IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Announcement - New Appointments - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Announcement - New Appointments, Updated - 22/06/15
Rachael B
post Mar 29 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

My Brothers and Sisters in faith,

I have spent much time thinking and deciding on how to proceed regarding the continuation of Latona's structuring within the Church.

To that end, I have decided the following should those here named choose to accept my humble request to increase the burdens upon themselves.

I would like to maintain Rus in his position as Prior of Deci and ask if he will accept the task of Patriarch of the Northern Empire. Times are often harsher than most here, and the people will have great need of your strength and power.

I would like to maintain Reason in his position as Prior of Scarlene and ask if he will accept the task of Patriarch of the Heartlands. There has been much suffering in these lands since the Final Dawn, and I trust in your grace to lead the healing of the land and it's people. I would also ask of Reason that he takes the responsibilities of the Prior of Sellaville and Patriarch of the South until such time as I am able to find someone suitable for the task.

I appoint Charlie to the position of Prior of Halgar. Though she is new to our faith, Shaehan's light clearly shines brightly within her. Those less experienced of our numbers need a figure they can relate more easily to, and Halgar especially needs extra special attention even though the Demonic threat is subsiding.

I would like to appoint Haruld as Patriarch of the Jade Empire. Or Amlas. Whichever name they have today, they are all lovely. I appreciate this is completely unnecessary but I would like it noted very much in the faith, for those who may not know him, of his status within the lands of the Orient. If this is an erroneous decision then I would gladly hear it.

I would like to appoint Tirak as Patriarch for Takalia, and therefore the Baronies. I appreciate this may be a controversial decision, but our Lady has seen fit to give him a second chance and I am keen to allow him the opportunity to show us all that he has washed away the mistakes of his past.

I would like to appoint Naolin as Patriarch of Ghalabhad, and thereby Ishma. Though many of you may not know him, I have followed his good deeds amongst all the people's of their lands, and I know how greatly he has cared for their people.

Ignatius of the Lady of the Stars I hope will continue in his role as Cantor of Gothiel.

May her light shine ever in your lives and my eternal thanks to all those who take up extra responsibilities in the name of her light. Of course it is our job to care for all peoples of all lands, but let those named above have their place in supporting those who seek to travel under their remit. Unlike her, we cannot be everywhere at once.

Tirama

My brothers and sisters,

Following on from our recent gathering, I have been reading through some old paperwork, most of which was left with me by Torwin, and it has had me thinking.

We are more active, as is our brother church of Mortai, than we have in a number of years. We have welcomed a number of newly vitae infused brothers and sisters in to our mercenary orders, as well as quite a number of followers less so infused by Primus and suited to a more mundane clerical role – if you’ll excuse the phrasing.

I wish to welcome everyone, and apologise if I have not yet been able to meet you in person. I also wish to bring the Church more to the forefront of the minds of the people of the land. We have never been as vocal or forceful in demeanour as some of the other goodly faiths that serve the people and use the spirits of light, and I know that everyone has their own way of putting forward our faith. It is human nature that one "man's" explanation does not match his neighbour's, but it is far better than no-one speaking out for our Lady.

To that end I wish to start re-assigning regions, temples, shrines and cities to active priests to give the people of the area more exposure to the faces, as it were, of our Lady.

These will be split up in to a number of roles.
Firstly, those infused with vitae will hold the more active of these roles, as they as mercenaries are probably better able to adapt to some of the more unusual situations brought to our attention. Though this is by no means the rule.

The Positions - Where feminine terms are used below, the masculine may equally apply and vice versa.

High Priestess, Matriarch of the Remus Hills
Responsible for our Lady's Church on Primus and beyond.

Patriarch
The Senior priest responsible for those in their Region, a Patriarch reports to the High Priestess. Their responsibility is divided into the following regions

Northern Empire: Keys, Deci, Alguz, Port Miere and their respective rural places of note
Heartlands: Halgar, The Rest, Scarlene, Eartholme, Gothiel and their respective rural places of note
Southern Empire: Bildteve, Sellaville, Thimon, Trovil and their respective rural places of note
The Baronies: Patriarch of Takalia
Ishma: Patriarch of Ghalabhad

Further Patriarchs may be appointed as required.

Prior
A title awarded to the high priest of an active Temple, Shrine, City or Village within in a named Region. They are responsible for those within their Priory, and report to their Patriarch/Matriarch when available

Guardian
A title awarded to a noted Ley Believer, and normally given to those appointed as assistants to any Patriarch of Prior

Priest
A follower of the Lady who wields her spiritual power

Acolyte
A follower of the Lady who is unable to wield her spiritual power.

Other titles awarded to recognise the Church's respect for individuals.

Provost
An honorary title awarded to a brother or sister of the church of Mortai. It may be related to a particular town or temple depending on the reason for the awarding.

Cantor
An honorary title awarded to one not of the faith of Shaehan or Mortai in recognition of noted aid/services and friendship to the Church.

Appointments

To this end and following recent and past events I am pleased to make the following announcements in our hallowed halls first, but shall shortly be making this public knowledge.

Appointments with in the Faith:

The Empire:

Reason is awarded the title, duties and honours of Prior of Scarlene and its respective rural places of note [Region: Heartlands]
Melesh is awarded the title, duties and honours of Prior of Halgar and its respective rural places of note [Region: Heartlands]
Rus is awarded the title, duties and honours of Prior of Deci and its respective rural places of note and its respective rural places of note [Region: Northern Empire]
Peronel (Penny) Winterhaven is awarded the title, duties and honours of Prioress of Sellaville and its respective rural places of note [Region: Southern Empire]

The Southern Baronies:

Haruld is awarded the title, duties and honours of Patriarch of Takalia
Aradesh is awarded the title, duties and honours of Prior of Tartovia [Region: The Baronies]

Other appointments:

Ignatius of The Lady of the Stars is awarded the honorary title Cantor of Gothiel. Let him be known as a Friend of the Faith.

I would like to thank and congratulate those named and wish them success in their new roles.

I will continue to look for other likely candidates from our ranks that are active in the mercenary community, and I will welcome and consider any recommendations you bring me.

Go Gentle with our Ladys Blessing

Latona

(OOC - Please note, these titles are only designed for LRP use and are given at the discretion of the High Priest. Refs, please contact me if you wish to use one of the given titles for a campaign NPC for colour & consistency so I can keep track etc.)

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 29 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Well, that was unexpected.
Are we expected to reside within our respective Priories? If so, could I request to be transfered to Deci?

many thanks
Rus

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Mar 29 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 7

It would make it easier were you to do so Rus.. and I know you for a hardy soul.

Consider your appointment amended, and thank you for easing a difficult desicion for me.

Latona

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 29 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #4

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Thank you, Latona, much appreciated.

Rus.

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Mar 29 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 48

Forgive my intrusion.

I am very grateful for this honour, and have long held the churches of Shaehan and Mortai close to my heart. I am pleased to be able to accept.

Not to be picky, however - I'm not really Ignatius of the Lady of the Stars. If I need an 'of', it would be of the Lady of Tears.

My best wishes to all my friends in the two churches,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
Will
post Sep 6 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 158

Dear all,

I have been looking over the good works and appointments of Latona. These strike me as valuable and worthy of keeping relevant.

To that end, can I invite everyone who currently holds one of these positions to contact me privately to discuss whether you wish to continue in your role and how you feel things have developed over the past two years. I have no plans at this time to remove or change anyone in a role, but I do want to establish that those holding them are still active and willing to continue and indeed are seeking to continue the work you have been doing so far.

In love.

Tirama

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
post Sep 9 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #7

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(Will @ Sep 6 2014, 08:34 PM) *
Dear all,

I have been looking over the good works and appointments of Latona. These strike me as valuable and worthy of keeping relevant.

To that end, can I invite everyone who currently holds one of these positions to contact me privately to discuss whether you wish to continue in your role and how you feel things have developed over the past two years. I have no plans at this time to remove or change anyone in a role, but I do want to establish that those holding them are still active and willing to continue and indeed are seeking to continue the work you have been doing so far.

In love.

Tirama

How much is this going to cost me then?

M

+Quote Post
Will
post Sep 9 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 158

A few minutes of your time I imagine.

I look forward to hearing from you Melesh.

Tirama

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:24 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins