IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Monster Points - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Monster Points, A Surgestion
post Jan 4 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

I would like to make a suggestion.

You can use referee points to buy monster points but would it be worth considering making it possible to buy referee points with monster points.

1 referee points buys 5 monster points so as an idea allow people to buy a refereee for 20 monster points.

So there is still an added advantage to earning referee points over buying them but it would give another incentive for people to monster.

As I see it the only use of referee points apart from buying monster points is

1) " 1 ref point may be used to increase the level of a character below 8th level by 1" so to start a character at 8th with monster points would cost 160 points so monstering 4 times if you had pre-booked to monster. If you play the character once so its 6th level then it would only cost 40 monster points to raise it to 8th a days pre-booked monstering.

2) "1 ref point to recover 1 level lost for performing ‘off adventure’ tasks the same as half a days monstering if pre-booked which is what you would have earnt if you were playing

Just a thought

Mick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
cripple
post Jan 4 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #2

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 686

the reason Reffs and a Reffs get reff points is because they are suposed to have enough system knowledge so that they wont need to play characters up through the Pre 8th system.

I know this is not what happens all the time due to people no showing or not enough booked monsters etc... but, according to the Referee Handbook, To become an assistant Refferee the player must have atleast 2000 points earned over 3 different classes (preferably different bracket) and at least 500 monster points. This is to just become an assistant Referee, and you need to pair up with an experienced reff to get training on how to become a reff on your own... so it takes alot if investment in the hobby to become a reff and to earn the privilage of earning reff points... so for those that have dont it that way and become a reff like this i don't think its fair to suddenly let monster points be turned into reff points.

Grant.

p.s. sorry for all the typos and spelling mistakes... my laptop screen and keyboard are dying on me.

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:28 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins