IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Exodus of Faith - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exodus of Faith
BBB
post Mar 11 2020, 02:21 PM
Post #1

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

My Lord Knight, Lords of Orders

This exodus of Priests needs to be stemmed and hopefully reversed.

Long have the knights, martial though we are, been bolstered by a diversity of beliefs, faiths, powers and moralities.

Is there not some understanding that can be made and clearly stated that, should a hypothetical situation be reached whereby Faith conflicts with Oath that a Priest might be banished from our Order with no recrimination, instead of Cast Out with its associated penalties?

I suggest this purely for matters of Faith, no other transgression of the Oath.

This might reassure many, especially those of light, who fear having to choose between Faith and Oath, Excommunication and Casting Out. Who have otherwise made compromises on one level or another to remain committed to our Order

Whilst the hypothetical is so slim it does exist and there are always forces that might seek to split the knights by engineering such a situation.

We should do all we can to avoid a loss of the Faithful.

Kei-Ry

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Mar 11 2020, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

This is purely and solely my view.

I do not see an exodus of the Faith. I hope and believe that the majority have re-examined their oath, find that it sufficiently matches their beliefs and their faith, and intend to stay.

And most importantly, there should be no Knight now that has any doubt of the importance of their Oath. And that it will apply to all equally.

Everything that has happened, from my perspective, is a good thing. Apart from some choosing to leave, but they will always be welcome back, and despite their loss the Knights are stronger for this stance.

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Mar 11 2020, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Heldsman

Member No.: 873

QUOTE(Netheril @ Mar 11 2020, 02:58 PM) *
This is purely and solely my view.

I do not see an exodus of the Faith. I hope and believe that the majority have re-examined their oath, find that it sufficiently matches their beliefs and their faith, and intend to stay.

And most importantly, there should be no Knight now that has any doubt of the importance of their Oath. And that it will apply to all equally.

Everything that has happened, from my perspective, is a good thing. Apart from some choosing to leave, but they will always be welcome back, and despite their loss the Knights are stronger for this stance.

Sirac Drakeson

Totally agree Sirak

Saladin

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post
Will
post Mar 11 2020, 04:44 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 158

The only people who should feel it best to leave are those who feel they will be compelled to attack another Knight due to their nature rather than action, or who might seek to bring harm to the land through adherence to their faith.

That is a choice people must make for themselves. But if the above is the case then it is perhaps the right choice.

Ace-Tren

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Mar 12 2020, 01:40 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 242

I have never once felt unsafe in the presence of fellow knights until this recent announcement. What I am seeing is many people admitting that their perceived right to kill me is more important than their oath to defend the land. I do not see why they should be let off from punishment in that case.

Radcliffe
Skeletal knight

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Mar 12 2020, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 574

All those decades where we were talking about the great tide of evil hiding in our ranks waiting to be found out and it turns out it was the Goodly Priests all along!

To be honest issues in the last years seem to be - Complaints about knights not taking the oath seriously, the Lord Knight responding with clarity to something we all knew long ago, those lodging complaints now stating that despite their complaints they never intended the eye of scrutiny might in fact be turned on them.

Stop coming up with what ifs and get on with it, if your god would ask you to kill someone defending the land you’re in the wrong faith, if you are so bogged down by hypothetical situations you can’t act join a legion, save the world, do something but please get away from your desk, you’ll drive yourself mad.

Dave Stone
Legionnaire / Noble / Servant of 2 Dragons / Light of Heart

+Quote Post
Abel
post Mar 12 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

Agreed with above statements.

We are not losing the Faithful, rather the latter we are losing those who are so weak in their faith or those that are so Single-minded in their fascism that an Oath to Protect those who cannot protect themselves is unbearable. We are better off without these people as if they cannot manage their faith to a point where it matters, they obviously cannot manage an Oath to the Land and it's needs.

I feel better that a Brother beside me is dependable and not busy struggling with a crisis of faith while we try to save the world.

Xeno

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Mar 12 2020, 05:20 PM
Post #8

Hero

Member No.: 48

I must say that I have been astonished, and grievously disappointed, at the apparent inability of people on both sides of this debate to behave in a civil fashion towards people who are ostensibly either their brothers/sisters-in-arms (or very recently were so), or their brothers/sisters in faith.

It is, believe it or not, usually possible to refer to those people with whom you disagree with respect, even if you disagree with them. I am not sure why this appears to be so difficult for so many members of the mercenary caste, although perhaps I really am as naïve as my popular reputation would suggest.

Those who have left are highly unlikely to be fascists or weaklings, I doubt that in either case they would have been Knights in the first place. At least some of them will have been compelled by the institutions of their faith to leave, rather than wanting to make that choice themselves. Perhaps we can be a little more pleasant, or at least attempt to be so.

Ignatius

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Mar 12 2020, 05:38 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Mar 12 2020, 05:20 PM) *
I must say that I have been astonished, and grievously disappointed, at the apparent inability of people on both sides of this debate to behave in a civil fashion towards people who are ostensibly either their brothers/sisters-in-arms (or very recently were so), or their brothers/sisters in faith.

It is, believe it or not, usually possible to refer to those people with whom you disagree with respect, even if you disagree with them. I am not sure why this appears to be so difficult for so many members of the mercenary caste, although perhaps I really am as naïve as my popular reputation would suggest.

Those who have left are highly unlikely to be fascists or weaklings, I doubt that in either case they would have been Knights in the first place. At least some of them will have been compelled by the institutions of their faith to leave, rather than wanting to make that choice themselves. Perhaps we can be a little more pleasant, or at least attempt to be so.

Ignatius

I absolutely agree.

Though I suppose when considering how violent the lives many of us live are, it is not surprising that words are used as weapons too.

Especially for such emotive conversations.

Though I would point out nearly every faith seem to have decided upon this either not being an issue, or being open to each person of faith to decide for themselves, in awareness of the consequences. It is a shame some of those given such a choice have chosen to leave, as I would have hoped they made the choice when they first joined.

Nonetheless it is a good thing that all now understand, and have given thought and value to both their Oath and their faiths.

I am not sure what the final decision of your own high priest is though. I would certainly be sad to see you leave. I hope not still...

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
Rob
post Mar 12 2020, 06:05 PM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 115

Let’s be honest

It isn’t an exodus

It is a dribble.

Vincenzo

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Mar 12 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #11

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(Netheril @ Mar 12 2020, 05:38 PM) *
I absolutely agree.

Though I suppose when considering how violent the lives many of us live are, it is not surprising that words are used as weapons too.

Especially for such emotive conversations.

Though I would point out nearly every faith seem to have decided upon this either not being an issue, or being open to each person of faith to decide for themselves, in awareness of the consequences. It is a shame some of those given such a choice have chosen to leave, as I would have hoped they made the choice when they first joined.

Nonetheless it is a good thing that all now understand, and have given thought and value to both their Oath and their faiths.

I am not sure what the final decision of your own high priest is though. I would certainly be sad to see you leave. I hope not still...

Sirac Drakeson

I do find it worrying how many have chosen to leave, and for every one that has made a public display of it I'm sure there are three times the number quietly putting up a notice to say they are leaving!

I would like to know what faiths (that can cast Total Heal) people would consider align closest to the Knight's (St Michael seemed obvious), I plan to learn some priestly skills, but would rather a shared faith that an independent one?

Alex Smith

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Mar 12 2020, 06:29 PM
Post #12

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(Padallen @ Mar 12 2020, 06:16 PM) *
I do find it worrying how many have chosen to leave, and for every one that has made a public display of it I'm sure there are three times the number quietly putting up a notice to say they are leaving!

I would like to know what faiths (that can cast Total Heal) people would consider align closest to the Knight's (St Michael seemed obvious), I plan to learn some priestly skills, but would rather a shared faith that an independent one?

Alex Smith

Any priests that fancy a relaxed life with a bit of work in the forge then feel free to pop in once you have left your unbending narrow minded church who cannot accept people for their good points and not what they are.

Jander

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 12 2020, 06:51 PM
Post #13

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Padallen @ Mar 12 2020, 06:16 PM) *

Alex Smith

The Virtues.

Kei-Ry

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 12 2020, 07:59 PM
Post #14

Post Police

Member No.: 38

I could mention the faith of my Lord Anthony.

Try to be nice and always try to be kind.

It's a simple faith and we align with the Church of Unity.

Able

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
post Mar 12 2020, 09:17 PM
Post #15

Group:
Member No.: 0

Sorry, maybe I should of been clearer, I'm interested in Faiths with enough followers to maintain a Professional Guild presence?

There are so many small faiths, but I don't see much difference between them and an individual faith!

My thanks for your thoughts though.

Alex

+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 12 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 62

Faith is a calling or a blessing.

You should know which is yours. I follow saint Micheal from serving Lord Robert for years.

They are not professional organisations to cleam power from

Malcolm

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 12 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #17

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Padallen @ Mar 12 2020, 09:17 PM) *
Sorry, maybe I should of been clearer, I'm interested in Faiths with enough followers to maintain a Professional Guild presence?

There are so many small faiths, but I don't see much difference between them and an individual faith!

My thanks for your thoughts though.

Alex

Faith is what you believe, not which guild you join, nor which miracles you call.

What you believe makes up who you are, which guild you join is simply power.

One cannot base faith upon power, for doing so, is contrived and meaningless. It is not truly faith.

To pick a faith based on their following, makes you but a sheep in a flock.

What do you believe in? What do you wish to achieve?

Please do not respond with the words 'Total Heal'. Think about your answer. Think not of power, but what you wish to achieve.

Remstar
Virtue of Unity
Enoch Khan
Immortal of Legend

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:34 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins