IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
To the people in charge of Laws, running cities and stuff - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To the people in charge of Laws, running cities and stuff, Rodanne needs a little bit of TLC
JasonE
post Feb 20 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 564

To the people in charge of stuff

Hope this reaches someone as just left this with some clerk at a government building as I was passing a big town on route back to my place of study
Was out on my first Mercenary mission just a few days ago to help some people in Rodanne and apparently due to the recent reappearance of the city there is apparently no government, watch, militia, magistrate, or other stuff that keeps a city working. Though according to our hire apparently some clerics from the Church of Shaehan were doing excellent work to help those that are suffering in the city but not sure if they are from the city before it reappeared

Regards
Tryrone
Student wizard

--------------------
J - The thing known as Dog
- Tyrone (twiglet Wizard, because they are yummy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cildan
post Feb 20 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 71

There is also some issues with slavery being practiced in this city

Drake Winters

--------------------
"I used to be normal, but I found the cure"

+Quote Post
BBB
post Feb 20 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Cildan @ Feb 20 2017, 05:27 PM) *
There is also some issues with slavery being practiced in this city

Drake Winters

That would be a serious issue that needs swift stamping out.

What is the general state of the city? Is it running well otherwise or are their other issues that need quick remedy?

Sire Halfblack
Vizier of Deci

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
JasonE
post Feb 20 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #4

Militiaman

Sire Halfblack

Of what was seen, which admittedly wasn't much of the city as a whole

The park area seems to be getting better as there are beings that tend to it and as long as you do not damage the flora of the area then things are fine, the city life tree was previously replanted by some other mercenaries due to corruption, is now regrowing,

pit-fighting seems to be popular for the city with apparently a few in the area, the only one we encountered The Flesh-Pit owned by Gorefist As these places of business go seem to be as upstanding as it's trade would permit, by that only willing competitors that are trained and then their abilities tested before competing

The sewage system does not seem to be in use as we traveled this to reach the mines, where lots of citizens were suffering from addiction, a local potion maker Orville Chumley who was our hire, with the intention of making a potion to assist in speeding up their recovery. As this may aid the masses the ingredients that are known are the yellow bud from a Spring Leaf tree (be careful of the tree's guardians, diplomacy will work if you don't bring harm to the tree). Blood from a pit-fighter champion (Mr Toughnut the Mercenary that was in our group was nominated and crowned as such) and the rag (small bit) from a Wise Man Hanot beggar. you may want to contact Mr Chumley (ooc: AlanG was ref) to see if it was successful and for possible mass production for the greater good of the populace but he is a trader in potions so a price may be required

there seems to be in the areas we traveled a higher level of lawlessness due to poverty, as mentioned there appears to be some people that were dealing in slavery but the captives that we came across were set free

There was also a Drowe (said he was from House Despana) that kidnapped a beggar and some Ancient folk in the mines that had created two rituals, one was a nasty priestly looking one and the other was a magical one that would have spread darkness throughout the mines and possibly beyond, these rituals were destroyed, also there were warding and such that were removed except for a ward of Catalepsy and one of Blindness that the brave gardener that was on this mission found out
Ohh and almost forgot there was some undead and shades in the mines but these and their generators were destroyed.

Regards
Tryrone
Student wizard

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meganerd
post Feb 20 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 70

QUOTE(JasonE @ Feb 20 2017, 08:26 PM) *
There was also a Drowe (said he was from House Despana) that kidnapped a beggar and some Ancient folk in the mines that had created two rituals, one was a nasty priestly looking one and the other was a magical one that would have spread darkness throughout the mines and possibly beyond, these rituals were destroyed, also there were warding and such that were removed except for a ward of Catalepsy and one of Blindness that the brave gardener that was on this mission found out

Regards
Tryrone
Student wizard

Master Tyrone,

Having been heavily involved at the dawn with the missions to save Rhodane from destruction I'm intrigued as to this mention of my house. I will ask my seers to look into this Drowe as this is not an action that has been ordered. Any Drowe posing as members of House Despana to bring down our good name will not be tolerated.

Can I inquire as to what became of him?

Sire Halfblack I will communicate about this and ask you also look into this matter.

Regards

Kthah Despana

+Quote Post
Meganerd
post Feb 20 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #6

Hero

QUOTE(Meganerd @ Feb 20 2017, 08:43 PM) *
Master Tyrone,

Having been heavily involved at the dawn with the missions to save Rhodane from destruction I'm intrigued as to this mention of my house. I will ask my seers to look into this Drowe as this is not an action that has been ordered. Any Drowe posing as members of House Despana to bring down our good name will not be tolerated.

Can I inquire as to what became of him?

Sire Halfblack I will communicate about this and ask you also look into this matter.

Regards

Kthah Despana

Tyrone - communications reveal that the Drowe was lying and was an outcast from a weak house wishing to belittle our name.

Regards

Kthah Despana

+Quote Post
JasonE
post Feb 20 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #7

Militiaman

Master Kthah Despana

Firstly my apologies if the prefix is not fitting (and please just Tyrone I'm just a student wizard),

Thank you for your clarification and time in this matter also sorry if my wording implied anything against your house it was not my intention as the deeds of Despana speak for themselves, I was only stating that which was said and tried to convey that in my tone in the words i used, and even though I would not like to say a person was not truthful just because they are a Drowe, our group had suspicions due to a member of our group finding out that he was deceitful about a few other things.
As for the status of this person, he surrendered but we were unable to contain him with us and he did not remain in our custody

Again thank you for your time

Regards
Tyrone
Student wizard

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meganerd
post Feb 21 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #8

Hero

QUOTE(JasonE @ Feb 20 2017, 09:30 PM) *
Master Kthah Despana

Firstly my apologies if the prefix is not fitting (and please just Tyrone I'm just a student wizard),

Thank you for your clarification and time in this matter also sorry if my wording implied anything against your house it was not my intention as the deeds of Despana speak for themselves, I was only stating that which was said and tried to convey that in my tone in the words i used, and even though I would not like to say a person was not truthful just because they are a Drowe, our group had suspicions due to a member of our group finding out that he was deceitful about a few other things.
As for the status of this person, he surrendered but we were unable to contain him with us and he did not remain in our custody

Again thank you for your time

Regards
Tyrone
Student wizard

No apology is needed Master Tyrone.

I congratulate you in your work on helping the people of Rhodane.

Kind regards

Kthah

+Quote Post
Mart07
post Apr 14 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #9

Hero

Member No.: 57

Mercenary Folk's and them what have an interest in such things...

I have recently been appointed as Governor of the once grand Golden City of Rodanne - which as has been stated is in a right poor way at the moment with problems pilin' so high you can't even see the top o' them (let alone reach 'em!).

Its gonna be a mighty big job to tidy things up, which is why I'm pleased to announce that the following stirlin' types will be helpin' as part of the newly formed council -

* Watch Captain - Harley Skinner
* Magistrate - Yet to be confirmed, waitin' on the paperwork!
* Commisant - Morgan Sireless
* Stadtus - Ripley Trustworthy
* Craftenguilder - Sebastian
* Mennihaft - Prince Violet

Things ain't all bad though and the Tree of Life is looking better than it has for years (it ain't tried to kill noone for months now - but thats another story!) - so all bein' well we hope to start the musician's festival in the park again come summer - but all in good time!

Anyhow, if anyone is plannin' on travellin' to Rodanne to try to help or have an Adventure in the locale then please pop by my office* or get in touch and will be 'appy to point you in the right direction.

Thankin' you,

Warwick Winterbottom
Governor
Mayor of Little Hollow
Esquire of Little Hollow

* Its more of a shed currently - but made of stout Gantrick timber...

--------------------
The devil comes to Moscow wearing a fancy suit. With his disorderly band of accomplices including a demonic, gun-toting tomcat he immediately begins to create havoc.

+Quote Post
post Apr 15 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #10

Group:
Member No.: 0

Congratulations!!

If you need and stone or metal let me know and I will have it shipped from Eartholme?

Equally if in the future you have any wood or luxurious items they would very much be appreciated.

Thanks
Joron

+Quote Post
Mart07
post Apr 21 2017, 07:34 AM
Post #11

Hero

Member No.: 57

Many thanks for your kind words Master Joron.

We seem to 'ave certain things in abundance, though I doubt no one would want them - and I'm pretty sure the word luxurious couldn't be applied to none of 'em.

Once we've had chance to take stock we will sure to be in touch. Sebastian and his assistant 'ave been making lists of tangible things Rodanne has, and needs (one is a lot longer than the other!). I'm sure once he's got his head around things he will contact some of the other cities to open trade negotiations and what not.

Regards,

Wick

--------------------
The devil comes to Moscow wearing a fancy suit. With his disorderly band of accomplices including a demonic, gun-toting tomcat he immediately begins to create havoc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:23 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins