IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> reverse sidekick, please dont kill me for asking about this.
Hulud
post Apr 1 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 891

prepare yourselves for what may well be the stupidest thing asked on these forums yet!

Despite only looking about 19 I'm actually closer to 37 and played maybe 4 times back when I was about 15. Since that time I popped back for a stag-do about 2 years ago (ish) and then again for the anniversary where I started a warrior called Valentine.

I had an amazing time and am now resolved to playing as often as possible (probably monthly-ish given all my grown up responsibilities), I managed to get back a couple of weeks ago but the only dungeon I had a chance at playing in was another pre 8th which meant I had to start a new character. I was planning on playing an Assassin but as the group had no warriors I stepped up and made a new warrior that was essentially a carbon copy of my first warrior with a different personality.

I've found I actually really enjoy playing warriors, I seem to be okay at it but I really don't want to have like 6 of them. On the 9th I'm going to be back again with some friends who I am re-introducing to the game, not all them could come so some others will come again in a couple of months probably. This means me probably having to start lots of new characters when to be honest...I only have 1 that I particularly want to play (at the moment)

What I would prefer to be able to do is play my 8th level 50pt warrior with my pre 8th friends.

yes yes you heard rightly!

Is there any reason why a character under a certain (arbitrarily decided amount of points) couldn't be dropped to 7th and rendered pointless (no pun intended) for a pre 8th dungeon so he/she could play a character they really enjoyed with their mates?

I found myself wondering how many people end up NOT playing on a given weekend because they don't have anything "low" enough? not just for a pre 8th but perhaps someone with 5k points would like to play but the only dungeons available are max 2500 for example.

The idea actually comes from a couple of the online superhero games so that high level players can "reverse sidekick" themselves down enabling them to play with friends that are lower level.

cheers all...

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:07 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins