IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
How on earth do you write a CC ? - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How on earth do you write a CC ?
Benjirama
post Apr 3 2019, 04:54 PM
Post #1

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,065

So it turns out the CC (Character Contracts?) are the new hot stuff.

From what I understand it's a way of adding a bit of roleplay flavour to your character as well as adding in character reasons for justifying various non-standards.

But how does one write them?

What can you gain out of it? I have heard the terms faith and renown thrown around?

Much love

Ben
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBB
post Apr 3 2019, 05:26 PM
Post #2

Deity

Member No.: 25

They are pretty simple to write.

Basically they are to facilitate "downtime" things so pretty much will never have an impact on your stats on dungeon*

The simple ones grant Titles or allow you to lobby for Positions of power

Slightly more complicated ones allow you to "own" / "create" things that don't exist on dungeon per se

E.g. A Tavern, A Shop a mysterious volcano lair with NPC Redshirt Underlings.

CC's can be used to affect "World Stats" (If you have access to a recent Alamanac you will notice that it contains lots of stat stuff for locations)

Then there are more esoteric things.

If you have a concept Lee will do his best to make it work.

Keep it simple to start off with and you can always move on.

I recommend looking at the ISP booklet and looking at what the CP benefits are there, that will undoubtedly give you an idea of the sort of level of thing you can easily work towards.

I'm happy to share some of the ones I've had so you can have an idea of what sort of thing is possible if you ping me an email (apparently, so I've been told, I'm one of the two people who's written the most CC's...).

BBB

*Caveat: I say never but we all know that Cavies always find ways to bend rules...

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Benjirama
post Apr 3 2019, 06:56 PM
Post #3

Peon

Member No.: 7,065

Thanks Ian,

Thats actually really helpful.

I will check it out.

Ben

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:15 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins