IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Ritual and the Ritter Praavus - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ritual and the Ritter Praavus, Compiling Information
Rob
post Mar 23 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #21

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

I will scry now

I may not be able to get answers to you until Starsday as I am assisting my master re bind his rites after the dawn.

Oh - I have ascertained we shall probably know who the new Seven are on Starsday as well.

Regards

Andre

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Mar 23 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #22

Mercenary

Member No.: 129

Sorry as I missed our last gathering, I maybe looking for answer we already have or that aren't relevant but do we not still need to know what animal and plant harm the Green or do we already know? Maybe the plant and/or animal is within the swamps of Kasnia. Didn't the runes cast mention a hunt? Possible hunting of an animal maybe.

Also the Green Nail may only be one source of scrying possible for the Blauz to use. Are we sure the Green Nail and Blauz are allies?

Maybe we could see why the Blauz are traveling to Ishma. It could be possible there is a source of scrying there.

Again, forgive me if I am misinformed.

Wolfgang.

QUOTE(MattJ @ Mar 23 2010, 12:32 PM) *
Nikoli has already mentioned the other 2 green nails being harmed by silver and gold. Only one of the three is still living. Is she harmed by silver or gold? The runes would indicate to me that she is harmed by gold and that we need to obtain the ore from the Brandins, have it made into a weapon in forgetown and then we can locate the green nail in the swamps of Kasnia. Is everyone in agreement on this?

Killing the third green nail to ensure they have no other method of scrying would seem sensible in which case we need to do as the runes have stated.

The problem with getting the other part of the spear is that it's in the sunless. This means that we either need to go and get the spear from the sunless or give them cause to bring it somewhere else.

Andre, I will leave it to your discrestion as to what you scry about in preparation for this Starsday unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Melanie

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Mar 23 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #23

Mercenary

Uhtred,

You are indeed correct. Wights or Wraiths were the Undead creatures I would have assumed we would use should the source of Ghilion's brightness be of a magical nature only. The abilities these Undead have would also help if we seek to control/dominate Ghilion through weakening his resolve to resist such attempts. I was just looking at all options open to us. If the brightness is also of a spiritual nature then summoning such creatures would be pointless. Also if his weapon is of magical nature only purely spiritual Undead could not be harmed by him. Again this point is worthless should his weapon contain a spirit.

Wolfgang Ottsberg.

QUOTE(ChrisAndrews @ Mar 23 2010, 11:12 AM) *
I am unsure - I would hazard that it does not matter what causes him to be bright, the only form of undead that would stand a chance is a Wight or Wraith.

I believe that Vision Salves will reduce the glare, but I am no apocothary and someone more learned should correct me if I am wrong.

Uhtred

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 23 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #24

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Well, Silver is a fact, Gold is a supposition

3 Sister Green nails.
1 was killed by Bronze
1 can be killed by Silver
The eldest is shielded, but Gold is a logical supposition

Nikoli

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Mar 23 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #25

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

QUOTE(AlanG @ Mar 23 2010, 12:50 PM) *
Sorry as I missed our last gathering, I maybe looking for answer we already have or that aren't relevant but do we not still need to know what animal and plant harm the Green or do we already know? Maybe the plant and/or animal is within the swamps of Kasnia. Didn't the runes cast mention a hunt? Possible hunting of an animal maybe.

Also the Green Nail may only be one source of scrying possible for the Blauz to use. Are we sure the Green Nail and Blauz are allies?

Maybe we could see why the Blauz are traveling to Ishma. It could be possible there is a source of scrying there.

Again, forgive me if I am misinformed.

Wolfgang.

I do not believe the hunt is that of a beast. There was no suggestion of animals in the runes.

I do not believe that all three materials are required to kill a Green Nail.

I, broadly, agree with Melanie's view of the runes - I will advise against taking their meanings as set in stone, however. The events I saw have yet to come to pass and may not come to pass. I simply sought guidance as to a beneficial course of action.

One thing that I can think of that may conflict with Melanie's view is that in Forgetown we should visit a tavern. I do not know which, and I cannot say that were we to travel there we would get a blade forged. It may be that we can learn something by simply speaking to the tavern drunk who overheard a conversation there. It is wise to keep an open mind - There is some trap or some way we can hunt our foe, and visiting these three places will be beneficial to us. If we decide on what this benefit is we may blind ourselves to the greater opportunities that present themselves.

Uhtred

+Quote Post
Martinj
post Mar 23 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #26

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

I have some further information.

The Pravus still don't have access to scrying, but used the last potion they had from Kalin to find the third and eldest sister.

Ghillon Blass has access to the Plate and Ivory Warrior spells and has his Brazen Armour.

I gained no answer when scrying about Clanthail of the Twisted Mouth.

Only those loyal to the Circle and the Pravus know of the ritual components. The Pravus do not know the ritual, but a seer who can see the future may be able to divine the ritual itself.

I could not scry about the Green Nail directly, but she can be found at the Sunspear Hetyan camp in Ishma.

Our plans have not been betrayed to the Pravus or the Green Nail.

Some other snippets of information relating to Uhtred's casting of the runes:

Ioben's Mine in the Brandins, The Don't Drop Inn in Forgetown, the burial place of Berngrim in the Kasnian Swamps are all places the servants of the Ritter Pravus plan to go to obtain gold on Starsday before heading to Ishma.

I can scry a little more - but not much.

I need to think on this, and will discuss further. We will need to arange transport via the Circle to enable us to travel swiftly from place to place.

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Mar 23 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #27

Mercenary

Hopefully the scrying done by members of the Claws will give us the edge over the Ritter Pravvus as it seems they know where to find the Green Nail and possible locations of things needed to slay her. Maybe they seek to make their own weapon with which to threaten her with or prevent us from making such a weapon before they have completed their plans.

QUOTE(Martinj @ Mar 23 2010, 04:42 PM) *
The Pravus still don't have access to scrying, but used the last potion they had from Kalin to find the third and eldest sister.

I could not scry about the Green Nail directly, but she can be found at the Sunspear Hetyan camp in Ishma.

That would explain why the Blauz have been or are going to Ishma. Do we know how they are traveling to Ishma?

Wolfgang.

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Mar 23 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #28

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

I would recommend then that we attempt to lay traps or kill Blauz at each of the three places that the Pravus wish to get gold from. We can then proceed to this hetyn's camp to defeat both the Blauz Leaders and the Green Nail herself.

Uhthred

+Quote Post
Rob
post Mar 23 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #29

Legend

Member No.: 115

Ooc got my answers and they were relevant enough that I am sending this by blackberry from my hotel room so apologies for the short curt and lack of detail answers.
They should give you enough to form more questions and make a plan. I also apologise for lack of logical order to my replies

IC

Gentlemen

We DON'T go to the sunless. It is a bad plan.

It will take 5 runes to silence The Most Brilliant. His brightness can not be dispelled.

Clanthail is an ebony bronze mage with a knife who is usually disguised. He is heading to forgetown looking for gold.

The last Green Nail fled to Ishma at the fall of the mageocracies, she was young then. She need gold to harm, she can make potions of prophecy and resides
With the Harazan Hetyen

The Blauz seek gold, I am not sure why. We need to stop them where they seek it or have them stopped. If they are stopped
In all three places then The Most Brilliant (and I believe the spear) will be forced to go to Ishma where we can kill both him and the Green Nail

Forgetown - Clanthail, maybe some retainers, probably disguised as merchants, looking to buy gold and maybe have a weapon made.

Kasnian Swamp, there is an old folk tail about a golden knife that I can give you details off on Stars day. Someone should commune further to see if we need
To do anything here, my communications did say we did and its a needle in a haystack

Iobens mine is shored up. It has thralled dwarves present, a kessleharn ghost and his slaves, loose rocks, griffens,wardings and cursed gold in the way of dangers

We should go there and stop the Blauz, get the gold, remove its curse and have a craftsman waiting to make it in to a weapon. My master will speak to J who is an artisan
Known to work in gold.

So... I think that's all. Stop blauz getting gold, go to ishma, get lance, kill big blauz and green nail.

Regards

Andre
On behalf of a Magiarch Mistmore

--------------------

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Mar 24 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #30

Legend

Member No.: 190

Melanie Von Treir,

Did you not recieve my missive saying Count Shiwan Khan of the Cloud Way Court will be accumpanying you this Starsday?

He owns a gold mine within the Brandins, and within his court is an artificer skilled in forging Brandins metal into weapons.

Scheinder Vrekstein

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 24 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #31

Legend

Member No.: 472

Schneider,

I have so many elementals coming and going I sometimes find it difficult to keep track! I did indeed receive your missive although somehow managed to overlook it. We will make the Count as welcome as possible this Starsday.

Melanie

OOC: I somehow managed to read the OOC part of your e-mail and completely overlook the IC part...must have been busy at work that day :-)

Matt

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Mar 24 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #32

Legend

Member No.: 190

OOC: No worries buddy

Chris

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Mar 25 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #33

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

I thought I would let you know that I am intending to be present at this gathering. It has been a number of years since I have adventured out of Coris Mount, if I remember correctly the last time was with the Claws as well.

I have not been involved with this ritual before, but have been listening with interest to the discussions. I will be arriving a little after the appointed hour due to my current tasks finishing that morning, but I will be present

Wilhelm Volka

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:56 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins