IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Council of Light - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Council of Light, Family Question Time
Edd
post Mar 31 2020, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Heldsman

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 80

Greetings brothers,

I'm interested in our thoughts on the Council of Light I hear many of you discussing. Obviously my church hasn't recieved an invite (I can only assume it's because we all wear black...? Although the clue might be in the name...and the Vampire high priest...) either way, does this throw up any complicatoins? I have heard that the Lady of the Stars and Mortai High Priests are in - which essentially means Reshtar, John and I can't ever help you in their dealings.

Will our memebership of these halls influence their position with you? I hate to point it out, but you are harbouring Necromancers...(shhh, I think Dagda's a ghost now!)

Forgive my jovial nature - this is meant to be a serious discussion.

Beers are on me while we talk this over.

Gavalar,
Necromancer Ancestral Channeller
Chief Steward
Apparently some sort of Dwarf Royalty-ish,
But not as much as Ironcore.

--------------------
edd@labyrinthe.co.uk
Known to play: Mahō No Fukurō, Gavalar Earthsunder, Alecto Pentangle, Ishan bin Akir, Basil the Great Rat Detective
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 31 2020, 12:01 PM
Post #2

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 446

I think you are reading too much into this. Harpell is seeking to unite the faiths of light to make co-ordinated decisions, nothing more.

Just because you and your church aren't invited, doesn't mean the council will focus any resources it gathers against you.

I'm sure it will be a talking shop in which Shaehan will want to show mercy and the Lady's followers will want to kill all necromancers and the rest of us will be somewhere in the middle. Hopefully sense will prevail, some middle ground found and some good come from all the noise

Corrie

+Quote Post
Orlock
post Mar 31 2020, 02:50 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,807

This creates no issues in Eathsunder laddy, kin will always be kin... however, this does raise an issue for me in my church... I have much to think about and ponder.

Lets not forget that the Lady of the Stars faith still harbour one of their own who killed our Chief Steward eh ? Think about that...

Galvanar is right to be concerned about this goodly montage which is proposed to be a fight 'against darkness'.

As a long lived dwarf I like to think long term and beyond the current threats so where will this end up ?

What power are we placing into this organisation ? where will it end ?

Personally, I want nothing to do with it, I have always valued my neuatrality in recognising all faiths.

All welcome in our guildhall provided they recognise the law of the land.

Dagda Earthsunder

--------------------
James Pink

"“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it”"

Soul Forger : Dagda Sonnlinor 3900 points
Soul Forger : Emdar Deepfinder Paladin 1500 points
Earthsunder : Blackthorn Druid 500 points
The Hovel : Cain, Witch 1195 points
Church of Iron & Empire : Joram Blacksmith 7k
Church of Iron & Empire / 18th Legion : Blackstones Black Unholy Champion 2k
Shaehan : Luke 2400 points
Roarke 5k

+Quote Post
BenG
post Mar 31 2020, 03:06 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 6,995

Pffff, don’t waste your breath on worrying about it Gav. Will be the usual rigmarole, lots of goodly bluster, lots of “look how big my holy sword is” and then chaos as the monumental egos get in the way of any real concerted action.

Frankly, it seems they’re more focused on this Pep fellow so let them go fight the good fight and we’ll protect the dwarves as we always have.

We’ll just keep doing what we’re doing, steer clear of the more fascist elements and enjoy the earthsunder halls and it’s comforts!

+Quote Post
post Mar 31 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #5

Group:
Member No.: 0

I've not seen any detailed plans, but what is it they say about your enemy and how far you want them. I would rather someone had their eye on them.

I just wish I could join!

Eggbert

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:34 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins