IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Overland Season - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Overland Season, Back on the Menu
RichFromant
post Jan 13 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

I have some good news for you all: overlands are back as a regular fixture!

Following a few years without a regular site we have managed to secure a new home for overlands, Buckmore Park Scout Camp in Kent.
We held one overland and a 3-day there this year and it works very well for what we need. It has a 100+ acres of woodland, a secure car park, a clean toilet block and relative privacy from muggles. Thanks need to go to Ed and Stacey for their organisation with the site owner last year which allowed us to book it on good terms this year.

We have arranged some events already this year for people who had already spoken to/pestered me about overlands and left some free open for anyone to book. The dates and details are as follows:

Sunday 19th March - Max 10k Amles 3-day lead up
8th and 9th April - Overland Only Weekend, 2 linked events: A max 1K and max 3k Saturday, 1.5k and 5250 Sunday
Saturday 29th April - An open Max 1500
Saturday 20th May - Max 3k Mortai guild special reffed by Will P
Sunday 21st May - Max 4k Claws of Circle Guild special
4th June - Max 1k Syltanthian themed dungeon
1st July - Unity Picnic, Max 5250 Julian W booked to ref
9th July - Max 10K Knights Errant Guild Special
30th July - Dead Heroes Guild Special, level TBC
19th & 20th August - Overland Only Weekend: A max 1.5k Saturday and Max 2k Sunday plus an event each day open to booking
Sunday 27th August - Unity Picnic, Max 5250 Julian W booked to ref
Monday 28th August - Rite of Life Druid Themeday - 2 party - Max 16k for highs, max 4 k for lows
9th September - Young Player Overland day

If you are interested in booking one of the open slots please drop me an email on fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk. It will be roughly first come first served, with a max of 2 being allowed to be booked first of for any one guild/theme. We will however try and juggle things about so everyone can get what they want.

Duncan will be adding the open ones to the event diary shortly (probably after he has finished writing Sunday's dungeon) and I will confirm when they open for booking. We will also obviously need refs and crew for them.

I will do a post nearer the the first event with the various site details and relevant rules, nothing to worry about but we obviously need to make sure we obey them so that we don't lose use of this site. The events will all be triple lengths, costing £60 with a £20 minimum cash payment. We will have use of the site from 9am till about 7pm.

For more information about the site see here: http://www.buckmorepark.org.uk/

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Fionamullin
post Aug 16 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 198

Not intended as cynical just my own reasons for not having played most of the overlands this year.
I enjoy role play sections as much as the next person and granted sometime ic lunchtime works, some times it doesn't, again my opinion.
I have done some great overlands and enjoy them, however huw does mke a point that travel does make a difference as to what and where I play.
Not saying bin them just maybe not such a scatter gun approach next season.

--------------------
Fi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RichFromant   Overland Season   Jan 13 2017, 06:39 PM
RichFromant   I have updated the above list with the overlands t...   Jan 31 2017, 08:39 AM
RichFromant   So, as we come to towards the end of overland seas...   Aug 16 2017, 07:36 AM
Kail   I was really looking forward to overlands again. W...   Aug 16 2017, 09:13 AM
Fionamullin   Being a nondriver the site is not great and losing...   Aug 16 2017, 10:37 AM
dnsmantra   Cynical much. In terms of practicalities, Chatham...   Aug 16 2017, 12:23 PM
Netheril   I love the new site, and have thoroughly enjoyed t...   Aug 16 2017, 12:37 PM
dnsmantra   I suspect a lot of the issues are that people just...   Aug 16 2017, 01:01 PM
BBB   I suspect a lot of the issues are that people just...   Aug 16 2017, 07:46 PM
TimTreadwell   I love overlands both as a player and monster. It...   Aug 16 2017, 12:39 PM
Ferro   I really like over lands. Have tried to get some r...   Aug 16 2017, 01:10 PM
bendy   I'd would also encourage new players to try ov...   Aug 16 2017, 01:24 PM
Fionamullin   Not intended as cynical just my own reasons for no...   Aug 16 2017, 02:04 PM
dnsmantra   Not saying bin them just maybe not such a scatter ...   Aug 16 2017, 04:18 PM
oggrod   Is it a case of not having enough members anymore ...   Aug 16 2017, 03:34 PM
oggrod   Also for what it's worth I really miss the ove...   Aug 16 2017, 03:51 PM
Fionamullin   Exactly the mini campaigns have gone down well at....   Aug 16 2017, 04:40 PM
Abel   It's not usually the player slots that are the...   Aug 16 2017, 11:44 PM
Padallen   Like others have already said crew is the main a m...   Aug 17 2017, 12:37 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:55 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins