IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Scout get-outs - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scout get-outs
post Feb 4 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Hi all,

I'm really at a loss for trying to work out how to get some combat get-outs for my 8.7K alfar pathfinder/ranger (wolf totem mr).

I can get re-enter chameleons with 30 seconds prep (as part of multiclass), but this doesn't help when two monsters doing SIX are ganging up on me (re. yesterday's KOTL).

I have plenty of salmon leaps but that doesn't get me far enough away, and getting even a single Earth Meld would cost me around 320pts (100pts to buy advanced evocation innates at 20pts/EP, 40pts for Barkskin innate, 40pts for Stoneskin (self) innate, 140pts for Meld with Earth innate).

Being pathfinder/ranger I have no supernatural power either; and some way of doing passwalls would also be nice.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Feb 4 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

QUOTE(MartinSmith @ Feb 4 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Hi all,

I'm really at a loss for trying to work out how to get some combat get-outs for my 8.7K alfar pathfinder/ranger (wolf totem mr).

I can get re-enter chameleons with 30 seconds prep (as part of multiclass), but this doesn't help when two monsters doing SIX are ganging up on me (re. yesterday's KOTL).

I have plenty of salmon leaps but that doesn't get me far enough away, and getting even a single Earth Meld would cost me around 320pts (100pts to buy advanced evocation innates at 20pts/EP, 40pts for Barkskin innate, 40pts for Stoneskin (self) innate, 140pts for Meld with Earth innate).

Being pathfinder/ranger I have no supernatural power either; and some way of doing passwalls would also be nice.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1) Buy your myths item that gives you an innate rockskin...
2) re-apply for said myths item, break it up into the different innates it gives you, and just buy a rockskin
3) stop using a shield and badly weighted O class axe... rely more on forearm parry
4) you have a lot of jumps, try for some lightsteps maybe?

+Quote Post
Dave
post Feb 4 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 62

respend!

D

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Feb 4 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 52

If you want to I'm sure we could work out a much stronger respend for you. I sort of commented on the get outs on the other thread.

But as a "physical" scout. You can buy unlimited chameleons at 50pts a pop, you can also buy the upgrades in the new ATSE to make them moving. Use your jumps to get away then pop a chameleon when you land.

As an Alfar it should be easy to have them regenerate in natutal surroundings, giving you the chance to use them as and when needed. The key to staying alive is not to hide when you know you are in real trouble but also when you think you might be about to be in real trouble.

Hell if you have FAP, slign the shield (I know it's a great item so carry it on your back) get two hand axes for parrying with, see Rob S, Pants etc for tips and then get 2 smaller hand axes for jumping people with. Quick draw for 30pts would also be an idea for gettign aprry sticks out in a hurry when they turn on you.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
post Feb 4 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #5

Group:

Carlo has given me some thoughts - since that myths item (blew up 1/9/7) also had one earthmeld. Has anyone managed to get an already blown up myths item revived with points?

Gordon, I have a MC passed that grants regen one chameleon innate very 2 hours at lvl 6 (mc total cost 660pts).

I am curious about a respend, although I am on 20% res chance now. Does a respend ever involve new bits of yellow paper, to reorganise a lot of previous points apps?

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Feb 4 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(MartinSmith @ Feb 4 2008, 10:17 PM) *
Carlo has given me some thoughts - since that myths item (blew up 1/9/7) also had one earthmeld. Has anyone managed to get an already blown up myths item revived with points?

Gordon, I have a MC passed that grants regen one chameleon innate very 2 hours at lvl 6 (mc total cost 660pts).

I am curious about a respend, although I am on 20% res chance now. Does a respend ever involve new bits of yellow paper, to reorganise a lot of previous points apps?

yeah, people generally buy their myths items when they blow up after all :-)

branwens specifically have blown up and i can buy them back. you should apply for that item, didnt it give +24/8 too?

+Quote Post
post Feb 4 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #7

Group:

QUOTE(Carlo @ Feb 4 2008, 10:25 PM) *
didnt it give +24/8 too?

Nope, the +24/8 was from a buckle I'd gained before that myths and was wearing during myths (2004! I'm surprised you remember).

+Quote Post
post Feb 4 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #8

Group:

Not sure how expensive it would be, no evolution to hand.... how about buying acrobat and cannot be struck whilst leaping post the purchase.

with Gordon's run and hide strategy tagged on, it could be one route forward. Considering the average distance youcould then get is (using leap+handspring) 30ft.

+Quote Post
post Feb 4 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #9

Group:

QUOTE(petehouse @ Feb 4 2008, 10:49 PM) *
Not sure how expensive it would be, no evolution to hand.... how about buying acrobat and cannot be struck whilst leaping post the purchase.

with Gordon's run and hide strategy tagged on, it could be one route forward. Considering the average distance youcould then get is (using leap+handspring) 30ft.

Darn, see I'm just not good at working out the combos.

I have passed "long jump", distance is doubled for one jump/day, 30pts*

Avoiding damage used to be on T10 for 1st class pathfinders, but since it doesn't appear in the new book it is no longer available (so all existing scouts might find they have 100pts spare now).

+Quote Post
post Feb 5 2008, 12:29 AM
Post #10

Group:

QUOTE(MartinSmith @ Feb 4 2008, 11:00 PM) *
Darn, see I'm just not good at working out the combos.

I have passed "long jump", distance is doubled for one jump/day, 30pts*

Avoiding damage used to be on T10 for 1st class pathfinders, but since it doesn't appear in the new book it is no longer available (so all existing scouts might find they have 100pts spare now).

I didnt actually factor that in- but i should imagine its an easy post 6th acrobat thing being a scout.

And with long jump+handspring, thats 40ft clear and free, and a change of direction after 30ft...... corners are no longer your problem. Overall i'd figure it better than your common garden shift ability.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 05:05 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins