IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Obituary - Darren - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Obituary - Darren
dnsmantra
post Oct 16 2017, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

Sometimes people surprise you. Sometimes they continue to do so. Sometimes they do so so much that you just don't know what to say, and don't have the words. Darren was one of those.

When I first met him I fully expected to see him in the penal legion within a couple of months. I didn't. When he joined the Knights of the Land I was surprised; more so that he jokingly told me he'd been "tricked into it", but then didn't want to leave. He wasn't your normal knight, but in-between the banter and the comedy dressing gown he had a good heart and was never afraid to stand up for what he believed in (initially... the ability to cast the walk through walls miracle and not a lot else, but in time so much more than that).

In the end he did just that. On Tivoria, everyone was dead and had been dead for 200 years. Echoes of those people haunted the land, sometimes trapped in their last moments, sometimes simply confused and trying to continue an existence which ended centuries before. It was a world shattered into fragments by the selfish and misguided actions of its world spirit, which had horrific consequences.

Darren gave his life to change that. Four hundred thousand people now have a chance to live again; four hundred thousand who would never have had that chance without him. A world which was sundered has been remade. All this because Darren chose to speak a word only a god should speak and fuelling that word with all his life and soul. In his unmaking, so was the world remade, so were the people given a chance to live again.

Rest well my friend. Rest well. Truly have you deserved it.

Dusk

Rest well, your day is done. You were not a soldier and it was not your duty, yet you did it gladly, and for that we salute you as one of our own. So many who held the spear and who died forgotten and unknown, now live again through your words. I am glad I was able to bear witness.

Mylo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheFury
post Oct 16 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 61

He did good by us and the land despite how little he appeared to take seriously.

I wish him well for his return, possibly as some sort of guest member of Beirdo and Weirdo Investigations.

Larkin

--------------------
Attention randomly typing monkeys.
The reply button does not dispense bananas. That is all.

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Oct 16 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 119

This is horrible news.

I’m down 10,000 Grulls!

I literally had bets that ‘Dargoth’ was just biding his time in the knights and making friends while a weak mercenary only then to be some notorious villain in 5 years or so (well, at the rate of mercenaries these days, 5 weeks - including Thorsdays) He always seemed like a nice bloke, but when a nice bloke has a dark soul you have to wonder what they’re playing at. I thought he was just playing some sort of assassin long game.

Anyway, I’m not really that much of a dick. Whatever Liara might say - but what a great and surprising end for the bloke. That’s a lot of people alive thanks to you.

Well done Dargoth - there’s a place for you at Sorcha’s Table for a beer or two to celebrate.

Max
Sorcha’s Priest
Team Torsland

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Oct 16 2017, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 52

Dazza…’e was so pikey ‘e wished ‘e woz Vincenzo.

In the end ‘e probably grandstanded in such a way that Vincenzo will wish to be him.

‘E never made it ta C in the alphabet, which provez ‘e woz allrite really.

Zaton.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Oct 16 2017, 11:10 AM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 48

I only knew this man for two days. Initially I was only prevented from assaulting him as a necromancer by my various oaths and general desire not to hamper an effort to help a city full of people. Indeed, initially I was not even certain that he was a Knight.

I was clearly wrong. His actions at the Heart of the World in Tivoria proved that, and he restored life to the plane where I could not find a way. At least one of the Valar blesses and praises his name - and I trust that we will see him return to Primus in time.

Ignatius,
Nirnaeth Arnoediad

+Quote Post
giles
post Oct 16 2017, 01:49 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 68

Sometimes people surprise you indeed. I am awestruck to be honest. He was clearly wrestling with his conscience from the moment he turned up. I wasn't there for the end, for which I am sorry, but I applaud his bravery and am glad that the people of Tivoria now have a chance. Bravo Darren.

Morgan

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Oct 16 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 190

Meeh!! ****'s!

Serves him right for punching a poor old goblin between the legs. Whilst wearing studded gloves.

Meeh!

Git.

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Oct 16 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 198

Darren, and those who knew him better than I,
Hurry back, your light and soul are missed.
And your robe.
Don't worry people know.
Penny

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:21 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins