Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MRs / MCs to increase base life
fatteacher
post Mar 12 2015, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,355

Does anyone have hints for increasing base life for a character please? I didn't get it passed for my Kensai MCing Sword Saint but that was fair as he was gaining warrior priest spirits.
Can I add base life to a multi-race? Am I stuck with going Warrior next? Can I design a warrior based MC with warrior life?
Thanks

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Ice Mana Knight / Warrior 5k
Ginkgo Panama (aka 'Dead Man Walking') - Kensai 3.3k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 750pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk 1.9k

'It can't rain all the time!'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Mar 12 2015, 10:32 PM
Post #2

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

QUOTE(fatteacher @ Mar 12 2015, 10:30 PM) *
Does anyone have hints for increasing base life for a character please? I didn't get it passed for my Kensai MCing Sword Saint but that was fair as he was gaining warrior priest spirits.
Can I add base life to a multi-race? Am I stuck with going Warrior next? Can I design a warrior based MC with warrior life?
Thanks

I've got human warrior life for an elven warrior in a M/R and something like 10th level or possibly +18 base life for my ggrutuck in a MR so it's definitely doable.

Chris

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 12 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 25

Depends on your base class and race.

If you are in the warrior Bracket there are lots of ways

7th and 8th Power House for instance is probably the easiest way if you are staying bracket pure.

so 7th level Power House, now has 9th Level Base life
8th level power House, now has 10th level Base life

Although if you were planning on using your 8th level slot on Power House I would add a whole load of other stuff in there such as:

Mighty Thews (Dwarven Locs),

If human base life scale then it becomes Ggrutuck so 82/27 base which becomes 89/30 base for 9th level and 96/32 base for 10th [Which was traditionally the system base life maximum]

Life counts as Ggrtuck for purposes of Power House and of course another 6/3 Life at each 7th and 8th level of Power House

All that would be quite a boost in base life.

If you are talking about your Kensai-Priest then its going to be a bit harder but its multirace territory. Don't overlook the ELOL you can buy post 6th Priest. You could probably use a multicass slot to say "ELOL now count as 5/2"

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Mar 12 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(BBB @ Mar 12 2015, 10:54 PM) *
Depends on your base class and race.

If you are in the warrior Bracket there are lots of ways

7th and 8th Power House for instance is probably the easiest way if you are staying bracket pure.

so 7th level Power House, now has 9th Level Base life
8th level power House, now has 10th level Base life

Although if you were planning on using your 8th level slot on Power House I would add a whole load of other stuff in there such as:

Mighty Thews (Dwarven Locs),

If human base life scale then it becomes Ggrutuck so 82/27 base which becomes 89/30 base for 9th level and 96/32 base for 10th [Which was traditionally the system base life maximum]

Life counts as Ggrtuck for purposes of Power House and of course another 6/3 Life at each 7th and 8th level of Power House

All that would be quite a boost in base life.

If you are talking about your Kensai-Priest then its going to be a bit harder but its multirace territory. Don't overlook the ELOL you can buy post 6th Priest. You could probably use a multicass slot to say "ELOL now count as 5/2"

BBB

Thanks
Got the 'buy ELOL at 5/2' but my life cap is too low for me to use these.

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Ice Mana Knight / Warrior 5k
Ginkgo Panama (aka 'Dead Man Walking') - Kensai 3.3k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 750pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk 1.9k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Mar 12 2015, 11:58 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 112

Just buy live to minus 18 and the warrior subclass ablity that turns your life over your life cap into live to minus then you can still get the benefit of the 5/2 ELOL.

If you're a priest maybe a perm enhanced spirit? Or even just get passive heal as a miracle, it's effectively 36 extra life.

Although if you are a priest you now have access to total heal so I'd buy as many innates of that as possible for the win.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 13 2015, 12:04 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(fatteacher @ Mar 12 2015, 10:58 PM) *
Thanks
Got the 'buy ELOL at 5/2' but my life cap is too low for me to use these.

A Multirace with Base Human Warrior Life, so 60/20 at 6th and 72/24 at 8th.

Of course, might be worth waiting to see what new goodies the updated rules books brings... wink.gif

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 01:14 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins