IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
change booking from max points to max table? - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> change booking from max points to max table?
post Nov 23 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

I've got a 2500 point character that I want to play more but looking at the booking list I am massively restricted to the dungeons I can book onto - I think the first is 17th Jan.

Thinking about points why can we not look at changing the system to be a max table threshold instead of a max points?

At 2500 points I am able to buy off of table 9, but then that the same table that a 1500 points character can buy from as well (working from memory on the table/points but you get the point)..yes I know I have 1000 points more available to spend but from a powerbase perspective I am only buying from the same list available to the 1500, 1600, 1700 etc point character. I might just have a couple more of those or possibly 1 or 2 levels of a MR or MC nothing mind blowing.

Now look at it the other way round...I'm 2500 so looking at having to go on Max 3 or 5k's (if there is one at all). A max 3k is going to be scary but OK and a max 5k is probably suicide all for 90ish points and have to do the same thing again next time.

If the bookings were changed to a max table threshold I would have another 3 dungeons available to me meaning I'd play more and pay more to the club (hopefully there are others in the same boat).

Changing to a max table threshold, I belive, also gives a better clarity to people about what to expect and takes away the "i'm 760 points so cant book onto that max 750" as it would still be the same table threshold.

What do people think? Terrible idea??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonof
post Nov 23 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #2

GSM

Group: Members
Member No.: 54

It wouldn't change anything. All that would happen is Max3k's would become Table 9 dungeons, and so on working backwards, so:

Max 3k = table 9
Max 1500 = Table 8
Max 250 = Table 2

So a max 1500 wouldn't becoem a table 9, it would probably become a table 8.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
post Nov 23 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Group:

QUOTE(noj @ Nov 23 2009, 10:58 AM) *
I've got a 2500 point character that I want to play more but looking at the booking list I am massively restricted to the dungeons I can book onto - I think the first is 17th Jan.

Thinking about points why can we not look at changing the system to be a max table threshold instead of a max points?

At 2500 points I am able to buy off of table 9, but then that the same table that a 1500 points character can buy from as well (working from memory on the table/points but you get the point)..yes I know I have 1000 points more available to spend but from a powerbase perspective I am only buying from the same list available to the 1500, 1600, 1700 etc point character. I might just have a couple more of those or possibly 1 or 2 levels of a MR or MC nothing mind blowing.

I'm confused as to what change you want to make... A max 3k dungeon is only playable by characters who are under 3k - therefore it is in effect a max T:9 dungeon, because the highest table you could have bought from is T:9 (1500 pts). Which seems to be exactly what you are asking for, just with a different name.

Theoretically, yes, there could be a character who has *exactly* 3,000 points on dungeon, and has been saving up his points to buy abilities on T:10, but that is pretty rare.

Now look at it the other way round...I'm 2500 so looking at having to go on Max 3 or 5k's (if there is one at all). A max 3k is going to be scary but OK and a max 5k is probably suicide all for 90ish points and have to do the same thing again next time.

Given standard dungeon thresholds go max 1500, max 3k, I'd say a 2,500pt character on a max 3k is going to be near the high end of the party and probably in their comfort zone (subject to class and spend), rather than it being "scary". You will have characters in the same dungeon threshold who are only 1500/1600 points after all - or possibly lower if there are no open 1500s happening.

One advantage of the current system is that you can have max "X" dungeons that are not set at a table - e.g. max 4k, which accepts that there is a fairly large gap in power between the "just hit T:10" and "nearly T:11" characters.

Lucy

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Nov 23 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 41

A 2500pts character on a max 3k is near the max, and a winner! On a 5250, is definitely at the low end but can be viable. A 4k adventure should be fine! Alllllllll is well smile.gif

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
post Nov 23 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #5

Group:

The change could open up more events to people who are between the thresholds on points. By changing to max tables a 2.5k character would be able to book on events that are currently either 2k, 2.5k or 3k. It would give players a wider range of events to choose from and maybe get more people playing them.

Look at the available dungeons:

For a character 2001 - 3000 points (table 9)

December:

No events available

January:

1 event available

For a 1501 - 2000 character (which is still table 9)

December:

No events available

Jan:

2 max 2k and 1 max 3k available

2 more events than someone 500 points higher who is buying from the same table.

+Quote Post
post Nov 23 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #6

Group:

You can start your own bookings up -

Just email the booking line with the date of the event and the level,

eg "Sunday 20th December open max 3000"

Jo will check for space and that it doesn't clash with anything else going on and then open it up - it appears on the event diary and people book on -

Its Jo's job to then find a suitable ref etc

Easy peasey...

MCC

+Quote Post
Abel
post Nov 23 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

book it and they will come....

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:39 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins