Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ask the GSM!
MarkCox
post Nov 19 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 69

Please use this thread to ask the GSM a question!
This is for general questions rather than specific character stuff.

MCC

--------------------
Skywest and Crooked
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EdBush
post Jan 20 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 63

Is points spend an OOC decision?
Specifically, can Sheahan priests get away with 'Avenging Spirit'ing someone.... ?

{{Points spend can be OOC or IC - its up to the player. A sheahan priest is quite at liberty to buy an avenging spirit, but the first time they die and their killer doesnt have a resistance, they get excommunicated.... Phil.}}

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jan 21 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Dismissal

If a PC undead is dismissed, are there any reasons why this would be anything other than an ordinary death?
I presume, that if they had some way of being restored to life, this would work?

{{no... just an ordinary death. If they had some way to be ressed, it would work fine. Phil.}}

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Craigus17
post Feb 11 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 1,132

In the description for archers it states that weapon mastery 'bow' counts for all types of bows (shortbow, longbow, crossbow etc). Is this also the case if an archer were to buy other abilities based on weapon type - e.g. Trusty Old Bow, Counter Mastery Bow, Weapon Master Bow etc.

[[[Yes, for Archers, as the Xbow Rule is an an OOC mechanic to do with the Caves location - common sense - it doesn't work for things like +1WM XBOW- may not use a Bow]]]

--------------------
Craig H

it's better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

Also Known as:

+Quote Post
Godseed
post Feb 16 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #5

Heldsman

Member No.: 1,351

If I multi-class from one neuronic class to another (e.g. from Mystic to Seer) do the allowances for buying innates stack, or do I just use the higher one?

Secondly - neuronic meditation says that it allows you to regain "1st-8th standard class neuronics". Does that include 1st-8th neuronics of a 2nd class, if it's still a standard class (so e.g. a mystic M/C seer can meditate to regain Clairvoyance innates)?

{{Innate allowances dont stack - you use the highest allowance. Neuronic med allows you to regain standard 1-8th innates - if you gain innates from several standard classes (mystic/seer) then you may med back innates of your second class... Phil.}}

--------------------
Ben
-==-
AKA Bane: just another Human Warrior: 1512pts post 8th
Also Sargon "Where have all the cakes gone?" of Cloud Way; Retterchen, the faerie mystic; and J.B., an unspecified scout subclass.
On an extended break from active caving while rebuilding a house, but still unable to resist delicious yellow paper speculation.
Standard disclaimer applies.

+Quote Post
graham1980
post Apr 12 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 810

Hi there i think i have spotted a typo in elf rogue life in at the sharp end. level 7 life is 34/14 and level 8 is 39/15. i think judging from the life scale progression the life is supposed to be 37/14

{{yes, its a typo. Should be (as you correctly surmise) 37/14. Phil.}}

+Quote Post
Jan
post Apr 30 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #7

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

Does the seers ability of visionary apply to precognition?

[[[Yep - giant thumbs up/down are common - all at refs discretion ofcourse, gets more complex where 1 word answers are recieved - MCC]]]

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
Christine
post Oct 21 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 110

Ishmaic Rainfinders can only use offensive magic versus supernatural creatures or in purest self defence.

Do Athfanel count as supernatural creatures for this purpose? Seems mad that they wouldn't, as waiting for the things that all hate you to hit you first as an unarmed wizard / druid is a bit crazy, but thought I would check.

C

[[[ yep - you can attack athfanel -MCC]]]

+Quote Post
Rob
post Nov 14 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 115

Similar stacking question

Does neuro mastery fire stack with tables half effect fire?

[[yes - MCC]]]

Does the tables warlock ability (T9 I think) that gives 1/2 effect own element stack with the standard tables half effect?

[[[yes - MCC]]]

Enquiring minds need to know

For the record I think the answer to both is yes but I could not tell you why!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jan
post Dec 26 2011, 04:47 PM
Post #10

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

Does DAC from your published base race stack with DAC from your published base class?

[[yes - eg Goblins / Alfar etc MCC]]

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
DanM
post Dec 29 2011, 03:32 PM
Post #11

Post Police

If an ability that has been bought, is subsequently changed, are you entitled to respend the points?

[[that depends on lots of things - but generally yes, however typically this can have a knock on effect to lots of other abilities / entire spends etc. Other things to bare in mind are things like when the ability was bought [[people have deliberately abused timings]] / use of it - whether its a in-game change, ooc change, system change, opinion change etc - eg why the change was made [and who made the change /why] for all these reasons you'll need to contact the gsm about specifics MCC]]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Demaios
post Feb 17 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #12

Peon

Member No.: 913

Does True believer count as having a 6th level innate for the purposes of battlemaster and does it count towards the total healcap?

{{no - but you cant use it for 6th lvl innates if you have that restriction (effectively, becomes capped at your restriction level limit) and yes. Phil.}}

--------------------
Jack/Simon

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Feb 21 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #13

Legend

Member No.: 39

I presume that total heal capping applies to all innates that can be used as total heal, cure crit, wound staunch and healing hand? So if I have an ability to turn innate resses into any miracle on my list of 6th level or below, I still can't sidestep the total heal cap using True Believers & resses as innates of capped miracles?

Stuart

[[indeed you can't avoid the rule via that method, you can ofcourse cast from scrolls, and power. - as an example I have a character with 10innate True Believers however my cap is only 5 - thus I can only use 5 of those innates on Total Heal MCC]]

+Quote Post
DanM
post Feb 27 2012, 08:27 AM
Post #14

Post Police

Are shield self and shield other, seperate and different spells with regards to stacking the MAC?

[[[Corrected. MCC ]]]

{{sorry, but they really dont. TBH, I never would have thought they did... Whilst they may, literally, be different glyphs (and therefore it could be argues that the should stack) common sense says they really are two versions of the same spell - and thus, wont stack with each other - it is similar to , say, a fire elf affirm and a dark elf affirm, which obviously dont stack without a specific points app/ability saying they do. Phil.}}

--------------------

+Quote Post
Strife
post Mar 5 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #15

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,568

Does the Shadow Daimon multirace count as being "innately magical" for the purposes of buying the third wind?

[[yep - MCC]]

--------------------
Will Hudson

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Mar 19 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #16

Hero

Member No.: 87

The Spell Pact With The Dragon/Drake for Sorcery, if they choose the Ivory Drake do they suffer the Restrictions that Ivory Draves have ?.

I was thinking No as it is just a spell that gives them Ivory Drave Innates.

Iain

{{yes, he does - 1st level of an ivory drave's innates give the ivory code restriction... whn you cast the pact, you gain the code. Phil.}}

+Quote Post
Strife
post Jun 15 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #17

Militiaman

Does Consume Primal Vitae heal undead? What about those who are immune to f&b?

I feel like it should do, but I wanted to double check as its kind of a unique ability.

{{yup - is an odd one.. CPV will heal an undead (assuming the undead is the user of the CPV) and the user may be immune to F&B and still benefit - although the target must be affected by F&B and not immune to disease as per the book. Phil.}}

--------------------
Will Hudson

+Quote Post
Strife
post Jun 28 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #18

Militiaman

When casting stackable glyphs can you mix innates and power? For example, in a 3 rune stack, casting the first two runes with power and a third from an innate.

{{broadly - yes. There may be non-standard cases where that might be no - but in general innates/raw power can be mixed for stacking runes. }}

Also, if you have expertise in a stackable glyph that effects a higher level, does this apply to an innate too?

{{again, broadly yes. Same as above with non standards. }}

Sorry if this is already covered, couldn't find anything definitive.

{{no worries smile.gif Phil.}}

--------------------
Will Hudson

+Quote Post
Lilley
post Jul 17 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #19

Mercenary

Member No.: 73

QUOTE(Strife @ Jun 28 2012, 10:17 AM) *
When casting stackable glyphs can you mix innates and power? For example, in a 3 rune stack, casting the first two runes with power and a third from an innate.

{{broadly - yes. There may be non-standard cases where that might be no - but in general innates/raw power can be mixed for stacking runes. }}

Is this the case with elven innates and wizards adding extra runes with mana? e.g. a twilight elf grey wizard using a racial silence 8 lvls then adding mana to make it higher lvl of effect?

Cheers,

Paul

{{if the innates are 'a rune of silence' that the character has multiple innates of - either racially or via class - then they can probably be added to with mana. If they are a single innate (of, say, silence 8lvls as per twilight elf) then no. Phil.}}

+Quote Post
miles
post Jul 31 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #20

Mercenary

Member No.: 142

Farfolk awakener,

If they buy the increased potion allowance from the tables do they only get 6pt as a normal neuronist or do they +1 potion as per there restrictions

Also the same question with increased potion allowance from Adept multiclass

Cheers

Miles

{{increased limits apply as per their specific restrictions.. Phil. }}

--------------------
The game is not always about balance

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 09:47 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins