IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Firey Undine of Icewater Pass & the Water Tower (Report) - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Firey Undine of Icewater Pass & the Water Tower (Report)
giles
post Jul 17 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

A quick report on the Knights of the Land mission to the Icewater Pass to deal with the large undine.

Firstly it's NOT an undine. It's an efreeti demon, a pasha of fire from the Athfash ban Mir named Baf-rav-el.

If it were 'released' or dealt with wrongly it could expand and fire would wash through the pass harming our troops there.
The confusion as to it being an undine may come from the fact that it was within 'The Water Tower'.

The Water Tower ,if you are not aware, is a place of power it may have been the previous centre of Primus, possibly the stump of Primus, the place upon which all others rested. If Primus were to fall,this might be the last place to go.

It is essentially a mountain riddled with tunnels and is divided by 'locks' in the sense of canals. Parts of the Water Tower arenot even upon Primus, these lock essentially divide the place into compartments. To travel through them you need a key - it may be possible to reset such things. The key opens an iron door that is guarded by a golem of blacklead. The key stripped you of supernatural power.
Beyond the door was a small corridor that ended with another iron door - to open it you needed to think about your destination within the Water Tower (so we went to the chambers of the efreet.
There are many compartments and the Water Tower contains around 100 helds,comprising of those who have been defeated over the years by the people of Primus, some are simply for hire.

We obtained the key from a group of ophidians (snake people) known as the Cult of Kalaban who have been used as infiltrators.

The efreeti itself was slain (it could pour forth salamanders from itself) by the actions of Lord of Battle, David Stone, Knight Reliant Garrick, Knight Reliant Bob, Governor Asta Khan of Eartholme, Barney of the Cartographers Guild, Knight Reliant Tidus, Andric of Dead Heroes and myself. Garrick was slain in the conflict and certainly deserves some sort of commendation.
Unfortunately it was was able to reconstitute itself ,but weakened fled back to the Athfash Ban Mir through a fiery portal which it then closed.
However the power from the 'shrine' to the Mother, Father and the Child (Myronese ??) faded.

I believe this was by and large a success, the creature was driven away, it seemed to be a willing ally of the Myronese - it may be a while before it can be resummoned/return. Possibly with its name if we had skilled summoners they could summon it from Ishma and bind it and trap it.

I hope this information is useful. I am curious why intelligence suggested it was an undine, was it simply the name 'Water Tower' ? - I understand that errors happen particularly in time of war but we were somewhat fortunate, since we were prepared to fight the opposite element. The creature fell to Barney's blades though I should say everyone more than did their part. This is relatively brief, I will make a further report once I have consulted my notes.

Nev DeVille,
Knight Reliant
Steward of Ochrefel
Governor of Mordred's Rest
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cripple
post Jul 17 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 686

Bob is also a knight Reliant too Nev. But other then that i cant think of anything else to add to your report, other then we did flood the area with acids and poisons, and there are some areas that did not drain, so it is something to be wary of.

Garrik.

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
giles
post Jul 17 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 68

I have amended my report appropriately.
I thought that the acid and poison had all drained away ?
But yes, the key was warded by the deity of the ophidians, removing the warding drew his attention to the caves and he flooded them with acid and deadly toxins for several minutes.

The other point was concerning those of goodly faith lead by the priests of St Michael who had apparently defeated Baf-rav-el some twenty years ago,I wondered if anyone might remember ?

Nev'

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jul 18 2011, 08:32 AM
Post #4

GSM

Member No.: 54

I am sorry Nev, I have no idea why you were told it was an undine. I've been rather busy but the initial information I passed on was that is was a Fire elemental set to wash down the pass.

Diomedes

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 18 2011, 09:59 AM
Post #5

Deity

Member No.: 25

It was Harpell who said it was an Undine, up til that point I had thought it was a Salamander. I presumed that the Alguz Irregulars had got more recent information regarding the creature.

In any case its removal saves me the trouble, for which I am grateful.

Watching-Owl

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 18 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #6

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Well done Knights

I'm proud.

Next time, I'll get the information verified, as it seems the mistake could have been fatal.
You just can't trust information you haven't gathered yourself...

Seantor Willock
Department of Mercenary Affairs

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jul 18 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 574

Thank you for a concise report Lord Deville,

I would just like to take a moment to add my thanks to all the Knights present (Garrick, Tidus, Andric, Lord Deville and Bob) you did your orders proud once again,

Also thank you to Asta Khan and Barney without whom we would have had a much tougher day with I am sure more casualties amongst the present Knights, your skills are a credit to you both.

Dave Stone
Lord Battle

+Quote Post
AndyWashington
post Jul 18 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 76

Lord Battle,

your thanks, while welcome, are not necessary. It was a pleasure to journey with you and aid you in this task. Many people have been working to aid Eartholme in this time of war and I appreciated you giving me the opportunity to do something in return.

Asta Khan
Knight of the Empire
Governor of Eartholme

+Quote Post
cripple
post Jul 18 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #9

Hero

Member No.: 686

Nev, it mostly did, but there were still some rooms in the area where we met the cult of teh Kalaban that didnt drain fully so there may still be pockets of trapped acids and posions in the area. I saw these as i was leaving the chambers with the Key.

Garrik.

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:45 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins