IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Fair wells - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fair wells
Kail
post Jul 24 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 644

Many in the mercinary community may not know these people but on Sunsday three mercinaries fell for the last time. They found a threat to Primas when hired a few months back and followed it through to the end. Not for a hire, not for pay but because it needed to be stopped. They stood atop a mountain and fought a dragon until their souls had no more to give.

So thought the names will mean nothing to most, here's to Kiwi, Slinky and Aether. A goblin, an orc and a demon that showed what goodness truly means.

You will not be forgotten by those of us that knew you.

Isaac
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Will
post Jul 24 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 158

Also Tarkin.

They have all returned to the world tree and will be reborn on the wheel.

Kesira

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
MarkD
post Jul 24 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,413

Aether. I will start with my thanks to you, for being a friend I have stood by for what must be three years now. I remember our earliest travels together, from the early days when you followed the Spiter, to your last, where you held your head up high as a burning beacon of light, and were willing to sacrifice yourself for your friends, and for the people of the land.

Kiwi. You are the most heroic goblin friend that I have ever met. You showed me what true selflessness is. Again and again you laid down your life for your allies, your friends, so that they could carry on the fight in your name. In what has only been a few months, we have grown to be close friends, and I hope you rest peacefully with your heroes, before you return to us, to protect the weak once again.

Slinky. Four months ago when we first met, I never thought that an orc would hold a place so close to my heart. You were the first person who has made me question the spirits, as they say you are not light of heart, when you clearly are. Watching you lay down with your 'little ones' broke my heart, and I hope that you rest peacefully with them, as you deserve.

Tarkin. While I will not pretend to have ever gotten on with the Empire, I certainly got on with you. Your dark sense of humour never ceased to make me smile, and you are one of the most dedicated men I have ever seen, something I have not witnessed much within the empire, willing to sacrifice the last of your vitae to weaken Rey'lathian.

The Hearthlending thanks you for the purification of the dwarves of Sildeyuir, and mourns your passage. Thank you for being wonderful friends, I will miss you all greatly, and I hope and pray that we meet again in your next lives.

Hermish Hashmere,
Champion of Moradin

+Quote Post
Kail
post Jul 24 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 644

Those Empirial Seers may have redacted your name ###### from my message but they have not taken you from my thoughts. I will always remember when you ############################# or the time you ############## ###########. Lets not forget when you willingly offered to ########################## so that we stood a chance.

Thank you #####.

Isaac

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 24 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #5

Deity

Member No.: 25

Kiwi and Slinky, may the Totems watch over you.

It seems your lives and deeds have touched those around you and no greater accolade can be granted to the tribes than to be remembered with Glory and Honour.

You are welcome to Eternal rest in The Savage Lands but I am sure your friends would wish you a speedy return, whichever you choose.

Aether and Tarkin, may your patrons watch over you and guide you on your path and may they be pleased by your actions in this life and speed you to your next.

Watching-Owl
High Shaman
Sway of the Savage Lands

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jul 24 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #6

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

Sounds like Aether turned out all right in the end then. She was still an iffy little demon thing when I met her. She died, I asked 'er upstairs to help guide her back and into a life of light, and it seems it worked. Yet more evidence, if any needed it, that Border occassionally knows what's what. I'll be drinking quite a lot in your honour tonight, Aether. If you come across a young lady with a wicked twinkle in her eye, follow whatever guidance she has to offer. It's usually for the best. (I'm never going to hear then end of admitting that....).

To the others that fell with Aether: I never met you, but if you were counted amongst Aether's friends, you must've been good people. I will eat more than few pies for you.

No, you all deserve better than that: I will not drink, nor will I eat, to honour your lives.

May you all return to us swiftly. I'll pray to the boss lady to help guide you all to wherever you need, or want, to be.

Brother Tubbs
Friar of Border

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
BlockWizard
post Jul 24 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #7

Militiaman

Member No.: 3,007

I am... completely astounded... To think that she passed on in such a blaze of emotion and heroism; and I had no idea that anything was even happening...

I must admit even I was a little wary of Æther at first- but she proved to me (and every one else) time and time again that she was driven by the power of the light. She has saved many lives in her time, including mine! Multiple times! We are in dire need of such heroic and selfless souls in this world as Æther. I'm incredibly proud to be able to call you my friend.

I for one, have already shed many a tear in writing this message.

May you find peace now, and may you bask in my lady's light.

Goodbye, friend.

Randall Lyghtwood, priest of Shaehan

--------------------
Hi, I'm Conor. Also known as:

Lord Zacharius Ward, foppish blue warlock/duelist
Lazlow von Lieblos, sanguine Circle pencil-pusher
Randall Lyghtwood, fragile Shaehan pure priest
Errin "Twiglet", spacey druidic wood elf awakener

+Quote Post
KatSables
post Jul 24 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 26

Where to start?

Tarkin, my rooftop friend, he never ever had any power and was really rubbish against undead and elementals but my goodness could he make a fabulous cup of tea and was always there with the wine when you really needed it. My rooftop friend I'll see you in another life.

Slinky, he was one of the founding members of team orc, however due to a few changes he was demoted to just a member. I think I've probably forgiven you for using me as a human shield and getting me killed however I'm still angry you married that other bint and didn't even invite me to the wedding. Our tribal dance will be one orc short, but not for long. Love Vicky x

Kiwi, the scariest and most angry little goblin I've ever met. Razor sharp tongue but a heart of gold. Best potions in all of the lands. She gave her own life on more than one occasion to save the life of another. A small goblin in a very big world but with the biggest courage ever. Kiwi like me was just trying to go home. I hope she has found her home, never forgotten and never left out in the rain.

Aether will never be a member of team orc. She could kill with just one glance and her scream was enough to scare away the faint hearted. I hope the turn on the wheel is good to you, you've grown so much since we first met. I am sad our time together ended so quickly. I'll miss you

Victoria

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jul 24 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 52

From dusk to dawn my unheard screams grow silent in defeat
I know you’re all just memories now
But your shadows used to taste so sweet
As the dragon fades away, I realise it’s all over
And nothing stays the same
Now your lives are over and all that remains are your skull and bones
I weep beside your graves
I’ll fold you in my arms, I'll watch you while you rest
And I’ll hold in my shadow
All that remains

Zaton

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 25 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 198

Sigh...hurry back Kiwi.
What can I help with if you are still my tribe?
Miss you.
Milly

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jul 26 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,369

Whilst I can't count Aether, Kiwi, Slinky or Tarkin amongst my friends having not fought alongside them often. I wish any follower of the Light to return quickly to continue the great fight against the darkness. The Light must prevail, the darkness must be pushed back. Let's hope their turning on the wheel brings them back with an even greater dedication and conviction.

Rangar
Champion of Light

--------------------
Richard Eden (Possibly human maybe a vampire)
General Arkus (Toy Soldier Mystic)
Rangar (YO YO - Vitae bleeder)
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jul 26 2017, 12:02 PM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 242

Aether was a blauz, right? I expect news of her permenent passing to be some kind of elaborate trick and we'll be seeing her within the month, maybe in a new disguise of some kind.

Tobius.

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 27 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #13

Legend

Member No.: 198

Rangar,
Do us all a favour and keep your deluded mouth shut.
Milly

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Tomodachi
post Jul 28 2017, 08:32 AM
Post #14

Levy

Member No.: 689

For four friends to fall forever is a time of great sorrow and reflection.

To Slinky. I did not know you well, but your devotion to those you chose to protect was unmatched. I am only sorry that we others were unable to ward your charges better. Rest well in whatever land or realm your soul now inhabits (free from rabbit boiling Dworcs), it is well deserved.

To Tarkin. My friend, the world is a quieter and less certain place without you. You know how much I value your good judgement, you ability to read people. I hope that the Imperial Seers allow you a respite from your travails, and that should you turn on the wheel you might find a vocation a little gentler on the soul. The empire was blessed by your service, and you are sorely missed.

To Aether. You are burning force of hope, devotion and light and I know you sit now in the heavens amongst the others of your kind. May the light of Michael and his Lord the Creator shine down upon you, you were a dauntless warrior, a brave defender and a noble hero. Your deeds will not be forgotten.

Finally, to Kiwi. Oh, Kiwi. You are one of the noblest souls I have ever met. You are strong, devoted, selfless and irrepressible. You were the first Goblin I ever met, and if all were like you Goblins would be the paramount of races. You spoke often of your heroes and your reverence of them, and selfishly I hoped you would not so soon be taken to join them. I know that if there is a hall where the Dead Heroes reside you are now there, and none deserves their place more. You are my hero Kiwi, with no armour, no shield you always ran towards dangers, whatever Goblins are known for. You constantly gave your life to save ours and there is no thank you or apology great enough to pay off such a debt. May Michael and his angels watch over you in the afterlife, and may you find welcome and fellowship in your next life. I am doing whatever I can to return to Secundal Keys, to find you a permanent home. You deserve a home to call your own Kiwi, and I shan't rest until you have one.
Know that when I call upon Michael both our thoughts shall turn to you, for Michael recognises true heroism, and you shall never be forgotten .

Rest in peace departed spirits. May the spirits of Light ward you, and the loving thoughts of those left behind comfort you in that rest.

Thalia

--------------------
Known to play Thalia, Kokachin, Faithful and Miranda Winterhaven

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins