IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Credit Uses - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Credit Uses
post Aug 27 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

If the system is going to change to 1 credit = 5
would it be a good idea to allow credits to be used for other things beyond normal adventures/publications?

Extended length adventures could have a better /greater quantity of credits?
Removing the minimum cash requirment on adventures?

Given the gift voucher nature of the credits
making them transferable?
spendable on all products [primal forge would have to redeem/ claim the money from Labby] ?

MCC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Aug 27 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 574

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Aug 27 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Removing the minimum cash requirment on adventures?
Given the gift voucher nature of the credits
making them transferable?
spendable on all products [primal forge would have to redeem/ claim the money from Labby] ?

MCC

I think that it is pretty important to have a minimum cash payment to keep cash flowing through the system and think it is probably damaging to see that go but must say i have always thought credits should be transferrable. just on the basis sometimes its good if someone I play with can't afford to get down i.e just before pay day, I can bung them some credits and we can both enjoy a day doing something. If you think about it if you mix that with minimum payments of £10 it is cash the caves would never have got if i couldn't give my friend some credits...

+Quote Post
Jan
post Aug 27 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #3

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(Ryan @ Aug 27 2009, 02:04 PM) *
I think that it is pretty important to have a minimum cash payment to keep cash flowing through the system and think it is probably damaging to see that go but must say i have always thought credits should be transferrable. just on the basis sometimes its good if someone I play with can't afford to get down i.e just before pay day, I can bung them some credits and we can both enjoy a day doing something. If you think about it if you mix that with minimum payments of £10 it is cash the caves would never have got if i couldn't give my friend some credits...

If credits become transferable you add a series of taxation issues. Why not just take cash in payment and pay people that way?

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Aug 31 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 98

tbh i have never seen why i cant use my credits to pay for some one else to play, they are my credits after all, i erned them surely i can use them on who or what i want (as long as laby accept credits in payment for what i want smile.gif )

T.
my 2grulls

+Quote Post
Andrea
post Sep 1 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 259

Credits are transferable between "Established Couples" (I am not clear on how long you need to have been together for this to apply (no one I can think of off the top of my head have been together under 5 years). Most of the long term couples including Gordon and I use this scheme.

I think one of the reasons may be that this is not a rule for everyone is that it become hard to police... as in week 1 Tony allows Sully to use 3 credits because Sully is low on credits. Week 2 Sully says the same deal applies, so a.n.other at the desk takes Tony's credits, only to find on week 3 that Tony didn't give permission to Sully for week 2. Which becomes a "Sully shouldn't have said, the desk shouldn't have done, and who is going to pay the £15 owed to Labyrinthe?" situation.

Maybe thats a little extreem, most people would be honest - and I am not saying Tony or Sully wouldn't be, they are just and example - but it has the potential for serious issues. You could have a list of people who you authorise to use your credits, however, if all of those people decide to use you credits on Saturday, you come and play on Sunday and find all of your credits have disappeared again problems will arise.

It's worth some thought. If anyone can think of a good way to make sure it's not abused between players, then maybe it's something the CMT can look at? Bear in mind though somewhere along the lines someone has to deal with the Admin, and Jo is part-time (just trying to be sensible and in no way am I speaking for her), so it needs to be pretty self running.

Just a few random thoughts.

A

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes.
~ William Gibson ~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox's Box
Fantasy Couture

Tailors and Clothiers to the Mercenary Community at large since IM1008.

All inquiries by elemental to Fox's Nymphs.

Bespoke hand-made costume, made to your specifications. As seen in the caves and on the catwalks of Kent. Order books are now reopened and current lead time is 8 weeks! Click the above link to email me your inquiries, check out current stock on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FoxsBoxCostume?ref=shop_sugg Or check for updates and photo's by searching "Fox's Box" on Facebook Thank you.

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Sep 1 2009, 10:54 AM
Post #6

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

QUOTE(Andrea @ Sep 1 2009, 11:48 AM) *
Credits are transferable between "Established Couples" (I am not clear on how long you need to have been together for this to apply)

Yeah Carlo keeps asking me out, I know he's just after my credits though...

On transferring credits - if it were to happen between non-couples then I would assume that the owner of the couples would need to be present or ring up to use them?

Chris

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Sep 1 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 37

Worryingly few months back i got paper credits for dungeon writing issued to "Rich and Dan" sad.gif

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Sep 1 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #8

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

Credits are transferable between "Established Couples" (I am not clear on how long you need to have been together for this to apply (no one I can think of off the top of my head have been together under 5 years). Most of the long term couples including Gordon and I use this scheme.

The problem is it totally depends upon who's on the desk as to whether or not you qualify as an "Established Couple". Some people have let me lend credits to Tony and some haven't *shrug*

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Sep 1 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 198

You can have credits transfered into other peoples names at point of issue.

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Sep 1 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #10

Hero

Member No.: 41

QUOTE(ChrisAndrews @ Sep 1 2009, 11:54 AM) *
On transferring credits - if it were to happen between non-couples then I would assume that the owner of the couples would need to be present or ring up to use them?
Chris

Do couples HAVE owners? Gosh, the youth of today and their new-fangled ways.

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Sep 1 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #11

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

Couples, credits. They're all the same really...

smile.gif

Chris

+Quote Post
post Sep 1 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #12

Group:

If you believe Mr Wiffen, 15 years of (non) married bliss is still not long enough to let me get my hands on his credit stash....

sad.gif

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 1 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #13

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(LucyH @ Sep 1 2009, 01:18 PM) *
If you believe Mr Wiffen, 15 years of (non) married bliss is still not long enough to let me get my hands on his credit stash....

sad.gif

The Wisdom of the Wiffen knows no bounds wink.gif

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Nige
post Sep 1 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

Member No.: 162

QUOTE(BBB @ Sep 1 2009, 03:11 PM) *
The Wisdom of the Wiffen knows no bounds wink.gif

BBB

Grasshopper, you too have found The Way of the Wiffen

Nige

+Quote Post
post Sep 2 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #15

Group:

Young Players started getting credits in August didnt they?

+Quote Post
post Sep 2 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #16

Group:

Unintentionally Im afraid Stuart...

I checked and they came about as a website bug... :'(

+Quote Post
post Sep 2 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #17

Group:

QUOTE(Salamander @ Sep 2 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Unintentionally Im afraid Stuart...

I checked and they came about as a website bug... :'(

Do we still carry on getting them? I mean adults get monster points and credits for monstering (I think), it's only fair that one get 1 credit for 1 section of monstering.

+Quote Post
post Sep 3 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #18

Group:

QUOTE(darkwolf1060 @ Sep 2 2009, 08:03 PM) *
Do we still carry on getting them? I mean adults get monster points and credits for monstering (I think), it's only fair that one get 1 credit for 1 section of monstering.

Something to look forward to when you're a grown up, Stuart tongue.gif

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Sep 4 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #19

Hero

Member No.: 98

why not just say that the owner of the credits has to be at the desk at point of use or have prearranged the spending of said credits each time the owners credits are to be used....

then i could lend sully 2 credits when he is short on credits but the next day he wouldnt be able to use my credits as i was not there to say yes and or havent said yes to him using them for that dungeon.... as for "policeing" it that would fall to the owner of the credit stash to keep a close eye on to do.... and for the desk to only allow when owner of credits is there (as above)

i cant see an issue... i could (and probably am) be wrong.

T.

+Quote Post
Jan
post Sep 4 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #20

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

(the) Gordon Brown says No

<grin>

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:04 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins