IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Quick power base question - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick power base question
post Mar 7 2015, 02:07 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

I know magic users can't* use spirit items, and vice versa, and nobody outside the Priest bracket can use spiritual items without buying the ability to do so, but what about other power bases? Specifically, I've been looking at what you can do with monster points. If my forest guardian has a compelling IC reason for an item of MAC and an item of a spell, which she does on both accounts, can she use them?

* - let's not get into a discussion of mantics here, shall we?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Mar 7 2015, 03:19 PM
Post #2

Group:

QUOTE(Louise @ Mar 7 2015, 02:07 PM) *
I know magic users can't* use spirit items, and vice versa, and nobody outside the Priest bracket can use spiritual items without buying the ability to do so, but what about other power bases? Specifically, I've been looking at what you can do with monster points. If my forest guardian has a compelling IC reason for an item of MAC and an item of a spell, which she does on both accounts, can she use them?
* - let's not get into a discussion of mantics here, shall we?

Hi Louise, Yes your forest guardian can use magic items it does not interfere with EP.

Paul

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Mar 7 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 208

Basically everyone gets utilise magic and physical items. Except those that obviously don't - monks, priests.

Utilise EP items and psionic items are specific skills - automatic if a Druid/Psi class otherwise an ability must be purchased.

So your forest guardian could standardly use a physical item of +18/6 life, a ring of MAC4, and a stick of Druidic total heal, but not a metal necklace of auric colour, nor a +0 spirit sword.

Hope that helps

Alasdair

+Quote Post
post Mar 7 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #4

Group:

QUOTE(Alasdair @ Mar 7 2015, 03:21 PM) *
Basically everyone gets utilise magic and physical items. Except those that obviously don't - monks, priests.

Utilise EP items and psionic items are specific skills - automatic if a Druid/Psi class otherwise an ability must be purchased.

So your forest guardian could standardly use a physical item of +18/6 life, a ring of MAC4, and a stick of Druidic total heal, but not a metal necklace of auric colour, nor a +0 spirit sword.

Hope that helps

Alasdair

Answered in more detail wink.gif

+Quote Post
post Mar 7 2015, 03:28 PM
Post #5

Group:

Thanks guys! After a Shock broke her arm on her first mercenary hire, well, she's got a vested interest in not letting that happen again. It hurt! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cildan
post Mar 7 2015, 08:32 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 71

Just beware an item of MAC will help against a Shock spell, but not very much, since it takes the damage by 1 for 1

--------------------
"I used to be normal, but I found the cure"

+Quote Post
post Mar 8 2015, 10:46 AM
Post #7

Group:

Still better than nothing, no? smile.gif

And as I recall there are spells which MAC works better against.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 8 2015, 11:47 AM
Post #8

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Louise @ Mar 8 2015, 10:46 AM) *
Still better than nothing, no? smile.gif

And as I recall there are spells which MAC works better against.

You are right, MAC is very effective against most damaging spells. Shock just happens (along with Snowball, Magic Misssile and Supermissile) to not to be one of those spells.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Elferrick
post Mar 8 2015, 11:55 AM
Post #9

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,270

Pain... Let's not forget pain

--------------------
Wayne
Institute.labby@Gmail.com

Vargo Radule D'Treal - Ancientfolk Wizard

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 8 2015, 12:25 PM
Post #10

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Elferrick @ Mar 8 2015, 11:55 AM) *
Pain... Let's not forget pain

MAC doesn't apply versus Pain, so its not so much a case of not being very effective but pointless against Pain, part of that being down to the fact that pain does Physical not Magical damage (which leads to all sorts of oddities at the higher end of the system).

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
GNW
post Mar 8 2015, 01:07 PM
Post #11

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,146

One alternative for monsters points to buying MAC 1 would be an item with a couple of plate self spells a day. (PAC 5 MAC 5 for 5 minutes). More effective but not constant.

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Mar 10 2015, 02:35 AM
Post #12

Hero

Member No.: 653

Join the Knights of +1 MAC, have half effect fire 1/day for 5 minutes, job done wink.gif

--------------------

OOC:- Matt West

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 1500); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

A longer version of this post is available on request.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 06:24 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins