IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Myron - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Myron, Should it not be widley known
Pants
post Jul 22 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 148

Some people may know but the Empire is at war with the forces of Myron should this not be better known about? Should it not be impacting dungeons? Is this time for some great uber plot within the LRP world?

--------------------
- Pants

"Stop quoting laws to us, we carry swords!" Pompey the Great 82BC

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

Corrupting the youth since 1995!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jul 22 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Pants @ Jul 22 2009, 08:27 AM) *
Some people may know but the Empire is at war with the forces of Myron should this not be better known about? Should it not be impacting dungeons? Is this time for some great uber plot within the LRP world?

I have no idea who/what Myron is at all!

Carlo

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Jul 22 2009, 07:53 AM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 41

Just taking a stab in the dark here, but wouldn't this be something the plot team should have a go at driving? As otherwise it exists only in Alan Morgan's distant and disconnected consciousness?

Weemyron and Eemyron Carlo, ring any bells? They've been "on the map" forever if I recall correctly! They were always special.

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jul 22 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Bruno @ Jul 22 2009, 08:53 AM) *
Just taking a stab in the dark here, but wouldn't this be something the plot team should have a go at driving? As otherwise it exists only in Alan Morgan's distant and disconnected consciousness?

Weemyron and Eemyron Carlo, ring any bells? They've been "on the map" forever if I recall correctly! They were always special.

Oh right. I always ignored those places on account of them having silly names. How can you start a place name with Wee, and say it with a serious face I don't know...

Carlo

+Quote Post
Pants
post Jul 22 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #5

Mercenary

Indeed just wondered if it is being picked up. Joe has bagged me to ref in Sept and wondered if I should include this plot in the dungeon.

--------------------
- Pants

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 22 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(Pants @ Jul 22 2009, 09:40 AM) *
Indeed just wondered if it is being picked up. Joe has bagged me to ref in Sept and wondered if I should include this plot in the dungeon.

Feel free Pants - if you can get stuff from Alan smile.gif

Rob

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pants
post Jul 22 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #7

Mercenary

Ah ha! ;-)

--------------------
- Pants

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 22 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #8

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Very little of anything seems to have filtered back to LRP

Be nice to hear more of what is going on

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Jul 22 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 39

Put a turn in as Baiter to go have a look perhaps?

/poke

Stuart

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 22 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #10

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Stuart @ Jul 22 2009, 05:12 PM) *
Put a turn in as Baiter to go have a look perhaps?

/poke

Stuart

Well I could do that

Or I could do something I might WANT to do as Baiter
I started playing Baiter precisely so I could do whatever I wanted, not what a city council, senate etc etc wanted

I think we're still missing the information needed from Heroes for LRP.

It still feels like Heroes is the gameworld, and LRP just interacts with it sometimes these days

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Jan
post Jul 22 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #11

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(DanM @ Jul 22 2009, 06:43 PM) *
I think we're still missing the information needed from Heroes for LRP.

/agree with that bit of what Dan said

Something as monumentous as an invasion inside the Empire itself, or the imminent fiscal collapse of the Grull system really should warrant some kind of presence within the live game world. Is there any chance of a return to a more regular companion? perhaps a warning system which can be posted online which lists the top 3 threats to the Empire's peace so characters dont look around surprised when they find out the basis of their understanding has been fundementally changed. 3 things would be enough to convey a feel, and enough so it can be updated regularly, just a sentence on each.

I would offer to do it myself, but that would probably be treading on about half a dozen peoples toes.

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jul 22 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 52

QUOTE(DanM @ Jul 22 2009, 06:43 PM) *
It still feels like Heroes is the gameworld, and LRP just interacts with it sometimes these days

You'd be surprised how little attention some people and players can pay to waht is happening around them.

Many clues, plots, threads, connections are simply missed, ignored or forgotten about.

Information from events often doesn't pass through to other mercenaries to whom it may mean something or can connect more dots and realise where the web starts and finishes.

The game world is huge. Even if you have a full caves over a weekend, running eight adventures each one of those can be in a different city, territory, nation and still leave most of it untouched, it could be weeks or even months before another group of mercenaries return to that place and what has happened in the intervening six months could mean thing are either very different or long forgotten.

Things have happened, are happening and will happen.

Just not everything has a neon sign or visible ritual strike to highlight them when they do.

I'd encourage mercenaries to talk more amongst themselves, that is your biggest source of information you will ever have.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Jul 22 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 41

On the other hand, if the Empire is at war this info should be generally available. Etc.

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Jul 22 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #14

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

I seem to remember, though I could be imagining this, playing a monster part where we did everything in the name of Myron (war cries, verbals etc) but not knowing anything about it beyond that.

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jul 22 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #15

Legend

Member No.: 52

QUOTE(Bruno @ Jul 22 2009, 09:58 PM) *
On the other hand, if the Empire is at war this info should be generally available. Etc.

You might think so...but basically what Rob said.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 22 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #16

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Bruno @ Jul 22 2009, 09:58 PM) *

Technically the Empire is not at war.

Currently the territories of Alguz ~ formerly part of the Empire and who's status is somewhat in dispute following the Actions of certain luminaries in the Church of Talthar ~ is under direct threat from the forces of Myron.

An army of Myron is most likely leaving the territories of Alguz and entering proper Imperial soil.

At this time no Imperial Forces have been attacked or harmed.

The Senate is trying to resolve the issue of the threat simultaneously to the political and supernatural ramifications of what the Church of Talthar has done to Alguz which is creating a whole nest of problems with organsing a united defence. Currently a few Imperial Forces are in Alguz but have been unable to engage the Myronese forces in combat.

I'm pretty sure that as soon as something concrete is sorted that the appropriate people (no doubt the Senate) will make an announcement to the populace in general. Rmember in a fantasy world information doesn't actually travel at the speed of Internet and it takes OOC time for the game to reach the stage where IC pronouncements can be made.

Regards the Grull I think Anath would probably, in his best Jim Hacker voice, say somethng like:

"You may have heard rumours concerning the strength of the Imperial Economy. The Grull is as safe and strong as is has been this past decade. That is not to say that there aren't some issues but your grull is worth just as much as it always has been and The Senate, in conjunction with the Empire's Merchants, are working together to ensure business as usual. Please Carry On Adventuring* and spending your grulls as you always have..."

BBB

*Hmm, a new episode in the old fanchise perchance? wink.gif

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
AndrewBucknell
post Jul 23 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #17

Hero

Member No.: 95

Myronese advanced forces captured and destroyed the trade town supported by the fortress of Hells Cauldron (also destroyed) along with the troops sationed there. The 101st and Drago's personal honour guard forced the myronese from the town and the Keys Lancers destroyed them when they reached open ground.

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Jul 23 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #18

Viper

Member No.: 36

QUOTE(BBB @ Jul 22 2009, 11:22 PM) *
Technically the Empire is not at war.

Regards the Grull I think Anath would probably, in his best Jim Hacker voice, say somethng like:

"You may have heard rumours concerning the strength of the Imperial Economy. The Grull is as safe and strong as is has been this past decade. That is not to say that there aren't some issues but your grull is worth just as much as it always has been and The Senate, in conjunction with the Empire's Merchants, are working together to ensure business as usual. Please Carry On Adventuring* and spending your grulls as you always have..."

BBB

*Hmm, a new episode in the old fanchise perchance? wink.gif

Or perhaps -
"It does not mean that the grull here in Labyrinthia, in your pocket or purse or in your bank, has been devalued" ?

Julian

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jul 23 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #19

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

QUOTE(JulianW @ Jul 23 2009, 09:53 AM) *
Or perhaps -
"It does not mean that the grull here in Labyrinthia, in your pocket or purse or in your bank, has been devalued" ?

Julian

There has been a 0% rise in the value of the Grull?

J

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 23 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #20

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Jasper @ Jul 23 2009, 10:10 AM) *
There has been a 0% rise in the value of the Grull?

J

Actually a 0.0% rise in the value of the Grull.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:41 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins