IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Tithe ~ Justification of Censure of Valasius - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tithe ~ Justification of Censure of Valasius
BBB
post Nov 13 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

My Lords and Ladies,

The following tithe has been presented to The Halls:

The nobility calls upon the Lord Inquisitor to either immediately provide proof of the connection between Letrael and Valasius so the High Priest can rectify it, or immediately remove the censorship of the faith of Valasius, which is headed by a Noble and Loyal officer of the Empire. Such is a Matter of Substance.”

Count Synovius
Baron of Capstone
Lord of Halgar
Mennihaft of Halgar
Vinter and Weaver of Glass

OOC: The rules for taking part in a tithe are to be found here

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Nov 16 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 111

It amuses me greatly at the folly of people bringing tithes when they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

As it so happens this tithe is entirely moot, as I will shortly be lifting said censorship. It has served it's purpose and Valesius as the puppet of Letreal is no more.

I will write specifically on this censorship in some weeks, when I've had time to fully appraise myself of the new situation. It is likely that existing shrines will still be pulled down, because in actual fact they are shrines to Letreal.

I would ask also what on the earth the point of having a Lord Inquisitor is, if the nobility can simply call a tithe against anything they dislike, whether they have any knowledge about it's goings on or not. I was appointed by the Empress herself to protect this Empire from supernatural threats. I am doing just that. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

Now I would ask that these insane and idiotic tithes are thrown out and I'm allowed to get on and do my job.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Nov 16 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 446

QUOTE(BBB @ Nov 13 2009, 07:19 PM) *
My Lords and Ladies,

The nobility calls upon the Lord Inquisitor to either immediately provide proof of the connection between Letrael and Valasius so the High Priest can rectify it, or immediately remove the censorship of the faith of Valasius, which is headed by a Noble and Loyal officer of the Empire. Such is a Matter of Substance.”

Count Synovius
Baron of Capstone
Lord of Halgar
Mennihaft of Halgar

Was such proof recovered from the box I "disarmed" in the temple we visited on Sunsday? I passed the paperwork to Esseran, Bradley and perhaps Basil. The ancient script seemed to offer insight into dark rites which could be the link we seek

Joshua

+Quote Post
BBB
post Nov 16 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #4

Deity

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Nov 16 2009, 12:45 PM) *
I would ask also what on the earth the point of having a Lord Inquisitor is, if the nobility can simply call a tithe against anything they dislike, whether they have any knowledge about it's goings on or not.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor

With all due respect, the point is, Lord Inquisitor, that the Senate are the Servants of the Nobility who own and rule the Empire.

Obviously the calling of petty tithes by those who do not like the way things are being handled is a waste of valuable time. I imagine that the Halls will dismiss such a tithe.

Count Synovius

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Nov 16 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(BBB @ Nov 16 2009, 02:15 PM) *
With all due respect, the point is, Lord Inquisitor, that the Senate are the Servants of the Nobility who own and rule the Empire.

Perhaps then it would do good for the troublesome minority of the nobility to remember their own duty to Empire and Empress, rather than engage in pretty acts of spite and slander when those who remember their sense of duty and loyalty to the Empress unravel their profoundly dangerous and diabolical plots and schemes, which they hide behind the facade of 'nobility'.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor
Knight of the Empire

+Quote Post
Helsvell
post Nov 16 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Nov 16 2009, 12:45 PM) *
It amuses me greatly at the folly of people bringing tithes when they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Nexus,

I believe several people asked for information regarding the outlawing of the faith and did not get any conclusive evidence. This would appear to be the reason that these new tithes were called. I know your decision upset many people in Scarlene. Did you really expect the people of the empire to accept the outlawing of a major faith without knowing the reason?

Perhaps most of the faith were not involved with this plot and it was a small faction? If so was it reason necessary to outlaw the whole faith? It is still not generally understood what happened and how far the corruption had spread.

Regards,

Alendari

--------------------
Peter Smith

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Nov 18 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #7

I sent a very large amount of information to the Governor of Scarlene, and indeed answered his questions in great detail, he then in agreeing with my course of action ceased funding for the temple there in. I answered all direct questions that were sent to me privately, as I stated I would. I am not about to dish out vast quantities of potentially extremely sensitive information willy nilly to all and sundry. To do so would be folly at best and more likely gross negligence and incompetence. The people who work against the Empire read many of the same channels we do.

Besides which I rather clearly stated the reasons in my initial announcement.

That said as matters have now at least in part concluded I can comment further:

The faith was outlawed because it was the faith itself which was the problem and the threat. It mattered not one jot whether, as many did in Scarlene, people worshipped blindly, or they did so knowingly, they still gifted faith and power to the deity (or rather in this case not the deity they believed). That was the issue.

As the situation stands now, Valesius has been redeemed from the corrupting chains of Letreal and the rites enacted some years ago by Maxinder Hylos and his associates to bring low his dead body, twist and corrupt it and empower him with remnants of the power of Morgoth, when that god was slain. This created the god Valesius that the world knows, a corrupted servant of good brought low and twisted into a puppet god to garner power and siphon it to Letreal (who is, for those don't know Morgoth's Namer). Valesius for those that don't know, was in life a servant of the Valar, a being of light and beauty. He only became the god Valesius that the world knows, because of the actions of Hylos and the power of Letreal, entirely against his will. Those acts and that corrupt enslavement have now been rectified. Valesius has been redeemed to what he was in life.

What he now does, is entirely up to him, of his own free will. I suspect he will need some rest and respite. I suspect also that his former places of worship will no longer appeal, and indeed should be torn down as the shrines to Letreal they truely are.

That I imagine, goes some way to providing a fuller picture. I won't comment overly further because Letreal and those beneath him are still grave threats to this Empire.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Nov 19 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 155

I will add that the people of Scarlene fully accept the censure of the faith of Valasius, as was, after it was explained to them by Gysmo.

Thorn.
Written as Magistrate of Scarlene.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jun 11 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #9

Deity

Those wishing to make their influence felt regarding this tithe have until the 19th of Juon to do so.

Count Synovius
Baron of Capstone
Lord of Halgar
Mennihaft of Halgar

--------------------

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Jun 11 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #10

Viper

Member No.: 36

House Winterhaven will be opposing this tithe, given it has so little merit even the proposer does not want to be associated with it.

I ask my fellow lords and ladies to make it a principle to oppose any such anonymous tithe.

Kenobi

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Jun 11 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 39

I have it on extremely reliable authority that this tithe originated from pressure brought to bear by one Maxindor Hylos, erstwhile Mayor of Scarlene.

Ruatha, Duke Stoneheart

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 16 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #12

Deity

[quote name='BBB' date='Nov 13 2009, 07:19 PM' post='78958']
My Lords and Ladies,

The Result of this Tithe:

The Hall of Scrolls is for this tithe.
The Hall of Glass is against this tithe
The Hall of Swords is against this tithe
The Hall of Keys is against this tithe.

The Tithe is therefore nay.

Count Synovius
Baron of Capstone
Lord of Halgar
Mennihaft of Halgar

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:11 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins