IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Realm of Glass - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Realm of Glass, -update submissions
DanM
post Sep 16 2010, 12:36 PM
Post #21

Post Police

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Pants @ Sep 16 2010, 01:30 PM) *
Dans off again!

Nope

Just championing LRP over heroes

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Sep 16 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #22

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(BBB @ Sep 16 2010, 12:19 PM) *
It was however desigend as pure sourcebook (in a Divine Guidance style) and had none of the stat stuff.

I like that idea - have a pure background book, and all the stats collected in one place in the same format. Stats get revised more often than background and it's a pain remembering where the current version of the different bits of rules text is.

It also allows for an annual /bi-annual stat update with things like the new character options from the Almanac, that dioesn't require a re-write of an entire book.

Lucy

+Quote Post
Pants
post Sep 16 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #23

Mercenary

Member No.: 148

Yes Dan we know.

But with all the recent efforts I would have thought you would be a little less defensive. Hote fleshes out the background the cities, the politics and LRP shapes how those are seen in the world and reality.

Even more so we have our own system background and culture not stolen from other games or sources.

LRP does give cities background and flesh like the new Drowe stuff Stuart did. But so does HoTE. There is no difference between Stuart changing the Drowe on a set of dungeons and Alan changing PM through turns. It all adds and compliments each other.

--------------------
- Pants

"Stop quoting laws to us, we carry swords!" Pompey the Great 82BC

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

Corrupting the youth since 1995!

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Sep 16 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #24

Legend

Member No.: 39

QUOTE(miles @ Sep 16 2010, 09:48 AM) *
Murder of Michael I and other notable events should go in.

miles

Murderer tongue.gif

More history and current events, less stats. Please please keep all the interesting background stuff and timelines - it's a constant source of inspiration and information that helps flesh out backgrounds and link together adventures into a cohesive gameworld rather than a collection of pocket planes doing their own thing.

Stuart

+Quote Post
DanM
post Sep 16 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #25

Post Police

QUOTE(Pants @ Sep 16 2010, 01:44 PM) *
I would have thought you would be a little less defensive.

Never back down, never surrender

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 16 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #26

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(LucyH @ Sep 16 2010, 01:43 PM) *
I like that idea - have a pure background book, and all the stats collected in one place in the same format. Stats get revised more often than background and it's a pain remembering where the current version of the different bits of rules text is.

It also allows for an annual /bi-annual stat update with things like the new character options from the Almanac, that dioesn't require a re-write of an entire book.

Lucy

Discussions some time ago came to the conclusion that it would be far better to split the stat stuff into their own books and have all the background stuff elsewhere. This seemed a good thing especially as I quickly realised that there really is a huge wealth of stuff out there and it would be jam packed.

Using the template I developed for recent publications Mark actually put together a book with the stat stuff decanted into that (A proto races book) I'm not sure what happened to it though. It certainly deserves publication at some point.

That said its about time Divine Guidance was updated - which can be done relatively easily. Church of Mortai and Church of Iron and Empire being obvious ones to get some updated entries and no doubt Elbereth could be expanded on into a book of its own now!

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 16 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #27

Deity

QUOTE(DanM @ Sep 16 2010, 02:37 PM) *
Never back down, never surrender

I thought that was "Never give up, never surrender"... Ah the greatness that is Galaxy Quest...

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
DanM
post Sep 16 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #28

Post Police

QUOTE(BBB @ Sep 16 2010, 02:39 PM) *
I thought that was "Never give up, never surrender"... Ah the greatness that is Galaxy Quest...

BBB

I wasn't quoting it, but now you mention it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 16 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #29

Deity

QUOTE(DanM @ Sep 16 2010, 02:41 PM) *
I wasn't quoting it, but now you mention it...

Pure Awesomeness

BBB

PS ~ Time to plug the website for Deci background stuff, its relatively constantly being added to. Hmm, now there is a city that could probably go to a whole sourcebook of its own for background...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christine
post Sep 16 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #30

Legend

Member No.: 110

Can the noble statuses be re-written so that they no longer give out of date HOTE / SOTE benefits but something useful instead?

C

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 16 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #31

Deity

QUOTE(Christine @ Sep 16 2010, 05:22 PM) *
Can the noble statuses be re-written so that they no longer give out of date HOTE / SOTE benefits but something useful instead?

C

What? And run the risk that my Noble's Spend isn't (un)officially the worst spend ever?

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM
post Sep 16 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #32

Post Police

QUOTE(BBB @ Sep 16 2010, 05:35 PM) *
What? And run the risk that my Noble's Spend isn't (un)officially the worst spend ever?

BBB

You needed to be 1/2 Athfanal with a pts app to buy pasha status's... all of them...

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sep 16 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #33

Group:

Indeed I did a few years ago seperate all the source material out and have a 'source book' and 'stats book' -
It got messy because there are some things that ought to go with the source material - eg Noble Status' etc

I have 'Races of the Empire' book - doesn't anyone else? ph34r.gif

I believe the plan was scuppered when I realised I dont have a Dominion of the Circle / Land of the Seven Winds Book in Word.
[If anyone does feel free to email them to me]

MCC

+Quote Post
post Sep 16 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #34

Group:

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Sep 16 2010, 07:21 PM) *
I believe the plan was scuppered when I realised I dont have a Dominion of the Circle / Land of the Seven Winds Book in Word.
[If anyone does feel free to email them to me]

If there genuinely is no source file around for either of these, I can OCR them for you (with the copyright holder's permission) - it'd only take an hour or so each. It'd cost you naught but a favour. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 16 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #35

Deity

QUOTE(Godseed @ Sep 16 2010, 07:52 PM) *
If there genuinely is no source file around for either of these, I can OCR them for you (with the copyright holder's permission) - it'd only take an hour or so each. It'd cost you naught but a favour. ph34r.gif

Which would be somewhat easiser to handle than continuing to retype them.

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sep 16 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #36

Group:

QUOTE(BBB @ Sep 16 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Which would be somewhat easiser to handle than continuing to retype them.

Most definitely so...! Although someone would need to scan through and correct the occasional error.

I assume the copyright holder for DotC is Jan, since it says "© Mannerism" - there's no such explicit statement on LotSW, but I'm guessing the same? I'd prefer to get an explicit permission to do so, before going ahead...

+Quote Post
post Sep 16 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #37

Group:

QUOTE(Christine @ Sep 16 2010, 05:22 PM) *

C

I'm happy to take suggestions - either here or via email -

Ideally i'd like the published cost to remain the same - so something that fits into those costs.

For what its worth I have checked through stuff I have a written races book - Primal Gatherins [probably a BBB title] it has Nightsoil, Angelkin, and Demonkin in it - all deleted now though sanity has returned - and i drink a lot less these days...

MCC

+Quote Post
post Sep 16 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #38

Group:

Yeah - well I have that thing on my new shinney black box - but i'm wary as it was what was done to recover the old supplements and I spent an age uncoupling and changing the spelling mistakes that occured - hall-troll was my favourite - certainly set my brain thinking.

+Quote Post
Jan
post Sep 16 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #39

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(DanM @ Sep 16 2010, 09:35 AM) *
Please no

Where is the quad in that?

I know i personally don't want to adventure in 'generic_fantasy_world_034', and I do want to feel that there is some logic as to why things are the way they are, other than just 'because'.

smile.gif

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 16 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #40

Deity

QUOTE(MarkCox @ Sep 16 2010, 09:21 PM) *
I'm happy to take suggestions - either here or via email -

Ideally i'd like the published cost to remain the same - so something that fits into those costs.
For what its worth I have checked through stuff I have a written races book - Primal Gatherins [probably a BBB title] it has Nightsoil, Angelkin, and Demonkin in it - all deleted now though sanity has returned - and i drink a lot less these days...
MCC

Nope you came up with awful title wink.gif

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:31 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins