IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
7th & 8th Powermonger - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 7th & 8th Powermonger
CharleyL
post Jul 30 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Was thinking over ideas for taking Powermonger to 8th and was wondering what ideas people have and willing to share. Obvious things like Foreleg parry have already been thought smile.gif

Charley
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Jul 30 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 208

Not done it myself (indeed PowerMonger seems to me to be quite limiting...)

But I'd suggest thinking on the Power Master stuff... could you extent to get self-healing? Aligned colour empowered weapons? Parry magical and FX (mantic if pathed)? Obviously foreleg parry, and if you've not solved it another way, then think about AC and life.

Quite a lot depends on how you play the character, of course: should you snap cast your favourite combat glyphs (eg lightstep or rockskin) out of simple practice? Should you have some kind of spell affinity (eg, for the 5mins after a rockskin wears off, should it be at weak but continued effect - eg 2pts/grade?). Not that I'd suggest brown as a colour if you are a PowerMonger, of course... or ebony. Or white at a push.

And then there is the 'obvious' monkish stuff: weapon master + buffs. Parry enhancements (obviously). And damage reductions (contramastery, or parry-derived points off?)

Oh! I do like yellow paper...

Alasdair

+Quote Post
CharleyL
post Jul 30 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

This is good seeing the possibilities laid out helps! Definitely want more defensive stuff. How likely would it be that I could get 1st class monk buy as? Would it be an ability every couple of tables or just a flat NO! Also where it says powermongers buy as monk, is it literally just Monk or warrior subclass as well?

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Jul 30 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 208

QUOTE(CharleyL @ Jul 30 2013, 08:06 PM) *
This is good seeing the possibilities laid out helps! Definitely want more defensive stuff. How likely would it be that I could get 1st class monk buy as? Would it be an ability every couple of tables or just a flat NO! Also where it says powermongers buy as monk, is it literally just Monk or warrior subclass as well?

Monk buy as includes warrior subclass.
It is not uncommon to request in level 8 "may buy as 1st class", but typically 3 times ever, or I once had passed as at 3(?) tables lower. simple 'always buy as 1st class' would likely be a flat no. That said it'll likely be cheaper if you specify the abilities... "May buy the following 1st class abilities at +x% cost post 8th; A B and C"

As with yellow paper generally, it depends on the justification. And the richer the background the better.eg 'on the xxx extended length dungeon abc happened, because of 123. And character learns to make this ability permanent through this ability because... Now..."

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Jul 31 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 112

honestly dont bother, unless you want to be an assassin with fap.

You will always be limited by life, i got an increase in my 7/8 but you're better of going ranger and using a sheild if you want to fight.

Buy 3 as 1st class is ok but you still won't be that great, go assassin if you want to be one as you're not limited by items or spirit warrior/ranger if you want to fight.

+Quote Post
Leo
post Aug 2 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 44

FAP would be thoroughly worth if if you want to have a lot of touch spells. You can deliver them without fear of getting your hand snipped off. Maybe go power monger then apply for a casting reduction on ranged spells you cast at touch range.

+Quote Post
DanM
post Aug 2 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #7

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Leo @ Aug 2 2013, 02:36 PM) *
FAP would be thoroughly worth if if you want to have a lot of touch spells. You can deliver them without fear of getting your hand snipped off. Maybe go power monger then apply for a casting reduction on ranged spells you cast at touch range.

Or maybe he wants some defence while attacking? Might have walk through walls, or invis, or a way of getting in and out.

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
CharleyL
post Aug 2 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

I'm a red/bolty wizard, I have lightstep, but it was mostly so I don't get crushed easily. Plus it seems like a fun MC roleplay wise, reaching an Inner calm on a hyper active Faery

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:01 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins