IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Use of the forums - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Use of the forums, FYI
post Dec 31 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Hi guys,

As Andrea said, we all got together last night to discuss how things are going for the YPs at Labyrinthe, and how to make it even better next year. We've got plenty of feedback for you, and we hope that you will take it on board and feed back to us as well.

One thing that we weren't sure had been made clear to you was use of the forums.

Anything in the Young Player Forums section is for communication between the CMT, the Ref team, and you. The adult players are not allowed to interfere, and if they say anything we deem unhelpful, non-constructive or inappropriate it will be removed and they will be told not to do it again. As such, you can feel free to post anything you wish in the YP Forums without fear of the big kids wading in and calling you names. They've got their own forum for that kind of behaviour.

However, this does mean that if you want to post things onto the adult forum (and you are quite welcome to do so) you will not be protected from the name-calling and the grumpiness of some of the adult players. If you post something daft on their forum* and they get uppity about it, they are quite justified in doing so.

They are also quite justified in expecting you to write like an adult if you post on the adult forums, so if you are venturing out please remember to take your capital letters and punctuation, and if you post on an IC thread (such as a guild board) you MUST post in-character. Adults do not switch in and out of character as frequently as YPs, and so if you are posting on the adult forums you need to remember to act like an adult.

We have requested a Young Player Yellow Paper forum on your behalf, so that if you have questions about Points Apps you can post them on the YP Forum if you wish rather than braving the wrath of the adults.

Finally, I would like to remind you all that you should be using the YP forum. You will receive IC briefs here, which you should read, and you should use the OOC forum to chat amongst yourselves about who is playing what, as well as anything else that comes to mind, such as 'can anyone give me a lift?', 'where's a good place to get fake fur?' or 'if I monster the morning section, will you monster the afternoon so this dungeon actually runs?'. These are your forums, and you can get a lot more out of Labyrinthe if you use them!

Have fun, and keep the language clean.

Sally smile.gif

*I do this frequently. It is not fun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:36 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins