IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Tbe trials - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tbe trials, Stories
Sarah
post Jan 26 2016, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 263

My most noble family,
Word has reached me of tbe great trials some of you have entered into, and i have heard various reports of challenges and outcomes. Then my family listen to the stories i tell and their outcomes and make your judgements, but when you do so, do so with conviction and confidence.

The pig thief
So two man came before the daimyo, one accusing the other of stealing his pig, the accused insists it is a lie and the pig is his. There are no markings on tbe pig to indicate ownership, there are no witnesses to help come to the truth. Thinking carefully, the daimyo said hmmm well then bring in the pig. Since neither of you can confirm the truth, i could assume you are both thieves and punish you accordingly, taking the right hand from each of you, he pauses to let this information sink in. The accused drops to his knees, my lord i grant the pig to the man who claims i am a thief but do not take my hand. The daimyo considers that a man who owned the pig would not give it up so lightly. His final decision ....

The pig is now mine, the accused shall lose his right hand, tbe accuser has lost his pig, either way the guilty party is punished

Note this is a story but it tells you the law on theives, but also shows you that sometimes you must simply make a decision on what you believe, and do so with confidence.

I will pass on a second story later
Lady Kili

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 27k
Tweegle - Jade crusader of Michael 15k (not a thief or a liar)
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 13k
Tetsu Ko - Chieftain raging bear tribe 9k
Lantolas - Paladin of frozen tiger tribe 2k
Ganbaru - Kensai of Chisana Nezumi clan 1.5k
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KatSables
post Jan 26 2016, 06:35 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 26

This Kili is a most excellent story.

Woodrow is representing Panama and he had taken the vow of a samurai. His dedication to the family is remarkable.

I shall speak to you privately about what happened - unfortunately the snake clan have failed and can not gain a seat next to the emperor. Woodrow is competing against Dansu the Damiyo of the Crane flame for this seat.

I am sure I speak for everyone when I wish Woodrow the best of luck. I have faith he can overcome anything.

Neko

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Jan 26 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Noble Family members,

I have thought for a long time and which of the many stories would help in the trials you face,

So here is a different type of story

Two brothers both perceiving themselves to be loyal, Brother 1 is asked if he will abide by his masters word whatever this means,
yes my Lord he replies.
Brother 2 is asked the same question, he pauses before speaking and says Yes my Lord as far as the law bids me.

The daimyo sits back and sighs..... so let us see....

Brother 1 approach, he is allowed to approach and the daimyo whispers in his ear, I command you kill your brother after I have spoken to Him....
Brother 2 approach, the brother approaches and leans forward, as the daimyo Speaks brother two thrusts a dagger into the Daimyo's chest,
a fatal blow... Brother 1 being loyal races forward and strikes his brother as he was commanded, his brother falls to the ground and says
I would have no other slay me for what a superior ordered me to do... and he slipped away..

After this Brother 1 commits Seppuku.

What do we learn from this tragic story.....
Loyalty - make sure you understand it and make sure you understand the Hierarchy you live within.
For here in this story Loyalty played a very very large role. Are you surprised to learn that all three were
loyal. I will allow you one extra piece of information from this story, which one does not find until they reach
the back of the book this is from .... The daimyo's last words to brother 2 'do not be afraid this must be done'

A Samurai's life is like the cherry blossom, both beautiful and short
Lady Kili
I will be watching but I cannot interfere in the trials to come

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Jan 26 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Grettings Lady Neko,

Yes we shall speak of these matters very very soon, Woodrow's actions speak clearly of his dedication, and of his honour
and whatever the outcome all shall remember his courage. Lady Dansu does her clan honour by entering this trial too.

It for me is most frustrating that I cannot directly aid Woodrow by being present at the actual trials in which Woodrow partakes,
but I cannot, meddling during the trial would be frowned upon, however it does not mean I cant help Woodrow study for the next
part.

I look forward very much to speaking to you,
I am making my way from the heavens as we speak..someone somewhere keeps communing and I am sure its all
being pushed my way today...causing delay in my departure

Lady Kili

QUOTE(KatSables @ Jan 26 2016, 06:35 PM) *
This Kili is a most excellent story.

Woodrow is representing Panama and he had taken the vow of a samurai. His dedication to the family is remarkable.

I shall speak to you privately about what happened - unfortunately the snake clan have failed and can not gain a seat next to the emperor. Woodrow is competing against Dansu the Damiyo of the Crane flame for this seat.

I am sure I speak for everyone when I wish Woodrow the best of luck. I have faith he can overcome anything.

Neko

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:03 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins