IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Seeking Permission to Join - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seeking Permission to Join
Edd
post Jun 15 2016, 10:01 PM
Post #1

Heldsman

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 80

Greetings from the Lands of the Seven Winds!

My name is Ishan bin Akir, of the White Oasis Hetyen, of Clan Galahbhad.

I am a channeler of the fallen spirits of my Hetyen. I was originally passed up for windtouched, but a passing Harazeen Rainfinder took me in and trained me to hold communion with the spirits and allow them to influence the world through me.

My beliefs are very similar to that of your church. I am amble to allow the great warriors, healers and scholars of years past to aid the Hetyen today.

I have been sent to the Empire to gain further knowledge of myself and my powers, but also to further my ties to the Knights of the Land. It is through the spirits advice that I seek you out, as I am not of your Empire, I believe I require permission to worship the fallen heroes with you all.

I await your response and welcome any questions you might have.

Ishan bin Akir
I belive the title you use is 'Paladin'.

--------------------
edd@labyrinthe.co.uk
Known to play: Mahō No Fukurō, Gavalar Earthsunder, Alecto Pentangle, Ishan bin Akir, Basil the Great Rat Detective
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 5 2016, 07:01 AM
Post #2

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 198

I'm not in charge but sounds fine to me.
Milly
13th

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Jul 5 2016, 10:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 111

You need no permission to have faith.

If your heart and soul tell you to follow your heroes, then follow them, just as mine is devoted to Mylo, the nameless heroes and the countless unremembered dead. You need no approval to do so. Even were Andric to deny you official membership of the faith, which I am sure he will not, it doesn't lessen your faith in your heroes or those who follow them.

Most of my friends and fellow spears aren't in faiths or part of churches. It doesn't stop them calling out to Mylo to stand with them, to witness as they do their duty, to watch their backs and with luck and fortune see them safe back home, or at least see that they died making sure their families were safe back home. They don't need permission to have faith and neither do you, neither do any of us.

If you believe, believe, it is enough.

Dusk

+Quote Post
Edd
post Jul 13 2016, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Heldsman

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 80

Forgive me Dusk, I did not make myself clear. My faith in the fallen of my Hetyan is unshakeable and were your high priest to reject my application I would indeed continue to follow them in my own way.

The permission I seek is to worship them at your shrines and churches, as I respect your faith comes from the Heroes of your Empire and I would not wish to offend them or anyone else who worships them due to comming from Ishma.

I thank you for your concern, but have no fear, my belief is not in jeopardy.

Best wishes,

Akir

--------------------
edd@labyrinthe.co.uk
Known to play: Mahō No Fukurō, Gavalar Earthsunder, Alecto Pentangle, Ishan bin Akir, Basil the Great Rat Detective

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 13 2016, 12:37 PM
Post #5

Deity

Member No.: 25

Personally I think a hero's a hero. Revere and honour them and I don't think it matters where they come from, like the old saying goes: "one man's villain is another man's hero"

"Clive"

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:48 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins