IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
IC> An opportunity to gather - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC> An opportunity to gather
Rachael B
post Oct 27 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #21

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

This is one of the reasons the lady requested that I pass this information on as soon as I was able to.

She's also afraid that this gentle creatures skills of bringing peace to those that would otherwise be tainted for all time are being used for ill.

I believe that she will send news should anything else come to light.

your servant
Remus
Guild Archivist

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Oct 28 2008, 09:23 AM
Post #22

Group:
Member No.: 0

edited.

B

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Oct 28 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #23

Mercenary

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have received the following news from lady Latona which she has asked me to pass on to you all.

Your servant
Remus
Guild Archivist

QUOTE(Latona)
My friends,

As most of you know there is little I can do to help with the gathering of mystical information. Indeed, the likelihood is that any information I am able to garner I will be unable to pass on as it may harm another. Therefore I am seeking out information of a more physical nature to try and help out.

I have been looking for information on the location where Sevelious is being held. It seems that he is several days outside of the empire in the far north. I still can not get an exact location this much I do know.

I have been speaking to one with knowledge of the lands to the north. He has told me of recent skirmishes and out right battles between the tribes in that part of the north. He has said that rumours claim that one tribe has even been wiped out. He has also seen a few groups of people come from the empire up this way to. Some apparently were Elbrethians as he has stopped in the same way station as some of them. It seems they travelled to one of the villages out in the wastes and then move on from there. Others, it seems, did not bother stopping but just march on, through the night in some cases, straight into the wastes. He described them as armed, and obviously well trained. Even made mention of them possibly being legionaires, but that they did not wear any colours or uniform. So it is possible they were mercenaries.

There are natural beasts in the wastes that may be dangerous simply due to the time of year. Their food supplies are scarce, and if they are desperate enough they may well attack even a group as large as ours may potentially be.

I asked if it would be best to avoid the tribals he mentioned, or if any would be potential allies, but he was not sure. Nor does he know exactly where this village is but it would be home to one of three tribes. The Frozen Tigers, Toutatis or the Ice Eagles. The tribes used to be, for the most part, open to travellers and while not friendly most would warn people off and let them pass by, except for a couple. However, now he is not so sure.
There is little else I can tell you at the moment.

As I gather more information I will send it to you all.

Go Gentle all
Latona

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Oct 29 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #24

Hero

Member No.: 48

I apologise for my recent silence on this subject. I have been travelling North. I will have all the information at my disposal gathered by the time of our muster, and hopefully before.

The tribes mentioned by Latona are known to the Church, and we have had dealings with them. I will have to check, but from memory I believe the Frozen Tigers are the tribe alongside whom we fought, and who are thus our allies. The Toutatis are those who trapped the prisoners and who are trying to dominate the entirety of that area by killing totems, stealing their power and annexing land.

May you ever walk in starlight,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
post Oct 29 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #25

Group:

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Oct 29 2008, 12:01 AM) *
I apologise for my recent silence on this subject. I have been travelling North. I will have all the information at my disposal gathered by the time of our muster, and hopefully before.

The tribes mentioned by Latona are known to the Church, and we have had dealings with them. I will have to check, but from memory I believe the Frozen Tigers are the tribe alongside whom we fought, and who are thus our allies. The Toutatis are those who trapped the prisoners and who are trying to dominate the entirety of that area by killing totems, stealing their power and annexing land.

Ignatius

Short version:

The Frozen Tigers are good guys and our allies.
The Ice Eagles were more of a mix, and their totem got killed by Toutatis, so a lot of them were possessed or controlled, but they are not inherently bad people.
The Wolves are as the Eagles, but with a higher percentage of sneaky and/or selfish types in amongst them - not all of them were evil, but a lot tended to head down that path.
The Toutatis, whatever they were once, are now flat out evil, often undead and/or mastered.

Bea

+Quote Post
post Oct 29 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #26

Group:

QUOTE(LucyH @ Oct 29 2008, 01:17 PM) *
Short version:

The Frozen Tigers are good guys and our allies.
The Ice Eagles were more of a mix, and their totem got killed by Toutatis, so a lot of them were possessed or controlled, but they are not inherently bad people.
The Wolves are as the Eagles, but with a higher percentage of sneaky and/or selfish types in amongst them - not all of them were evil, but a lot tended to head down that path.
The Toutatis, whatever they were once, are now flat out evil, often undead and/or mastered.

Bea

Handy and to the point. Ta.

Melesh.

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Oct 31 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #27

Legend

Member No.: 446

Right, erm, sounds really rather dangerous.
There is some talk of a gathering soon of the Buggledexters, I assume this is to do something nice like take the children out for a picnic???

Surely we can leave this other business (espicially the bit about dying) to the Church of Elbereth?

El

+Quote Post
DanM
post Oct 31 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #28

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Oct 31 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Right, erm, sounds really rather dangerous.
There is some talk of a gathering soon of the Buggledexters, I assume this is to do something nice like take the children out for a picnic???

Surely we can leave this other business (espicially the bit about dying) to the Church of Elbereth?

El

El,

Even I know picnics with mercenaries are dangerous. As a member of Unity, I'm sure you will find out exactly how dangerous one day on one of our pie eating days out

Anthony

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Nov 5 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #29

Mercenary

Ladies and gentlemen,

This has just arrived.

Yours
Remus
Guild Archivist

QUOTE( a letter from Latona)
My dears,

I have only a little more by way of information for you, but I will tell you what I can.

I have been away for a number of days now, having journeyed in to the frozen north to try and get as much information as I can first hand.

What I can say is that it is cold up here. If you will be travelling with us on the 15th you would do well to dress warmly. Especially if you are not protected from extreme conditions. I have seen a number of undead creatures. Some of which defy the very nature of these things as we would normally understand them. This is in part, it seems, due to the rite that holds Sevelious and a number of others prisoner. It is my hope that we will be able to go some way towards, if not freeing these poor souls, then at least weakening the hold this rite has on them. If nothing more than to help those of the Church of Elbereth that have been battling to free them and release the undead for some time now.

Some of you may already be aware of the situation up here. I am not completely at ease, not having all the facts, but I know there are or were three tribes. The Frozen Tigers, whom I have made contact with. The Ice Eagles and the Toutatis Tribes. One of them has not been heard from in some time. I can only presume this would be the Ice Eagles, as it seems the Toutatis tribe have found a new totem that has granted them the ability to wield dark spirits. It is these that are in league with those that hold Sevelious and the others.

I have not been able to get too close to the undead for fear of them being attracted to my spirit. It seems I am somewhat of a beacon to them. And I have been advised to avoid the tribal warriors, who are apparently extremely strong in their own right, due to their environment, but doubly so now they can draw upon dark powers. Not that I would have done otherwise. So unfortunately I have been of little help there. However, I have met and spoken with the leader of the Frozen Tigers. A large man by the name of Fury of the Blizzard, or just Fury. He has kindly offered the hospitality of his village to any that wish to arrive early. This way we can all start out fresh, and he will be able to speak to those that may have questions he can answer.

I am sorry, I had hoped to be able to tell you a little more than this, but it was not to be. Although I have found out some small amount concerning the rite. It is extremely dangerous. To pass the threshold of the rite once activated would utterly destroy a person forever, unless they are bound within an angelic form. Even then it will inflict wounds so dire they may yet kill, especially as they are not curable by any normal means. It is not possible for one to leave the rite, unless they are replaced by another with a spirit, again, both would suffer as above from what I understand. And lastly, this rite is designed to siphon away the power and abilities of the one trapped with in and use them to its own end somehow. Currently it is using Sevelious’ power to enable it so their undead creations can be healed. Sevelious is not particularly powerful, but he is gifted with a number of unique abilities from our Lady. It is these abilities that are being stolen and corrupted. This will make anyone we meet up there particularly dangerous. I thought it best to warn you of this now, rather than forget later.

I have asked if it would be possible if any of the information the Church of Elbereth has gained on these creature could be shared with us, and hope to hear one way or another soon.

I will wait for you here, and look forward to meeting you all again.

Go Gentle
Latona

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Nov 17 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #30

Mercenary

My dears,

I just wish to thank you all for your help and companionship this Starsday just gone. For those of you that were unable to join us, we were successful in rescuing Sevelius, the servant of my Lady seduced in to helping empower a, particularly sick, ritual.

To those that travelled with us as our friends. You showed that respect and love is not limited to within the family, but reaches far and wide and touches us all, and leaves us better for it. My thanks go out to all of you that stood in defence of those of us unable to protect themselves from our various assailants. Bradley, should you ever wish to travel with us again, know that you will be welcome.

I must confess, I had little hope when we set out that we would actually succeed in freeing him. Especially as I knew the awful nature of the rite that held him. But once more any number of you pulled together and sought directly to the heart of the matter. Just as I thought my heart would break at having to leave him there as I knew we would have to, you brought a brief hope. Though, when I heard of the choice, I thought my heart had deserted me utterly. Yet once more I was left almost speechless and very much humbled but the selfless actions of so many of you. Kenobi, with out thought you risked your very soul to free him. No words nor actions of mine will ever be able to thank you for your deeds at the end. Though for a moment it was as if the world had ceased for me as I felt, for that one slit second, your soul and touch leave me forever. Had I not already known it, I would truly now know that my Lady is compassionate and merciful, for no sooner were you lost to us, you returned. I will bless Her name for as long as I have breath and beyond.

Once again all of you stood strong and true against the darkness that assaulted us. Know that I will always hold you all close to my heart and in my prayers.

However, once again I have come to realise the limitations that I have placed upon you all, and because of this, the danger that I bring to you all. This and the fact that I love each one of you too much to place you in such danger has again brought be back to the decision to relinquish the guild to the joint custodianship of my brother Dillon and Tanis. Between them I know they will continue to watch out for both our family and those of the Empire, as well as honour the memories of Ed and Martha. I will continue to be here for you all should you need me, but I think it is better I do this while I am able to, rather than leaving it too late.

Go Gentle all my dears
Latona

--------------------

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Nov 17 2008, 07:16 AM
Post #31

Legend

QUOTE(Rachael B @ Nov 17 2008, 12:39 AM) *
My dears,

This and the fact that I love each one of you too much to place you in such danger has again brought be back to the decision to relinquish the guild to the joint custodianship of my brother Dillon and Tanis. Between them I know they will continue to watch out for both our family and those of the Empire, as well as honour the memories of Ed and Martha.
Go Gentle all my dears
Latona

Wouldn't be my choice

But then I guess I do not have a say in this decision. Don't worry Latona, me, Thomas and Mareth will continue to keep Tanis on the right path (that is away from fights)

El
Worshipper of the Hairy Healing Bear

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Nov 17 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #32

Legend

QUOTE(Rachael B @ Nov 17 2008, 12:39 AM) *
My dears,

I just wish to thank you all for your help and companionship this Starsday just gone. For those of you that were unable to join us, we were successful in rescuing Sevelius, the servant of my Lady seduced in to helping empower a, particularly sick, ritual.

Go Gentle all my dears
Latona

Oh, onemore thing, has anyone spoken to Sevelius?
He might know valuable information on how to rescue the others and stop the rites?

El

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Nov 17 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #33

Hero

Member No.: 48

Latona,

As before, my heart is heavy upon hearing your decision, but you must do what you feel is right. I will of course give any support I can to Tanis and Dillon, as I'm sure will be true for all members of the family.

I would also like to take this opportunity to communicate my thanks, and the thanks of my Church, to all those who participated on Starsday. It was nice to meet some new friends, and to reacquaint myself with old ones.

Ignatius

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Nov 17 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #34

Mercenary

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Nov 17 2008, 07:17 AM) *
Oh, one more thing, has anyone spoken to Sevelius?
He might know valuable information on how to rescue the others and stop the rites?

El

El,

At the moment Sevelius is with my Lady, and I would not wish to intrude upon them. She is aware that I would like to speak with him, of tha I am sure. But it is She that will decide when he is ready and it is appropriate for me to do so.

Once I have spoken with him I will ask if he will be willing to come to the temple in Halgar to speak with those of you that have questions for him.

Go Gentle
Latona

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Nov 17 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #35

Mercenary

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Nov 17 2008, 10:23 AM) *
Latona,

As before, my heart is heavy upon hearing your decision, but you must do what you feel is right. I will of course give any support I can to Tanis and Dillon, as I'm sure will be true for all members of the family.

I would also like to take this opportunity to communicate my thanks, and the thanks of my Church, to all those who participated on Starsday. It was nice to meet some new friends, and to reacquaint myself with old ones.

Ignatius

Thank you Dear,

My heart is also sad, but this choice has not been taken lightly, nor has it been quick in coming as many of you may be aware.

While I draw breath I will always be but a thought away from you all. This is still my family and always will be. Besides, I have little doubt that I will get away from Dillon and Tanis lightly. However, I would rather take this action now while I am able to and I am still able to temper the thoughts and deeds of my brothers where you are all concerned. I pray that you will continue to allow compassion and mercy to govern your thoughts, words and deeds as you travel about these lands.

The years gather about us all, and I feel them press heavily on occassion. This outing just gone has once more brought home just how mortal some of us are. The thought of leaving you all brings me to tears, and I plan to remain in your midst to nag you all for many seasons to come. But sometimes our frail forms do not always have the same strength of will as our hearts. It is for this reason that I would rather the change happened now, to allow us all to become familiar with it. I know it is not what everyone would wish for, but I know deep with in my heart that these two will always watch out for you and keep the family I have come to love so dearly safe.

Go Gentle
Latona

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:29 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins