IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Nightsoil... - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Nightsoil..., ...huh?
post Jan 7 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Wotcha peeps..

keep hearing this term. Whatare they and how would one go about playing one?

Was thinking a Base RaceChange alongthe lines of Mummy.

Anyand all help gratefully recieved.

B
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Pants
post Jan 7 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 148

I believe that Mark Cox has written up some stuff for them already to be added to one of the new publications in the future.

In essence they are sort of primal undead that are loyal to the Empire etc. They have been brought out through the evil HotE.

I also understand that Mark's stats for them are junk and that not even he would play one.

--------------------
- Pants

"Stop quoting laws to us, we carry swords!" Pompey the Great 82BC

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

Corrupting the youth since 1995!

+Quote Post
post Jan 7 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #3

Group:

QUOTE(Brucifer @ Jan 7 2008, 09:44 AM) *
Wotcha peeps..

keep hearing this term. Whatare they and how would one go about playing one?

Was thinking a Base RaceChange alongthe lines of Mummy.

Anyand all help gratefully recieved.

B

'Undead' who aren't really undead at all from Heroes.
From what I understand (and I admit I haven't studied the subject) they are people who were undead - ghouls mostly, but have changed into something else, so are not evil, can grow old/have children etc like other races and presumably are immune to being dismissed because they aren't actually undead spirits inhabiting a body.

So a race change would probably not be to a full undead, more like a human who can get nourishment from eating dead bodies and is weakened in sunlight.

There was some talk at some point of them being written up as a playable race, but you'll have to ask BBB about what book they might go into.

Lucy

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 7 2008, 10:06 AM
Post #4

Deity

Member No.: 25

A quick History Lesson,

Back in the mists of time (around IM 998 / 999) the Dark Baronies invaded the southern parts of the Empire.

Their aim was to reach the anomaly that was Amora's Doom for reasons still not entirely known. They struck deep into the heart of the Empire, apart from the sniping forces of Thor little stood in their way until the first major engagement at Rorthril Fens (part of Bildteve)

The battle fought there resulted in many casualties, the Empire lost but time had been bought to allow a major force to gather to defend The Doom.

With the Empire in danger the Lich and Necromancer Ashgaroth, aided by the Dark Scholars of the Rosarians and Jon Shannow of Condesecration enacted a great rite. They took those dead who fell in battle and animated them that they might fight once more for the Empire. This army of Undead did just that fighting for the Empire at the Battle of Amora's Doom.

These undead were loyal to the Empire as they had been in life. Thankful at a second chance they fulfilled their duties and returned to their respective homes. Some were accepted most were rejected by the living, driven away by Priests of Light who would not accept them. The vast majority found refuge in Bildteve, traditionally the seat of the Kesselharn Magiocracy and thus a place of acceptance. The Magistrate of Thimon enacted the law of Nighthaven to protect them in Thimon and thus draw them there as well.

At the Final Dawn of IM1005, the Empress rewarded their loyalty and interceded with the Primal Spirit on their behalf, changing the Primal Perception of them and thus renewed in them a spark of life, now more alive then dead but still retaining many traits of the dead at the dawn of IM 1006 they took their first breath again and felt a slow beat of their hearts, perhaps once every minute or so.

Due to the actions of the Governors and council members of Bildteve and Thimon the Nightsoil are found almost exclusively in these cities. Their great Hall and Momument “The Gran Remembrance” built for them by the cabal of Necromancers that rule Thimon and cementing a place of permanence for them in the Empire.

(One of the more famous of Ashgaroth’s animations from that battle was the one armed Ghoul, Milo, a simple spearman who later became part of the gestalt entity that formed Milora, the Primal Deity of the Dead Heroes)

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 7 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #5

Deity

QUOTE(LucyH @ Jan 7 2008, 09:52 AM) *
'Undead' who aren't really undead at all from Heroes.
From what I understand (and I admit I haven't studied the subject) they are people who were undead - ghouls mostly, but have changed into something else, so are not evil, can grow old/have children etc like other races and presumably are immune to being dismissed because they aren't actually undead spirits inhabiting a body.

So a race change would probably not be to a full undead, more like a human who can get nourishment from eating dead bodies and is weakened in sunlight.

There was some talk at some point of them being written up as a playable race, but you'll have to ask BBB about what book they might go into.

Lucy

There is a virtually completed publication that contains all the races, its been ages since I've looked at it so can't remember the details or even the name of the publication!

Not actually sure why its not been finished. I think the last few stats for Nightsoil and Goodly Ancient Folk were the last things to be done (goodly Ancient Folk of Count Khan's Court are of course now published). I think Nightsoil were given half cost buying immunity to miracles that don't affect the Undead or something similar and vaguely undead make up restriction.

Given they were formed from dead common soldiers they could only be in the warrior or scout brackets and not power users.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
post Jan 7 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #6

Group:

Well ive been thinking about an idea for an Order of Glass AP, with some form of Mummy as the race. Thinking about BRC to something like Enslaved Nightsoil or Empowered Nightsoil that would allow MR on table 1, or may buy 1 level per table etc. and MC Assassin asap.

So far...

As Human in all ways except:
Only receives ½ effect from Goodly beneficial Miracles

Gains 1st grade of strength at 8th level (replaces Tables)

May Multirace as Mummy (evolutions) or a non-standard Mummy variant, on Table 1.
Would that work? More on the Class later...

B

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 7 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #7

Deity

QUOTE(Brucifer @ Jan 7 2008, 12:40 PM) *
Well ive been thinking about an idea for an Order of Glass AP, with some form of Mummy as the race. Thinking about BRC to something like Enslaved Nightsoil or Empowered Nightsoil that would allow MR on table 1, or may buy 1 level per table etc. and MC Assassin asap.

So far...

As Human in all ways except:
Only receives ½ effect from Goodly beneficial Miracles

Gains 1st grade of strength at 8th level (replaces Tables)

May Multirace as Mummy (evolutions) or a non-standard Mummy variant, on Table 1.
Would that work? More on the Class later...

B

Nice, simple and straight forward - seems good.

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jan 7 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #8

Group:

QUOTE(Brucifer @ Jan 7 2008, 12:40 PM) *
Well ive been thinking about an idea for an Order of Glass AP,

Does the Order of Glass still exist?

The last adventure I remember being run was about four or five years ago... of course, it could still be out there and I'm just not allowed to know it exists any more.... :-)

I can't even remember if there was a 'evil not welcome' restriction - I do remember it was a guild full of goodly/LN priests of the "Quad, Total Heal and Comm 2" school...

Lucy

+Quote Post
post Jan 7 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #9

Group:

I had a feeling thatwas thecase, butiwanted to do the whole 'Dark Avenger of the Empress' thing (Ed Bush already warned me not to call it hand of the empress), and The Glass Order seemed most appropriate.

Any other ideas welcome - will post about the class thing when i get home as this space bar is driving me 'kin mental.

B

+Quote Post
post Jan 7 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #10

Group:

so here it is...

Hand of Glass

As Unholy Champion in all ways except:
May not use 8th level Miracles
Is not an Outlaw, but may become one due to own actions
Must be a member of ICOB or another Imperial Guild (101st, Order of Glass etc)
Must have pale makeup and bear the Imperial seal on skin, with real name in Spirit Runes as well.
Monk Wealth restrictions (may still use Items).

B

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Jan 7 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

Don't know if it's any help but I've got, for a Church of Glass AP, basically that except that instead of the Wealth restrictions I had "looses spiritual powers whilst Outlawed".
Very low cost...
_
Pete

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Jan 7 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #12

Hero

Member No.: 51

QUOTE(BBB @ Jan 7 2008, 10:06 AM) *
(One of the more famous of Ashgaroth’s animations from that battle was the one armed Ghoul, Milo, a simple spearman who later became part of the gestalt entity that formed Milora, the Primal Deity of the Dead Heroes)

BBB

Simple Spearman from the 77th Talthar Crew thank you very much!

JC

+Quote Post
Pstaker
post Jan 10 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #13

Levy

Member No.: 177

QUOTE(JustinC @ Jan 7 2008, 02:41 PM) *
Simple Spearman from the 77th Talthar Crew thank you very much!

JC

Oh great... he was one of ours. sad.gif

Phil.

--------------------
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Characters
Galdor - City Spirit of Alguz
Florin - Crystalline Dwarven Seer
Sola Vagus - Farfolk High Druid... with a bite.
Baron Wyn Stoneheart - Blade Master
Barak - Blue / Ivory Warlock
plus 30+ years worth of other small yellow cards

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:32 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins