IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
World impacting events - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World impacting events, Friday topic.
gormaden
post Oct 19 2018, 01:35 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,327

So of back of "What price failure?" Should we not consider world impacting events? The final Dawn is a great example but there so many linear dungeons that feed CP but not necessarily that could impact the larger community.

For example: - New goodly temple means all "church members" gain +1 spirit per level
or a failed dungeon - Desecration - all "church members" gain -1 spirit per level until the temple is restored

The world whispers is a good step in this direction, but I could see a greater IC community spirit if there was a "world bad guy/plot" that was affecting players.

Thoughts?

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave
post Oct 19 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 62

Then whole point of world whispers is to give players an idea of what’s happening around, then generate dungeons to look into. Then start an If chat on and solve. There’s loads of out that players know / haven’t realised / can’t or don’t want to share.

Having a weekly write up of that baddies are doing won’t work, having someone take ownership of a plot line and generating interesting / IC chat will work

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
Will
post Oct 19 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 158

People are always more than welcome to contact me about world whispers and I will direct them to the correct ref/answers if I know/am able to give them out.

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:46 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins