IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
A few random abilities - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A few random abilities, Posted this a while back feedback please.
CharleyL
post Dec 13 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

This is for my Warrior priest of Elbereth hes slightly more on the Starlight & Glory approach to evil.

Hatred of Evil:
‘You shall die in the name of the lady’. After this verbal has been shouted gains +1 base damage versus all evil for 5 minutes

The Ladies Protection:
‘The wings of the ladies angels shall shelter me’. After this verbal has been shouted gains a 25% damage reduction versus evil for 5 minutes.

I can see evil a mile away:
After carefully observing the way the target moves and acts after 30 seconds gains rec evil (ranged) on that target.

Come here so I can smite you:
Once ‘Hatred of Evil’ has been casted the spirit bolt miracle now becomes half the spirit and tblp cost during the 5 minute duration.

Charley.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Dec 13 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

As i said before, perhaps make it Full life for Come Here so i can smite you: but still half spirit cost.

Also maybe

I can see evil a mile away:
After carefully observing the way the target moves and acts after 30 seconds gains rec evil (ranged) on that target.

Make it (touch), that could lower the cost a bit, then buy a seperate ability making it range?

Luke,

+Quote Post
DanM
post Dec 14 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #3

Post Police

Member No.: 38

You'd have more luck with these in a MC or as miracles IMO

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
CharleyL
post Dec 14 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #4

Mercenary

Yeah i suppose but i would like them more as innates save the limitied warrior priest spirits i have lol.

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Dec 14 2007, 09:07 AM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

If it were me I'd look at building this up into a Multi-class along the lines of

"Devout Crusader"

Lvl 1:
Gains 3 spirits/level which can only be cast upon Force tree/sphere miracles.
Miracles granted by this class are in the Force Sphere.
Gains Recognise Evil Spirit @ will (as Paladin in all ways).
Life scale improves to Battle Priest (from Warrior Priest)

Lvl 2:
"Wrath" A __ SP Miracle added to list: Lasts 5 mins, Grants +1 base damage VS 1 evil target.
Verbal: "You shall die in the name of the Lady"
Post 6th may buy:
"Divine Wrath" for __ pts, on T:__ ~ Wrath can now be cast for +__ Spirits and additionally grants Max Damage Quin.
"Righteous Wrath" for __ pts, on T:__ ~ Wrath can now be cast for +__ Spirits and applies Vs all evil opponants.

Lvl 3:
"The Lady's Protection" A __ SP Miracle added to list: Lasts 5 mins, grants a 25% damage reduction vs evil. Verbal: "The wings of the ladies angels shall shelter me"
Base life increase from Battle Priest to Crusading Priest.

Lvl 4:
The Righteous shall Smite the Evil: The spirit point cost of any offensive Force miracle is reduced by 1, for every time that mircale has been cast within the previous minute, to a minimum of 1 spirit.

Lvl 5:
Evil Shall be Overcome: Level based Force Miracles are now cast as if 9th level.
Base Life increase from Crusading Priest to Spirit Warrior.

Lvl 6:
Spirits granted by this class now form a seperate power pool which is replenished by 1 point at the end of every combat in which this character engaged an evil opponant.
Post 6th: May buy extra spirits as Devout Priest, with those spirits adding to those provided by this class. May buy innates of Handbook Force miracles at 5 points/spirit and of Advanced miracles (including those from this class, or those that specifically mention this ability) for 7 points/spirit.

---

_
Pete

+Quote Post
CharleyL
post Dec 14 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Did you just think that up on the spot blink.gif Mind if i steal it to use a guild line? please and thank you smile.gif

Charley

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Dec 14 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

QUOTE(CharleyL @ Dec 14 2007, 01:42 PM) *
Did you just think that up on the spot blink.gif Mind if i steal it to use a guild line? please and thank you smile.gif
Charley

Yes (but it's kind of based on similar-ish things that I've got/have seen other people have, and "Spiritual Healer" (in an odd way)), of course not (that's kinda the point), you're very welcome!
_
Pete

+Quote Post
Patch
post Dec 17 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

QUOTE(CharleyL @ Dec 14 2007, 01:42 PM) *
Charley

Pete is still at it I see...

One word of warning I would offer regarding this... Pete is certainly right to move this thing into a class, it lends a common theme and or direction to the whole thing and lets Mark see what you are doing with the character...

However, worth bearing in mind that you'll probably want to think about some restrictions...

I'd certainly say that you should be major sphere Force before you are able to buy such a class.

It's also worth mentioning the "MultiClass Trap" I've done this more than once to myself... Multiclasses can be expensive, and the restriction that you must finish a multiclass before you can start the next can leave you needing to dedicate a lot of points to the class before you can move elsewhere...

Just worth getting it costed and then working out how long it will take to buy etc etc...

The Miricals Listed are Probably fairly High Spirit Cost... (I'm not sure about Petes, but I know my Adrenal surge style mirical comes in at 12sp)

The basle life increase will be a little costly...

But the real killer will be the regenerating Spirits (it'll cost because it kicks a lot of rear end... and thats always pricey smile.gif )

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:25 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins