IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Neil's nerdy Battleboard project - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neil's nerdy Battleboard project, collaboration on something that might be useless
Hulud
post Sep 17 2015, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 891

Hi all,

I've been tinkering with the V5 Battleboard that can be downloaded from the main website for a while now.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the one that Jan made but I always found myself wanting it to do a little bit more or wanted to add tools that might be useful to it. This stems from a background in pen and paper RP and the all important character sheet.

Obviously the Labyrinthian Battleboard is not really a character sheet but it does sort of fulfil the same purpose when considered next to your Character card.

The main differences between my version and the original are as follows -

POINTS SPEND SHEET
expanded points spend sheet to include things like other forms of armour class, live to minus, max AC and a few other things
points spend sheet tracks a planned points spent and a current points spend
more information from the points spend sheet populates the battleboard

BATTLEBOARD SHEET
cleaned up a lot of the cell merge formatting
added a few useful areas for notes i.e. notes up top for things like damage reductions
have coloured in yellow all the sections that are for the player to fill out and are not currently populated from the points spend sheet

ITEM SHEET
just a sheet for working out monster point spend on items...really nothing special

POTION MAKING SHEET
This sheet takes your skill level and calculates difficulty, doeses, batches, costs etc for all potions - I'm very happy with this one so far!

I'm really at the limit of my very limited Excel knowledge, I know a lot more could be done to make it more useful and whilst I only have a few ides of things I would like to do I am sure other people also have some great ideas and perhaps the knowledge to incorporate them in the sheet.

Stuff that springs to mind for the points spend sheet -

Would be good to have a 'drop down' here for class/race that then populates the base life points

Would be good if selectable race/class also populates the level skills and abilities gained straight into the points spend section and maybe even the battleboard.

Would be good to have a list of immunities that when selected - auto populate the battleboard

would be good to have a list of resistance levels that also auto-populate the battleboard

Would be good to be able to scroll down the points spend section without anything to the right of it scrolling in the same way that the top levels dont move when you scroll down

I can't seem to upload it on this site so I've put it into a shared Google folder - Anyone who is interested in either having a copy of it as is or better still...helping improve it just post here with your email address and I'll add you to the folder.

I've got backups so feel free to tinker with the file in the folder just keep a note in the folder listing any changes and perhaps we can update as we go along.

V5.1

Just figured out that I can share a link to the folder - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0F...amp;usp=sharing

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FlorenceWarren
post Sep 17 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,112

This sounds freaking awesome and I want one!

I'm afraid I don't have much excel knowledge but you've piqued my curiosity and I'd love to have a gander,

Email is florencewarren5@gmail.com

Thanks,

Flo

--------------------
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P Lovecraft

Florence
----------
Taris - Anti-Elf Causing priest.
Vex - Ratfolk Scout.
Rye - Elysian Pure Priest.
Fester - Ratfolk "Warrior" Assassin.
Charlie - Ratfolk Healing Priest - RIP.
Bean - Human Blademaster.
Josephine Flashblade - *That* Noble Monk...

+Quote Post
ZoeMercer
post Jul 19 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #3

Heldsman

Member No.: 56

Used this today. Thank you very much for putting the effort in smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Jul 19 2016, 03:20 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 891

Glad you found it useful.

I need to do more on it but haven't found the time. it will come though, it will come!

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 19 2016, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Deity

Member No.: 25

Being an excel nerd I shall have a good luck at this sometime this week smile.gif

Sounds really good, I tend to wind up doing much the same with my electronic battleboards.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
KatSables
post Jul 19 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 26

As most folk know Sam is our website nerd.

He's having a bit of a break currently so when he's back I'll ask him to upload this into the download sections.

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Jul 19 2016, 10:10 PM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 112

I think that this is great little project, I think the limitation that you've come up against now is that really you need some kind of data table to draw through from.

Once you've got that it's an easy update to allow drop downs and auto populate.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:33 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins