IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Who's booked online - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who's booked online, Name naming?
Fenris
post Sep 3 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 386

Appologies if this is comvered somewhere else and I just haven't read it.

But is there a reason why when you book online it just has the boxes marked as 'booked' rather than telling you the names of who its booked by?
I know it comes up with my name, for me to see, when I book and then go back to look at the booking again - but all of the others are just generic.
Surely it would be better if everyone could see who was booked on? It would save a load of spam posts (who's booked onto this event?) and would also help some people make up their minds about booking on or not (oh that blokes a right cnut, I'm not booking onto that).
Is it only closed adventures that come up like that or all of them?
Just a thought...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DanM
post Sep 3 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Fenris @ Sep 3 2008, 05:55 PM) *

But is there a reason why when you book online it just has the boxes marked as 'booked' rather than telling you the names of who its booked by?
I know it comes up with my name, for me to see, when I book and then go back to look at the booking again - but all of the others are just generic.
Surely it would be better if everyone could see who was booked on? It would save a load of spam posts (who's booked onto this event?) and would also help some people make up their minds about booking on or not (oh that blokes a right cnut, I'm not booking onto that).
Just a thought...

I think closed dungeons should definately show the person, but I can see why not
Its all about Privacy really I guess

Referees can see who's booked on

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Sep 3 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Fenris @ Sep 3 2008, 05:55 PM) *

Just a thought...

It's specificallly designed that way - data protection and all that. Recent changes to the site mean that if you are the referee for the event, or the organiser then you will be able to see the names (if the event was created after the latest release of code), but other than that you can only see how many places are taken.

Basically you don't have the right to see what other people are doing in a password protected environment.

Andy

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
Fenris
post Sep 3 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 386

Just seems a bit strange is all.
I mean you can see the ref's name - you can see the organiser's name - chances are that you'll know a lot of the people booking onto it (or at least some of them, maybe). Is it really against the data protection act to disclose who has booked onto an event? Seems a bit Orwellian if you ask me.
Meah - it was just an idea, that occured to me might be nice.

+Quote Post
post Sep 3 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #5

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(abyatt @ Sep 3 2008, 06:11 PM) *
It's specificallly designed that way - data protection and all that. Recent changes to the site mean that if you are the referee for the event, or the organiser then you will be able to see the names (if the event was created after the latest release of code), but other than that you can only see how many places are taken.

Basically you don't have the right to see what other people are doing in a password protected environment.

Andy

Doesnt wash. Referees are (mostly) people and you can see what they are doing.

2/10. Must try harder

Im with the accountability transparency vote, in case that is not obvious

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:17 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins