> Elves and draves, how do they manage?
mattway
post Aug 26 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #1

Levy

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

Hi folks,

Has anyone got any top tips on getting ressed/healed as an elf/drave these days? It has not escaped my attention that there seem to be a fair few high level elves and draves these days but they must have died sometime... Years ago you either got blag ressed on a myths or the like or (for Drowe) were in House Despana when it gave you auto res., but for the average elf things were a little bleak until the priests at your level became vivamancers. Soooo my question is how is it done these days?... Elder Fey or high elf both look like good options but does anyone have ways of doing it without getting half a spirit? I'd rather not get half a spirit if possible because as a rogue it kinda exposes you to getting spotted by spirit sight/done over by another power base.

I saw on another thread that people are getting 'innates heal me instead of giving MAC'... how does this work- 3/3 per innate used? Any other ideas on managing?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mojo
post Aug 26 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 954

Not an elf as such, but spiritless as Mojo and I have regen, retros, flubby to kill and rely on a mancer will probably be able to rez me.

--------------------
John - Real life fat guy.
Egor - Spirit Ninja Monk of Doooom (hampered only be me being a fat sod who can't fight for toffee).
André Kortane - Honestly not an AP, I just have lots of spirit items and an unholy sword.
Mojo-Rein Majius - Bimbling moron, nuff said.
Kat-I-Krri - Demon Assassin, they will never see it coming!

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Aug 26 2015, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

As a warrior you're always going to have to pick your fights. That might be "all of them" - my 5k elven warrior is good for the small fights but struggles in the big fights as he relies on regen.

Regen as 1st race troll is possible in a MR: Currently I have all the published stuff and x4 (as rock troll). Plus a couple of extra bits that mean it works very well.

Bracket Pure / battlemaster is also doable but you need to remember that racial magic is something that should be invested into and that might cause issues. I went for elven mana and wizard which I am finding works very well.

Getting Ressed - being non-evil is probably enough for easy resses. Being evil doesn't make it impossible either. Join KotL, Tryst or some other guild which would make people want to res you and that would probably sort it.

Chris

Edit: I think I had Affirms heal 3/3 failed. Possibly under Phil? I do have 5mins of regen as an 8 mana racial innate though which is not great but worth it instead of dying.

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Aug 26 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 112

As a scout subclass bandaging and regen is pretty good, I've got can't eat lembas but gains 1/1 regen a couple of times.

Getting being susceptible to EP is pretty strong. something you could possibly do via a n/s elder fey? but not lose your spirit.

Some kind of well equipped with potions, hollow tooth combo.

Also depends what colour you are? Some kind of option to trade innates for something that will keep you alive a bit.

m/c power master, you get fap and total heals..

Infact if your a scout I'd just look at shifts and fap as how to stay alive!

+Quote Post
BBB
post Aug 26 2015, 09:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 25

Elven Scouts and Wizards do ok as getting hit is not part of the job description. I marvel at Elven Warrior types.

I have for my Sylph affirms heal 4 TBLP or 3/1 exactly as Lembas or 2 to a loc & 0 TBLP.

Which covers emergency healing when needed.

Ivory has lots of self healing potential via replenish and the fact that temporary Ivory Warrior life can be used to soak up damage.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
mattway
post Aug 26 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #6

Levy

Member No.: 298

QUOTE(RichardCraig @ Aug 26 2015, 10:02 PM) *
As a scout subclass bandaging and regen is pretty good, I've got can't eat lembas but gains 1/1 regen a couple of times.

Getting being susceptible to EP is pretty strong. something you could possibly do via a n/s elder fey? but not lose your spirit.

Some kind of well equipped with potions, hollow tooth combo.

Also depends what colour you are? Some kind of option to trade innates for something that will keep you alive a bit.

m/c power master, you get fap and total heals..

Infact if your a scout I'd just look at shifts and fap as how to stay alive!

1. Whats fap?
2. if a rogue multiclasses power master, do you get more mana? I'm ebony so it might be hard to total heal?
3. what's elven mana? Do you mean trade your innates for an equivilant amount of mana in that colour only?
4. so for non-evil elf just getting body does not dissipate should be enough?
5. how difficult is it to get last 1/1 magic only? Is this a m/race?

+Quote Post
Martinj
post Aug 26 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

I was pretty reasonable in a fight up to about 1500pts as my elf thug. Bandaging, Lembas and potions handled my healing, ac12 and combat wary minimised the damage as long as I was careful. Frankly, having a shield and remembering that every 1pt of damage you take is significant gets you a long way. Plus, being an elven scout means you're not always expected to be at the front! Oh, and my base race was half elf, I multiraced full elf so I'd have human life. Since then I got a few other ways of healing and other damage reductions.

It's probably cheaper to find ways not to take damage than it is to have healing. Make loads of Lembas and use them when you need to.

I'm nowhere near as tough as Tiffer's monstrosity though!

+Quote Post
BBB
post Aug 26 2015, 09:49 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(mattway @ Aug 26 2015, 10:42 PM) *
1. Whats fap?
2. if a rogue multiclasses power master, do you get more mana? I'm ebony so it might be hard to total heal?
3. what's elven mana? Do you mean trade your innates for an equivilant amount of mana in that colour only?
4. so for non-evil elf just getting body does not dissipate should be enough?
5. how difficult is it to get last 1/1 magic only? Is this a m/race?

1. Foream Parry
2. They can't (that would put them in three brackets: Scout, Wizard & Warrior so would have to be a non-standard which would then determine what happened)
4. Generally, depends who's down the caves that day
5. Not very, but its multirace territory

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Aug 26 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #9

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

Yeah cash all your innates into mana. You might loose a bit, you might not - I haven't but I've seen some who have. I also decreased the cost to buy more innates to 9pts per mana and advanced/non-standard for 12pts per mana.

Chris

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Aug 26 2015, 10:11 PM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 574

I did it by having healing at low level and building into a solid set of immunities / damage reductions which I supplement with healing.

The truth is don't get drawn into trading blows with monsters as Martin says even at 1pt a blow assume you can't afford to get hit.

I'm not sure it's that easy without healing, Tiffer started his at 3K which you can't overlook... 0pts to 1.5K was the hardest slog to stay alive,there was a lot of earthmeld in those first points!

As for wizards and scouts, be careful and you'll be just fine on lembas and potions

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Aug 26 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 112

yeah because no body has ever been in three brackets..

I well known rogue traded in buy as scout for buy as budoka early doors for maximum survivablity.

I had some stuff about absorbing mists and regenning at a much faster rate in mists passed.

To be fair if you are ebony I'd just get some stuff to be immune to damage, I had passed combat wary and no fx as glyphs and a limited form of escape for less mana, non moving mists etc..

I've got ebony as a colour passed for a rogue as well which is pretty good.

And work out a way to get mana form the glyph to your list and you're situationally unkillable!

+Quote Post
JasonE
post Aug 27 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #12

Militiaman

Member No.: 564

Find a pet dog. Heals anything that can stand being near it. When awake that is

--------------------
J - The thing known as Dog
- Tyrone (twiglet Wizard, because they are yummy)

+Quote Post
PaulM
post Aug 27 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #13

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,029

Yeah pretty much as above.
Bandages, potions, lembas, regeneration, temp life power ups.

Also importantly Parry, pick your fights and use your innates at the right time.

--------------------
Paul M

Known to Play

Lync Woodoak
Beast
James Flashblade
Malarick Despana
Gerry the Golem

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Aug 27 2015, 11:23 PM
Post #14

Heldsman

Member No.: 208

As ebony,

1 don't get hit
2 buff combat wary to reduce getting hurt (2nd blow, etc)
3 use your MR to get healing - eg mist form as vampire, returns healed, or if evil maybe get a kickback from Pain-I ing others
4 healer girlfriend and persuade mantics are a good idea
5 top up with potions and scout skills

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 10:23 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins