Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Post Brute
Ferro
post Aug 14 2015, 08:00 AM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,812

Has anybody got anything good passed or ideas to build on post brute?

I didn't really find anything on a search and the few I did I think were about getting around the restrictions of not casting rather than improving on it from a physical pov.

So... any ideas which keep the restrictions but give you more / better physical stuff?

--------------------
Stacey
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Aug 14 2015, 08:06 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 574

Mr Fisher is your man but he's on myths (based on the weather I assume it's day one of myths anyway?)

+Quote Post
Meganerd
post Aug 14 2015, 08:29 AM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 70

QUOTE(Ferro @ Aug 14 2015, 09:00 AM) *

I didn't really find anything on a search and the few I did I think were about getting around the restrictions of not casting rather than improving on it from a physical pov.

So... any ideas which keep the restrictions but give you more / better physical stuff?

I have something called 'feral' which makes me more of a hunter than a stupid brute...

Gives me 9/3 life/ innate pac 2, counts as 1/2 ogre for power house life/ can't leave warrior bracket...

Sure there are better ideas but that's what I went for

Ed

+Quote Post
oggrod
post Aug 14 2015, 08:31 AM
Post #4

Levy

Member No.: 277

hi

i got more PAC and life and went for skin monsters and can cast own racial innate, oh and not so brutish but rather wild and untamed

was around 150 pts tho

--------------------
UG!

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Aug 23 2015, 06:59 AM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 3,966

QUOTE(Ferro @ Aug 14 2015, 09:00 AM) *

I copied and developed an idea from Bruno's demonic imp, for my goblin scout . It's called 'goldfish'. It's quite heavily restricted and I can't remember everything except losing some scout skill levels, the fact that I forget everything I've learnt after 5 mins that doesn't reflect my inherent nature (so I still remember my tribe etc).

However, any thing that is effecting me that lasts 5 mins now only lasts 30 seconds, and anything longer now lasts 5 mins (or maybe it was half duration). If I did the effect to myself, as long as I purely concentrate on that one thing and don't get distracted, it has normal duration. So my berserk rages (who doesn't have that as a Goblin Scout?) I can stick with, but quite often I find it hard to stay in a camouflage as there's too much going on...

If you're interested I can try and find it and PM you a photo

Dave

Dave

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Aug 23 2015, 02:01 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 446

I tried a few things with brute with limited success

Greater Brute - may not now even activate the power in items without innates (so magic swords for instance) but brute benefits are doubled - 100 points (not bought because it is a bit rude post physical ki strikes and I suspect Lee would not sign it on for my brute but maybe for someone else)

Evolved - lose +1STR, 6/2 life and 1 innate PAC but keep item restrictions. Gain intelligence as a 1/2 orc - 10 points. (This was very specific for my brute post T11 from not really needing the benefits and the evolution thing making sense... not recommended for all and even I haven't bought it yet)

Too stupid - does not understand any instructions from external sources (i.e. if mastered the priest / item etc can't actually give any orders) - 50 points (not bought yet)

Not your man! - post brute and henchman - +2 resistance lvls vs. any domination effect (-2 from master) and a warcry type ability that means any effect lasts a max of 30 seconds (during which I am confused and nothing more) - 50 points per warcry, perm for 50 post 3 innates

Gains Brute - 1st tendency slot taken (for my troll thug) - 20 points

So basically not that much as it is simply sooo good for the right character as written. I imagine rages, immunity to confusion (or domination acts as confusion), extra life, PAC etc

David

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Aug 24 2015, 04:30 PM
Post #7

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,812

Cheers all.

I bought it as my orc warrior who I wanted to keep bracket pure. Maybe I should just mc something like monk who has restrictions anyway rather than trying to build on it..

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Aug 24 2015, 04:58 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 446

1/2 orc warrior with privilaged background (allowing you to MC monk) and going brute - nice. RP could be you are the secret son of a human noble who pays a stipend to loyal followers to look after you (even though you are abit dim...)

David

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 06:59 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins