IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Why? - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why?, Me ranting.
post Nov 13 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

O.K.! I'm just wondering why YPs don't get some things:

1. Why don't YPs get monster points.? I seriously don't see why, it would make our labyrinthe experiance much better.

2. Why don't YPs get credits? I see only one probelms with this which id that we pay £12 for one section and the lowest it can be put down to is £10. So I was thinking, what if we did something called YP credits. They are worth £2 (5/2=2.5, 2.5 rounded down = 2) and we get one oer section we have monstered.

3. Why do we get such low points? I know it's because we have to pay less but I wouldn't mind paying £17.50 per section if i get 45 points per section. It would make young players much better and earn the caves more money. There's only one problem i can see with it is that a lot of us might not have enough money so dungeons might be getting cancelled. Maybe if we had the choice of what we want to lay and that chnages the amount of points we get e.g. 1 section for £12 = 25 pts max, 2 sections for £24 = 60 pts max, 1 section for £17.50 = 45 pts max, 2 sections for £35 = 95 pts max.

4. Why can't we double monster? Well I see the problem with this. Parents would just use this as a daycare centre for free but what if it was the same kind of thing as reffing, say you have to have at least 500 points worth of characters to double monster in YPs and you can only do it once or twice a month.

Thanks
Stuart
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Nov 13 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #2

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 52

While I can't speak on all the logic I can say the maximum points award for a single adult section is actually 40 and my understanding is the section is longer and there are more encounters and thus a greater challenge involved.

If YP dungeons were full 'adult' sections in length, cost and challenge you would still have a maximum award of 40pts keep in mind how the points award is ment to be made up (on the battleboard) and how often YP dungeons fully succeed you might still find yourself not gainign the points you hoped.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
post Nov 13 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Group:

QUOTE(Gordon @ Nov 13 2009, 04:59 PM) *
While I can't speak on all the logic I can say the maximum points award for a single adult section is actually 40 and my understanding is the section is longer and there are more encounters and thus a greater challenge involved.

If YP dungeons were full 'adult' sections in length, cost and challenge you would still have a maximum award of 40pts keep in mind how the points award is ment to be made up (on the battleboard) and how often YP dungeons fully succeed you might still find yourself not gainign the points you hoped.

Thats another thing, why do we get shorter dungeons? And I thought Adults got a max of 95 points for a full day?

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Nov 13 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 52

They do but the points awards are scaled to the number of sections undertaken as the same power has to last through more sections.

Go and look at a Battleboard to see the scale.
1 section: max = 40
2 section: max = 95
3 section: max = 150
4 section: max = 210

As to the way YP dungeons are run it is down to logistics and the way so many players can be dealt with. The idea, i believe, is to have the adults down before the YP's arrive and the YP's finished and out of the caves before the adults do.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Nov 13 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 472

Stuart,

I think that you need to bear a few different factors in mind.

1) Power Level

The weekly YP adventure includes characters from 1st to 8th level. That is a massive disparity in power. If people progressed faster it would only serve to increase the power gap between old and new characters. The same goes with monster points. If YPs earn them they will get spent on post 8th characters. As an adult player below 1000 pts you can add 25 pts before every dungeon you play from monster points. To do this in YP will increase the power gap. Further, if you're only playing one length you have a lower risk involved in order to add those points on.

2) Numbers of Monsters

There are some YP dungeons where there are alot of monsters. Numbers of monsters often equal the number of players. For this reason it can become unmanageable to have even more monsters. Credits and monster points for YPs as an "incentive" to monster and ref. They were bourne out of a need to give people a reason to monster (please correct me if I'm wrong, plus I'd like to add that I'm well aware people wouldmonster without them to keep the hobby going). If you don't need more monsters giving such an incentive could do more harm than good.

3) Points Earned

Gordon has already mentioned that by playing shorter sections there is a lower risk as you have comparatively more healing,power etc per section. This is one reason for adult players the potential reward for playing 2 sections is more than double playing one section.

The above is only my best guess. If you want to make some proposals I'd suggest e-mailing the CMT.

Matt

+Quote Post
PhilB
post Nov 13 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Heldsman

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(darkwolf1060 @ Nov 13 2009, 04:48 PM) *
O.K.! I'm just wondering why YPs don't get some things:

I will try and answer your questions as best I can...

1. Why don't YPs get monster points.? I seriously don't see why, it would make our labyrinthe experiance much better.

As Matt has said, there is already huge disparity in yp character levels... monster points would only exagerate this further. It is not something that would be impossible to consider, but there would need to be a much much bigger YP player base for it to work... If there were sufficient YP's to regularly run more than 1 event per week, then the adventures could have maximum thresholds the same as adult events, and this would be a first stage in implementing YP monster points... additionally, an increased YP populatiuon would allow the potential to look at the financial model of YP's

2. Why don't YPs get credits? I see only one probelms with this which id that we pay £12 for one section and the lowest it can be put down to is £10. So I was thinking, what if we did something called YP credits. They are worth £2 (5/2=2.5, 2.5 rounded down = 2) and we get one oer section we have monstered.

The finacial model for YP events and adult events is significantly different. In order to pay YP's credits the price per section would have to jump significantly to pay for them. Bear in mind that YP's have two refs to pay, not one... as above, a significant increase in YP players would possibly change the dynamics...

3. Why do we get such low points? I know it's because we have to pay less but I wouldn't mind paying £17.50 per section if i get 45 points per section. It would make young players much better and earn the caves more money. There's only one problem i can see with it is that a lot of us might not have enough money so dungeons might be getting cancelled. Maybe if we had the choice of what we want to lay and that chnages the amount of points we get e.g. 1 section for £12 = 25 pts max, 2 sections for £24 = 60 pts max, 1 section for £17.50 = 45 pts max, 2 sections for £35 = 95 pts max.

It is as Gordan has said (almost certainly in a more concise manner than I would achieve smile.gif). Points earned off a dungeon are not to do with the price... rather the risk and difficulty involved for the character. YP events are shorter than adult ones. If the section lengths were to be increased, it would likely lower the number of YP's able to play at Labyrinthe... often there are barely enough players for YP events to run as it is - I am sure you will agree that doing anything that further decreases player numbers is a bad thing....

4. Why can't we double monster? Well I see the problem with this. Parents would just use this as a daycare centre for free but what if it was the same kind of thing as reffing, say you have to have at least 500 points worth of characters to double monster in YPs and you can only do it once or twice a month.
Thanks
Stuart

because Labyrinthe is not a free creche service... experience teaches us that allowing double section monstering for YP's results in a lot of monsters and not so many players....

Hope that helped

Phil.

+Quote Post
post Nov 13 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #7

Group:

O.K. Thanks everybody!

+Quote Post
post Nov 18 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #8

Group:

Phil, i know it is unlikely to happen but here is my theory for how monster points could work:

almost every young player character bar 2-3 is below 500 points, most below 250, if monster points were introduced then the increased points input would encourage players to stick to one character. thuse pushing many characters up to the 500 point mark very quickly. this allows for the introduction of two thresholds low-250 and 250-500, maybe even a 750. once these thresholds are introduced then the balance of characters is maintained due to the points restriction. once enough characters reach a certain points cost new thresholds could be added, true for a while some characters would be unplayable but im sure young players would happily sacrifice that for access to monster points.

+Quote Post
post Nov 18 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #9

Group:

QUOTE(Onyx @ Nov 18 2009, 06:21 PM) *
Phil, i know it is unlikely to happen but here is my theory for how monster points could work:

almost every young player character bar 2-3 is below 500 points, most below 250, if monster points were introduced then the increased points input would encourage players to stick to one character. thuse pushing many characters up to the 500 point mark very quickly. this allows for the introduction of two thresholds low-250 and 250-500, maybe even a 750. once these thresholds are introduced then the balance of characters is maintained due to the points restriction. once enough characters reach a certain points cost new thresholds could be added, true for a while some characters would be unplayable but im sure young players would happily sacrifice that for access to monster points.

We don't actually have enough regulars foor that I don't think, but what if we get monster points but we just can't put points on our characters with them but we could get items and grulls with them? I don't see a problem with that personally.

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Nov 18 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #10

Hero

Member No.: 41

The reason monster points were introduced in the first place, was as an incentive to monster. Because adult adventures often had a problem with not getting enough monsters. This is not a YP problem, and if it was, it wouldn't be fixed by monster points!

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
post Nov 18 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #11

Group:

how about monster points as an optional thing that refs can give if a monster has been particularly great, that would not reduce our playerbase and would be a nice thing for young players. plus an incentive to monster nicely as opposed to being really really irritating. stuart will know who i am talking about.

+Quote Post
post Nov 19 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #12

Group:

QUOTE(Onyx @ Nov 18 2009, 09:31 PM) *
how about monster points as an optional thing that refs can give if a monster has been particularly great, that would not reduce our playerbase and would be a nice thing for young players. plus an incentive to monster nicely as opposed to being really really irritating. stuart will know who i am talking about.

Ohhhh yes, {censored} was worse then having to go to A&E last week.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:43 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins