy

Asked this a while back but I think it got missed:

Does a guild leader have the power, without special sanction, to chuck someone out of his guild and/or change the ethos/restrictions/requirements?

{{broadly, yes. Rule 7 should always be applied... Phil.}}

--------------------

+Quote Post
Leo
post Nov 19 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #25

Mercenary

Member No.: 44

Does expertise apply to the cost to buy magical innates?

{{not standardly}}

Does expertise apply to innates, such as the free extra rune of sleep.

{{yes, for that one specifically - and the other rune based experteese abilities}}

Do magical innates count towards expertise casting cost. For instance, can I cast an innate fireblast, then enjoy the reduced casting cost on subsequent castings with mana?

{{yes. Phil.}}

+Quote Post
Leo
post Apr 9 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #26

Mercenary

Member No.: 44

If I'm a priest and I've somehow picked up flat of the blade, can I use sharp weapons so long as I do blunt damage?

It's just that last night I dreamed I was reffing and one of the players was a priest using the blunt side of an axe and insisting that it should still do double damage against trees.

{{don't eat cheese just before bed?? smile.gif. Phil. }}

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Aug 4 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #27

Hero

Member No.: 242

Can you use a discipline innate on a control undead?

Peter Long

{{yes. Phil.}}

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 7 2014, 12:47 PM
Post #28

Militiaman

Member No.: 388

More ward pactey stuff:

Encounter 1: zombies + wraith

Can I kill the zombies then ward pact the wraith once all the zombies are dead?

{{yes}}

Encounter 2: wraiths + 10th level unknown

Can I declare my ward pact vs undead then lay into the 10th level unknown as it is too high to be effected by the ward pact

{{no - you would loose your ward pact... Unless the lvl 10 attacked you first (purest self defence)}}

Encounter 3: lots of ghouls

Can I ward pact them at all having just spent the previous 2 encounters killing other undead

{{yes}}

Encounter 4: 1 x wight

Low on life I start the fight but half way through can I declare my ward pact and the wight stops hitting me?

{{yes - although the wight could carry on hitting you whilst you were declaring your pact.}}

Is there any penalty for fighting creatures that you have a ward pact against but haven't actually declared it to those present?

{{no - unless it is a non-standard ward pact with that specific commentary on it... Phil.}}

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (750pts Border Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
ElliotJ
post Jan 8 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #29

Peon

Member No.: 1,688

If a seasonal elf buys double innates, is the amount of regeneration from Sun's Healing doubled?

Elliot Jones

{{yes. Phil.}}

+Quote Post
DaveR
post Feb 24 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #30

Mercenary

Member No.: 123

Does "any miracle of own alignment" in Elder Fey prohibit an Evil Character choosing a Neutral miracle ?

or is it like utilise spirit item - whereby a NE character can use a Neutral or an Evil one ....

Dave

{{in this case, it means own alignment... so evil characters can choose an evil miracle. Phil.}}

--------------------
-----------
Dave

Todays Bonus Question;-
-------- What was invented by someone who didn't want it, bought by someone who didn't need it, and needed by someone who doesn't know it ?

Remember, Whilst Google is your friend, try using your grey matter first ;)

+Quote Post
marwoodbramwell
post Mar 15 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #31

Apprentice

Member No.: 2,046

With regards basic Determination, it will still cost you 6 TBLP even if you hold a relevant immunity.

Where does this lay in relation to spiritless against a basic spiritual halt or ghoul paralysis? Does the spiritless state negate the effect, or does the determination apply 1st?

Does it follow a general priority rule such as Race, then class, then tables?

{{the user of determination needs to be affected by the powerbase - so an elf wouldnt take determination damage from a spiritual paralysis. Phil.}}

--------------------
Jolyon

"I think I have to point out something you've not considered"

Isaac de Porthous 716 point Human Duelist
Coban Bei-Mei 465 point Kitsune High Druid
Jacob 615 point Human Spy
R.K.D.z 365 point Light Elf Warrior

+Quote Post
Rannock
post May 20 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #32

Peon

Member No.: 2,547

QUOTE(Rannock @ Mar 31 2014, 01:48 AM) *
The Warrior of nature ability listed as the post 6th defender of nature ability says that a druid may buy as warrior subclass up to three tables below their current table, while if bought by a forest guardian they may buy as warrior subclass up to own table and warrior up to three tables below their current table.

Does this mean that a druid that multiclasses forest guardian and then multiclasses defender of nature can benefit from the forest guardian version of this ability, or do they only receive the druid benefit? Just wondering as it doesn't list these as a first class ability.

{{yes - in this speciifc case, they would benefit as a FG - but this shouldnt be used to extrapolate to other examples... Phil.}}

In which case, would this work the same way if a Warrior Priest (or similar) multiclasses Spirit Warrior, multiclasses Defender of the Faith and purchsed the Warrior of the Faith ability as this says if bought by a Spirit Warrior buys it, they may buy as a Warrior of 3 tables lower than them and Warrior subclass of up to their own table. In my mind it would work the same way due to how similar the abilities are, but I thought it best to check.

Yes it does, Lee

--------------------
Dave Preston

Current characters
Rannock Stoneheart - 653pt Elder Fey Brown Warmage
Magnus - 8th Level Rasha Warrior
Elrohir - 8th Level Jade Elf Pathfinder
Thaddeus - 6th Level Euphaban Sorcerer

+Quote Post
miles
post Jun 24 2014, 04:34 PM
Post #33

Mercenary

Member No.: 142

Can a faery when taking innates elect to take a lower level spell eg if you took grey and brought the published gain 4th innte in both colours there is no 4th grey apart from dispel 4 could you instead take a 3rd level grey

Miles

Nope, no cheeky extra plate selfs for you smile.gif

--------------------
The game is not always about balance

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Jul 7 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #34

Heldsman

Member No.: 208

Given the below... Presumably Calabrim are 'too magical' to buy the later Winds due to their 'anti magic' magical innates?

A

Currently correct, but it seems a bit stupid doesn't it? I'll ponder and may update when the books are being done.

Lee

QUOTE(sonof @ Jul 7 2014, 11:34 AM) *
Is being a half elf considered too "innately magical" to purchase the higher tier winds?

Presuming no

Is buying full elven innates considered too "innately magical" to purchase the higher tiers?

If so I guess having magical innates from Elder Fai would similarly stop you?

Ta

Rob

Having racial magical innates makes you a mana user. So Half elf fine, Half elf with innates not, Elder fey with plate selfs not.

Lee

+Quote Post
ThatRandomGuy
post Jul 18 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #35

Levy

Member No.: 3,033

QUOTE(Yandere @ Jul 16 2014, 02:09 PM) *
How much does the 'Master Scout' multiclass cost?
It is mentioned in the post 8th book but it doesn't say how much it costs at the back of the book.

It's listed under pathfinders as they are the only class that can go it.

Lee

i am looking in the evolution book (3.2) under pathfinder, but i cant find the cost for master scout as it isnt there, is my book just outdated or what?

A good spot then as I am using 3.2 for the rule book re-writes so will add it back in. the costs are:
Master Scout 20 40 90 120 150 200 (lvl 1-6)

Lee

--------------------
Reece Hutton

"The Flesh Of The Walrus Is Succulent And Sweet, Yet It's Cruelty Knows No Bounds

Notable Characters:

Gerard, Bronze/Ebony Wizard 241pts, Mentally unstable

Swain, Pure preist of glass 5th, some primal fascist

Fernando, Fighter 6th lv, Drunk, ( possibly a mantis shrimp )

+Quote Post
Branholm
post Jul 29 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 971

QUOTE(daork @ Dec 24 2013, 06:33 PM) *
Sorry if this seems like a lot of questions. {{is quite a few :)}}

1. Does the gold spell shield stack with greater shield? {{yes}}
2. Would these stack with affirms? {{yes}}

Dan

{{phil.}}

(Orginal post cut down to relevent bits)

Re item 1, is this still true? recent conversation with Duncan with suggest not.

DT2

Shield does not stack with greater shield, I think it even specifies in the Greater shield spell it doesn't stack.

Lee

+Quote Post
Branholm
post Jul 29 2014, 12:27 PM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 971

QUOTE(Branholm @ Jul 29 2014, 12:33 PM) *
(Orginal post cut down to relevent bits)

Re item 1, is this still true? recent conversation with Duncan with suggest not.

DT2

Shield does not stack with greater shield, I think it even specifies in the Greater shield spell it doesn't stack.

Lee

In 5.0 (Kindle version) Shield states "This armour can stack with any other magical or physical defence, but not plate(self), plate (other) or other spells which preclude the stacking of armour, It cannot stack with itself"

Greater shield states "as the Shield glyph" ie its a spell that does not preclude the stacking of armour.

As written they stack (unless this has been amended)

Given its an obvious loop hole and the previous GSM's responce in Dec 2013 thought best to clarify before I abused it :)

DT2

The key is "as". A general rule is if something is as something else they don't stack.

Lee

+Quote Post
SamR
post Sep 14 2014, 09:44 PM
Post #38

Militiaman

Member No.: 92

Do you get to know what a dying effect is before choosing whether to apply your resistance to dying effect?

I think you should as it is pretty boring being on the floor for 5 minutes, its rubbish when there is an OOC lottery in choosing and it leads to stupid scenarios like elves having to fall over for 5 mins to a spiritual stairway to death?

Surely you get hit by the firestrike or whatever and can choose to suck it up or fall over for 5 mins.

S

It's never been written down. My personally opinion on how it should work is you are aware of the dying effect and can decide at that point to apply it or not. No working out how much damage you take and if it would kill you or not. Just a "You take this dying effect, do you want to fall over?" Yes/No answer. Sort of like a retro really. Not doing it this way is basically just a bit rubbish with the way the system has evolved.

Lee

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jan 21 2015, 08:34 AM
Post #39

Arch-Enemy

So I know this has been talked about before any number of times but I find myself not knowing the answer;

Can someone who is immune to a type of damage summon something which can inflict it? Can an undead summoned by a priest who is currently spirit invis'd inflict spirit damage?
How about Dancing Sword? Can a manaformed elf inflict physical damage with a Dancing Sword?

J

Yes they can, because it is something else inflicting the damage. Undead/Elemental is pretty easy to see, Dancing sword a little less but still works.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Feb 16 2015, 01:27 PM
Post #40

Hero

Member No.: 87

In the new Almanac it list the Hollow Bone Goblin tribe can play Forest Guardians and Leywalkers but not the base life.

Any chance can have the life's for these goblins.

Thanks Iain

Leywalkers use life as a Silverfolk Spy (35/12 at 8th) and forest guardians and Forest guardians have life as a Goblin pathfinder (39/15 at 8th)

Lee

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 07:09 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins