IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Hovel, 13th July. - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Hovel, 13th July., Priestly Guild StartUp!
post Jun 17 2019, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Hello,

I've got the amazing Mr Raven to ref and convinced (although it didn't take much, I think he wants my res chance!) Mark to Aref.

13th July, a Professional guild for any Priestly class, designed for Hermits mainly but smaller churches without organised guilds too. A friendly sharing info group.

Aiming for 3k to not scare anyone off, but definitely an unbalanced affair. Book on and or post here if interested!

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Edd
post Jun 17 2019, 04:41 PM
Post #2

Heldsman

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 80

Keen as Gavalar, but can't make that date. In for future ones though!

--------------------
edd@labyrinthe.co.uk
Known to play: Mahō No Fukurō, Gavalar Earthsunder, Alecto Pentangle, Ishan bin Akir, Basil the Great Rat Detective

+Quote Post
post Jun 17 2019, 06:44 PM
Post #3

Group:

Provisional guild stuff.

At last a home for all those faiths and priests who are not a member of a large church. A place with tea and biscuits, a place to study and a place to learn from each other.

Joining 'restrictions' - if you are a priestly class you may join! Any alignment, any race, any faith.

The guild forms from the deep spiritual connections anyone who calls on priestly power feels! This bonds us all together, but it is a bond we choose so we can twist, manipulate and break it if we truly choose! All guild members gain self defense restrictions vs other guild members.

And if you have an issue with another guild member you may announce it and give them the opportunity to change what they are doing (if they can), to walk away (leave that adventure, and not returned) or to allow you to have it out! (which allows you to break the self defense restriction on this one occasion with that member!)

Obviously all members are aware that the above challenge could result in absolute chaos! And all tea cups should be put away first, or ideally take it outside!

We are a varied bunch, so conflict will arise but hopefully we can sort issues without resulting to conflict!

Members that break the self defense restriction without announcing and giving the victim a chance to Change, Walk or Have it Out, are instantaneously through out the guild and gain a mark that means they cannot attach any kind of priest without suffering a heart attack type effect killing them. This mark fades after a year, and they can then approach the guild head to rejoin again.

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jun 18 2019, 07:42 AM
Post #4

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 446

Sounds like a social guild...

What makes it "Professional" - just saying you could tighten up the ethos and restrictions and background to focus more on the professional side of priests. Happy to help

David

+Quote Post
icdhunter
post Jun 18 2019, 10:02 AM
Post #5

Levy

Member No.: 107

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Jun 18 2019, 08:42 AM) *
Sounds like a social guild...

What makes it "Professional" - just saying you could tighten up the ethos and restrictions and background to focus more on the professional side of priests. Happy to help

David

Sounds more like a WI meeting

+Quote Post
Orlock
post Jun 18 2019, 10:08 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,807

Could make for quite a versatile gathering of priests - wouldnt be able to make this one but would be interested in any other runs.

Out of interest, would those able to use spirits in any capacity be welcome such as a grey knight or definitely needs to be a priest ?

--------------------
James Pink

"“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it”"

Soul Forger : Dagda Sonnlinor 3900 points
Soul Forger : Emdar Deepfinder Paladin 1500 points
Earthsunder : Blackthorn Druid 500 points
The Hovel : Cain, Witch 1195 points
Church of Iron & Empire : Joram Blacksmith 7k
Church of Iron & Empire / 18th Legion : Blackstones Black Unholy Champion 2k
Shaehan : Luke 2400 points
Roarke 5k

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jun 18 2019, 10:56 AM
Post #7

GSM

Member No.: 54

I would also say you need to get the form in before the dungeon.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 6 2019, 12:48 PM
Post #8

Deity

Member No.: 25

So, was a form handed in, so it can be an official Guild Start up?

And if so can you clarify the exact wording of the restrictions?

Also was a final pts level decided on?

Oh, would it be open to Paladins / Grey Knights / APs (given they can align to churches)?

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jul 6 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #9

Hero

Member No.: 87

Also who is the Guild Sire.

Iain

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 9 2019, 12:23 PM
Post #10

Deity

Bump...

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Jul 9 2019, 03:27 PM
Post #11

Hero

Member No.: 98

I have read it that it is a professional group of non "faith" (church etc) priests who teach and learn from each other.... hence professional not social.

Looking at the group I would say yes even balance priest types are welcome to join and learn.

I know that this is Paul's idea but I am not sure who will be guild head player/character?

Level of the dungeon is 2k-3k with an advisor slot taken it is going to be RP heavy allowing for the group to figure out what it wants to be moving forwards... but there is potential for huge danger as well (it is a raven dungeon after all smile.gif )

if anyone is going to book on please make sure you are very well versed in your miracle list and what miracles are in what spheres etc... smile.gif

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jul 9 2019, 03:29 PM
Post #12

GSM

Member No.: 54

Sorry you can't have advisors on a start up guild as there needs to be a clear link to the guild.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 9 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #13

Deity

QUOTE(Padallen @ Jun 17 2019, 07:44 PM) *
Joining 'restrictions' - if you are a priestly class you may join! Any alignment, any race, any faith.

That seems to imply Priests already in a Church can join, rather than just Hermits *Looks at collection of Priests and realises that every single one of his them are Hermits except one Michaelean and one Dead Heroes Priest (who probably can be considered a hermit as well!)*

Are Paladins / GK / APs classified as Priest classes for this restriction.

In short I'm looking for something to play Sat given the Max 1,500 is unlikely to go ahead and I doubt there are any (Anath shaped) guest slots on the Max 15k KotL so trying to work out:

(A) What the final restrictions are before signing up
(B) What the actual level is

Oh and is anyone who is booked on willing to say who they are playing?

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Jul 9 2019, 03:55 PM
Post #14

Hero

aim for 3k as a limit BBB

As far as I can tell... and what I am writing for...

restrictions are:
Priest/spirit using class
not member of a church as per hermit
Guild members gain self defense restrictions vs other guild members. which can be ignored if both parties are willing to "have it out"

hope it helps Ian smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cildan
post Jul 9 2019, 05:39 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 71

Does that specifically include Paladins/Grey Knights/Unholy Champions?

--------------------
"I used to be normal, but I found the cure"

+Quote Post
post Jul 9 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #16

Group:

These are the Joining 'restrictions' I've submitted!
“if you are a priestly class you may join! Any alignment, any race, any faith."
Which would exclude Paladins/Grey Knights/Unholy Champions, as far as I would understand it, not that we wouldn't consider allowing them to join and allow them to come along for now. But as far as I'm aware it's quite an open ended joining restriction already.

Guild Sire wise I'm thinking a council, 9 would be cool, 3 is probably more realistic. Will definitely be up for decision.

Currently I'm planning on playing as my Racoon Witch NN (with Benediction/Dominion 'Witch') I'm under 1500. Up to 3k is fine anything above that would need to be appropriate and relaxed.

It is designed to allow people in a published church in Divine Guidance to join and "outcast" members of churches, but is not designed to draw members away from already existing/well supported churchs. Sorry if that's different to your understanding Tony. Although it is obviously mainly targeted at Hermits! :-)

It's designed to be similar to what The Ministery (I believe it was called) was but not Imperial aligned and much more chilled!

Hope that answers some questions.

+Quote Post
Orlock
post Nov 23 2020, 01:24 AM
Post #17

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,807

I'd still be keen to set this up in honour of Paul when the world calms down a little - is there any interest anywhere else ?

Was a guild submission form sent in the end ?

Thinking of you all - hope you guys are all okay wub.gif

--------------------
James Pink

"“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it”"

Soul Forger : Dagda Sonnlinor 3900 points
Soul Forger : Emdar Deepfinder Paladin 1500 points
Earthsunder : Blackthorn Druid 500 points
The Hovel : Cain, Witch 1195 points
Church of Iron & Empire : Joram Blacksmith 7k
Church of Iron & Empire / 18th Legion : Blackstones Black Unholy Champion 2k
Shaehan : Luke 2400 points
Roarke 5k

+Quote Post
Will
post Nov 23 2020, 09:55 AM
Post #18

Legend

Member No.: 158

Yep, Tony and I (and I'm sure others) are on it!

I think we agreed Tony would reff (he can correct me on that!) and that priority for spaces would be for the family, but we're still sorti5 details. Will probably be more clear once we know when we're allowed back down a cave!

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Nov 23 2020, 10:14 AM
Post #19

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,893

Hi all, assuming the dates work for me (or rather the ball and chain) I will definitely be available to crew this if required.

Owen

--------------------
Grisgriel, Standard Bearer of the Saintly Martial Order of Talthar

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

Amadou Pyreborn, Phoenix Elf pyromaniac

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Nov 23 2020, 10:53 AM
Post #20

Hero

I will be more than happy to ref this... details still being ironed out but yeah... it has a ref xx

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:21 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins