IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Greetings my family - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greetings my family, I need your assistance -
ZoeMercer
post Aug 3 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #1

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

Greetings Panama family.

I trust that you know of the responsibility our Lord has undertaken recently and I would like to enlist your aid in reducing the burden of running the family affairs as much as possible.

I have ordered the servants to bring all household matters to me or failing that another senior family member rather than to Our Lord directly. I will commune each evening to check that there is nothing that we have dealt with that needs his attention.

Also, I need your assistance in another matter. Some of you may have known me for some time, others less but it would probably be difficult to miss that I am quite er,... how shall I put it... curious, chatty and easily distracted.

I find wonder in so many things and have been described as insatiable in my thirst for knowledge. It was my most humble honour to gaze upon the Celestial Emperor in Heaven and he suggested that I consider if I really need to commune every time I have a question.

My problem is that I find it difficult to discern what is relevant. As such, upon reflection, I worry that I did not commune enough this Starsday. I think what I am saying is that if you have a question then please ask me.

Now - Following our sucesses in Folk, I have found out a couple of interesting things and pursued a couple of lines of enquiry.

Firstly, the man who wielded primal power and the sword that we met in the mist. The ancestors had this to say about him:

The druid you met was a Celestial being, not some simple man. He granted a mighty gift and should be honoured.

Did I miss the gift or was that while I was deaf, dumb and blind?

Who wants to look into that? If the communications granted by the family are insufficient, please contact me.

Also, I always thought that the mist was a direct consequence of having no Emperor crowned but I was told something a bit cryptic about it. That:

The maelstrom of the Shadowlands is beyond what you would recognize as sentience.

Ri'Lek told me many things about the mist but unfortunately I can't ask any questions about him as he cannot be seen!

He also told me of a Library. Immediately I was very interested so I have found out more. I do worry that the ancestors may have had a little too much Sake though. Does the end make sense to you?

The Library holds the records of the land as well as rites and powers of lost ages once the home of one the founding families it fell to the tribes and was devastated. The tribes had no interest in the city and it is now abandoned. However be warned the ritual chambers it holds are like beacons unto all manner of being from beyond. The taint of the Mist trying to consume the place what dew things that inhabit the place may not be reasonable.

Now the next is a real quandry. I asked the ancestors how I could find out about something that could not be communed about.

They quite rightly pointed out the ridiculousness of my question but suggested the following:

The imagination of the mortal mind is the greatest wonder of all the lands and planes in existence. We are sure you will find an answer.

As such, maybe you have some ideas?

Anyway.... If you can spend some time helping me please let me know. If you have a preference for a particular task then let me know. Otherwise, I will ask the ancestors how to put your particular skills to best use.

Ly-Chee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DaveR
post Aug 3 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 123

Ly-chee - sama

Firstly, let me apologise for not being able to accompany the family last Starsday, since my last death, I've not been quite as mobile as I once was, and the distance was too great - however I shall endeavor to try harder next time.

Secondly, as always, I am at the disposal of My Lord, as such, if I can assist you in anyway to ease his burdens, you have but to ask. Although, I am not sure what use you would have for a humble swordsman of fisherman stock, but I am sure the Great Oracle will know how to use my talents best.

I am afraid, being a mere peasant, the thoughts of the Ancestors escape me, although I think in their haste they mispronounced the word Drew although that makes only slightly more sense .....

As to scrying - I know next to nothing I am afraid, I usually leave that to those who have superior skills, much like yourself.

However, if scrying is like searching - I do that almost every day, I'm terrible for misplacing things, Just the other day I was searching for my purse, and I could not find it anywhere. I eventually gave up, and thought no more on the matter. It was only the next day when I was looking for my whetstone, did I discover the my purse. Alas, I am still looking for my whetstone .... But my like yourself, I digress.....

I would recommend systematic searching of each and every room - That way you can eliminate a room from your search having already looked there, making the field much smaller each time. Or perhaps you could increase the numbers of those searching ? Four eyes are better than two

I do not know if any of this helps, but as always I live to serve,

Yours Humbly,

Sushi Panama

+Quote Post
LeeS
post Aug 4 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 159

Ly-Chee

I believe the gift given by the celestial being, would be the restoring to life of the individual (who's name excapes me) from the black dragon clan...I could be wrong but thats all I think he did for us...unless you include talking to us?

If their is any task you wish of me Ly-Chee, please ask, I will be available in one of the annex's of our Lords chambers, as I have requested that for the time being I am closer to hand, given what has transpired recently.

Ginzu

--------------------
Lee

+Quote Post
PhilB
post Aug 4 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 6

Please accept my humblest appologies for intruding... I thought it may prove useful for me to comment:-

QUOTE(Ly-Chee @ Aug 3 2009, 04:27 PM) *
Also, I always thought that the mist was a direct consequence of having no Emperor crowned but I was told something a bit cryptic about it. That:

The maelstrom of the Shadowlands is beyond what you would recognize as sentience.

Ri'Lek told me many things about the mist but unfortunately I can't ask any questions about him as he cannot be seen!

Ahh, Ly-Chee... it all depends on how you ask.... Helps if you pre-warn me that you may be asking the silver dragon about me as well....

QUOTE(Ly-Chee @ Aug 3 2009, 04:27 PM) *
He also told me of a Library. Immediately I was very interested so I have found out more. I do worry that the ancestors may have had a little too much Sake though. Does the end make sense to you?

The Library holds the records of the land as well as rites and powers of lost ages once the home of one the founding families it fell to the tribes and was devastated. The tribes had no interest in the city and it is now abandoned. However be warned the ritual chambers it holds are like beacons unto all manner of being from beyond. The taint of the Mist trying to consume the place what dew things that inhabit the place may not be reasonable.

Not as such - although I suspect that it is refering to the chanbers drawing things to the place (I do not know what the things are, but they are half seen, out of the corner of the eye...) and the taint caused by the mist being tricky to reverse (if not impossible)

Ri'Leck.

+Quote Post
SteveBatchelor
post Aug 4 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 281

Ly Chee,

the man in the mist also gave that 'man' of the Snake Clan, the one trained to walk in shadow, a sword of not sleight power. That may be what your question is referring to.

Khyryhm

QUOTE(ZoeMercer @ Aug 3 2009, 04:27 PM) *
Greetings Panama family.

I trust that you know of the responsibility our Lord has undertaken recently and I would like to enlist your aid in reducing the burden of running the family affairs as much as possible.

I have ordered the servants to bring all household matters to me or failing that another senior family member rather than to Our Lord directly. I will commune each evening to check that there is nothing that we have dealt with that needs his attention.

Also, I need your assistance in another matter. Some of you may have known me for some time, others less but it would probably be difficult to miss that I am quite er,... how shall I put it... curious, chatty and easily distracted.

I find wonder in so many things and have been described as insatiable in my thirst for knowledge. It was my most humble honour to gaze upon the Celestial Emperor in Heaven and he suggested that I consider if I really need to commune every time I have a question.

My problem is that I find it difficult to discern what is relevant. As such, upon reflection, I worry that I did not commune enough this Starsday. I think what I am saying is that if you have a question then please ask me.

Now - Following our sucesses in Folk, I have found out a couple of interesting things and pursued a couple of lines of enquiry.

Firstly, the man who wielded primal power and the sword that we met in the mist. The ancestors had this to say about him:

The druid you met was a Celestial being, not some simple man. He granted a mighty gift and should be honoured.

Did I miss the gift or was that while I was deaf, dumb and blind?

Who wants to look into that? If the communications granted by the family are insufficient, please contact me.

Now the next is a real quandry. I asked the ancestors how I could find out about something that could not be communed about.

They quite rightly pointed out the ridiculousness of my question but suggested the following:

The imagination of the mortal mind is the greatest wonder of all the lands and planes in existence. We are sure you will find an answer.

As such, maybe you have some ideas?

Anyway.... If you can spend some time helping me please let me know. If you have a preference for a particular task then let me know. Otherwise, I will ask the ancestors how to put your particular skills to best use.

Ly-Chee

+Quote Post
ZoeMercer
post Aug 4 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #6

Heldsman

Oh! I missed the giving of the sword and forgot about the death. I shall let the Dragon Clan know what I have found out.

However, I have got a good memory for names, (I heard it while he was being restored to life even though I really didn't want to and had my fingers in my ears!) and if I remember correctly the 'man' was of the Crane Clan. I suspect he found employ with the Snake Clan after the Crane suffered from lack of support.

Thank you for your offer Sushi. I am sure I can find some tasks for you to complete on my behalf. They may not be the most thrilling of tasks, but it will free me up to commune more. I hope the Celestial Emporer understands!

Ri'Leck - Can I please commune about you? I suspect a head wiser than mine needs to decide how to best utilise your considerable skills.

Ginzu - I don't suppose it would matter if I asked if I could commune about you. I might get you to check out a library for me though, if you don't mind.

Ly-Chee

+Quote Post
post Aug 5 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #7

Group:
Member No.: 0

Does anyone plan to seek out this Library before our next mustering?

Hatsuki

+Quote Post
post Aug 5 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #8

Group:

QUOTE(ZoeMercer @ Aug 5 2009, 12:21 AM) *
Oh! I missed the giving of the sword and forgot about the death. I shall let the Dragon Clan know what I have found out.

However, I have got a good memory for names, (I heard it while he was being restored to life even though I really didn't want to and had my fingers in my ears!) and if I remember correctly the 'man' was of the Crane Clan. I suspect he found employ with the Snake Clan after the Crane suffered from lack of support.

Ly-Chee

Honourable Panama members, my greatest apologies for the intrusion. However, I believe there is some confusion over these particular events. If you will allow me to recount what happened as I remember it.

Riki from the Black Dragon Clan lost his life to the creatures that struck with the same strength as they were hit. He was then restored by the Celestial Being that we had met. As a way of thanks he then requested one of our blades so that he could go and slay some more of the white masked enemies. I gave up my Katana for him and he went on his way. Ly-Chee, I believe you were away communing during the passing over of the blade. We came across the Celestial Being one further time at the end of our day when we were travelling back through the mists and he returned to me my Katana that I had given him earlier in trade for another blade I had found during the day.

In reference to the clan I reside in, I am of the Crane. However many years ago I was indeed of the Snake, and it was a tremendous honor to meet again with my former Daimyo, Lord Naga Yusaki. I do hope that my recounting of these events has helped.

Kinjo

+Quote Post
post Aug 7 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #9

Group:

QUOTE(Lilley @ Aug 5 2009, 11:27 AM) *
Does anyone plan to seek out this Library before our next mustering?

Hatsuki

I shall assume that no one intends to then.

Hatsuki

+Quote Post
Naga
post Aug 7 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #10

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

QUOTE(Lilley @ Aug 7 2009, 10:11 AM) *
I shall assume that no one intends to then.

Hatsuki

I will be looking further into it as it is of much intrest to me

Lord Naga

+Quote Post
post Aug 7 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #11

Group:

If you wish the company then I will come with you Lord Naga.

Hatsuki

+Quote Post
ZoeMercer
post Aug 7 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #12

Heldsman

Appololgies for not responding. I am very busy at the moment.

I intend to find out more before I travel.

Ly-Chee Panama

+Quote Post
AndrewBucknell
post Aug 7 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 95

QUOTE(ZoeMercer @ Aug 5 2009, 12:21 AM) *

Thank you for your offer Sushi. I am sure I can find some tasks for you to complete on my behalf. They may not be the most thrilling of tasks, but it will free me up to commune more. I hope the Celestial Emporer understands!

Ri'Leck - Can I please commune about you? I suspect a head wiser than mine needs to decide how to best utilise your considerable skills.

Ginzu - I don't suppose it would matter if I asked if I could commune about you. I might get you to check out a library for me though, if you don't mind.

Ly-Chee

Ohio Gozai Mahs (good morning) Ly Chee

My clan does indeed suffer from lack of turn out but is still strong on their Island. We still guard the ports allowing for some travel and trade to these lands.
I apologise for being busy administrating this last month but will make more efforts to walk abroad once more.
We have travelled together before mighty Oracle and I am sure that we will do so again.
I am pleased that Kinjo was able to join you this time.

Shisou Yuurei
Daimyo Crane Clan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:11 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins