IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
To my Brothers and Sisters in faith, with love - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To my Brothers and Sisters in faith, with love
Will
post Aug 29 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

To my dearest friends, and my family in faith,

I have been compelled, by those I respect most and by my own faith, to speak openly about my wish to stand up and serve as the High Priest of our Church.

I am Tirama Eseyar, brother of Sue. I have travelled amongst the Mercenary community for some 13 years, often in the background doing that which needs to be done, tending to those who need our aid, but very actively in the past year facing the challenges of faith and direction that comes with such situations.

My stance on recent events within our Church has been clear, but I want to be explicit on my personal faith. The Church of Shaehan is made up of a wonderful and vibrant collection of individuals, each choosing to follow their personal values and interpretations of our Ladies Teachings. This brings us strength, and keeps us relevant, support for the life in this world and a shield against the dark that sometimes threatens to be overwhelming.

My faith is not the same as your faith, and I do not presume to judge your own actions, excepting that they always hold life as the highest of priorities. Sometimes, in fact sadly often in this world life is taken from those who would seek to bring death to others. We accept that there is a greater good at work in this, but we must not be the ones to enact or make such decisions, for it undermines that which we seek to embody and represent in this world, and to the people we aid. The arena of death and pain is not one that we belong in, saving our efforts to ensure that we cure the wounds we can, and ease the pain of those in suffering.

She is also forgiveness and mercy, and we are mostly but fallible mortals. We make mistakes, our judgement is not perfect, and should anyone seek forgiveness, truly, in their hearts, through their words and deeds, then forgiveness should be theirs. The world is dark enough without holding on to anger and resentment. To bring someone back into light is the most beautiful of gifts. Were I to be granted the privilege of serving in this manner, there would be no active campaign of looking back to seek punishment of previous wrongs, or alter the judgements that have gone before, but to look forward in strengthening and spreading our faith and love of life.

I have spoken, amongst many others, with Logros and we have also come up with another proposal, though I have had much feedback that such an idea would not be considered by all to be in the best interests of the Church. If it pleases Her more, we would offer to share the position, with myself serving in the Winter months, and Logros serving in the summer. We felt between us we could provide an even better support for the faithful, and a stronger still platform from which to aid others, two heads usually being better than one.

That said, I understand if this is not the path that others see for the faith, and regardless of the outcome, I would seek to work with Logros, indeed anyone who desires to lend their wisdom and strength to the future of this church.

My personal vision for our future is simple. We have been strong and known throughout decades, in one form or the other. Our history is rich and splendid. Yet in our recent history there has been a step back. A diminishing of our presence amongst the community as our strong leadership has, rightly and fairly, taken a longer and firmer place by Her side. But this has left those left behind without the strength Latona and previously Torwin gave us so directly. Indeed, the first restoring to life I ever performed was witnessed by both. As a group of those faithful to Shaehan we have performed exceptionally, and remained strong. But let us now move forward to remain strong together, more unified, more supported, more clear on our path and embody the faith that we love more keenly than ever.

Let me walk by your side, in faith and reality. Let me guide you as you will undoubtedly help to guide me.

And let light and love, mercy, charity and peace be within all our hearts, forever and always.

Thank you

Tirama Eseyar, Brother of Sue

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Naga
post Aug 29 2014, 11:06 AM
Post #2

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

I have always welcomed the bond that the Snake Clan and The Church of Sheahan have shared.

From my times travelling with Torwin, Haruld and yourself I have found the council that you all have provided me to be balanced and with the mercy of those of the lands that you walk at it's heart. I wish you luck with this new path that you walk down and you will always you have the support and Loyalty of the Snake Clan and I look forward to meeting you again. I must also thank you for the support that you gave those dealing with the Oni of Rebirth as I was unable to deal with this personally.

Lord Naga Yusaki
Daimyo of the Snake Clan
Guardian of the Shadowlands

+Quote Post
john
post Aug 29 2014, 11:14 AM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 143

Having travelled with Tirama upon extended adventures defending cottages found him to be steadfast in his faith, unwavering in his loyalty to Shaehan. Always there when his companions needed him, spreading the message of love. His love and kindness showed no bounds when we adventured together, I believe him to be a great candidate for this honourable position.

Asahina Onasumi, Defender of the Crane Clana

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Aug 29 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 155

I consider Tirama's suggestion of the shared position of High Priest as being an idea of merit. Shaehan is, after all, the combination of two parts herself.

From what I have heard from those he has travelled with Tirama is an ideal candidate to fulfil his half of the position.

Lord Naga Yusaki Sama's endorsement further strengthens my regard for Tirama. The Snake Clan do not give their regard trivially.

Haruld.

+Quote Post
AndrewBucknell
post Aug 29 2014, 12:26 PM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 95

I have spent some considerable time with Tirama this year and have come to not only value him as an expert healer but also someone whose opinions carry much value and relevance. Too often a Shaehan priest can be thrust to the back of a party of adventurers and called forth when some warrior is in need of healing. This has never been the place of Tirama. He seems to be very close to his deity, in fact he seems to spend a significant portion of his time by her side! I can only assume that he has special quarters in Haven!

More than his faith and his advice I consider Tirama to be a very good friend.

I look forward to his visits back to our lands and hope that his skills in carrying the administrative burdens from Haruld are not modest.

He is always welcome in the city of Tatsu

Yuurei
Daimyo Phoenix Dragon clan.

+Quote Post
MichelleBucknell
post Aug 29 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #6

Nightsoil

Member No.: 1,961

Tirama my brother

Having heard nothing but good of you I hope that you are successful in your quest to take up this difficult mantle.
Now where has my lacky gone? Damn useless being!!

Elsie H Majius
Kindness by teaching them manners

+Quote Post
post Aug 29 2014, 06:06 PM
Post #7

Group:
Member No.: 0

I am not sure about split leadership! I'm not sure it will be a good thing for our faith.

I have only meet Tirama once (I think) and I have never meet Logros! Could you tells us a bit about yourself, Logros?

Thanks
Tirack

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Aug 29 2014, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Hero

Member No.: 1,355

Tirama

During our time in the East you were a shining beacon of light and love. You healed the sick and injured, whether they were blessed with vitae or not. Your skills with the Restore Life miracle were fantastic and you devotion to your loving ritual for this was always evident. I am honoured to have been able to hold candles and speak for my fallen brethren.
You were always willing to stand up and question customs where lives were seemingly taken from those of lower caste. You showed great humility when you learnt that even your wisdom could not sway the actions of some.
You must have your Lady's blessing, as she gave you the power to restore so many of us back to life over such short periods of time.
You also give a mean back massage!
I hope you become High Priest of Shaehan. The other priests of your order could learn so much under your direction.

I do not know Logros, but if you hold him in high esteem, he must be quite a priest too.

With love in my heart

Godric Snowsson
Ice Mana Knight

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Warrior/Wizard/Warrior Priest - 7.8k
Ginkgo Panama - Kensai/Warrior Priest - 4.9k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 663pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk - 1.9k
Coconut (aka ‘Dead Ogre Walking’)- Half Ogre Warrior - 4k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
KatSables
post Aug 29 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 26

Firstly I would like to apologise for the intrusion, not very like me to wonder into Churches I am not a member of.

I follow the faith of Zerone.

Tirama, my dear friend.

I will never forget the last few hours of my first life spent with you under the oak tree.

Your wisdom and kind words restored a part of my honour.

I read your scripture you gave me every morning with morning exercise for cut the wind and holy upper cut.

You have my full support and I look forward to sharing some panama pimms and woodrows cooking to celebrate you new position.

Hai
Neko Panama

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Will
post Aug 29 2014, 10:42 PM
Post #10

Legend

Dearest Neko,

Navigating the complexities of your decision to commit Sepuku were perhaps the most challenging moments of my life, and I thank Haruld in particular for the guidance he showed me. It was my honour to be able to ensure that, given I could not sway you from your path, those last moments were as full of love and peace as possible. I am pleased to see that you have turned on the wheel so speedily.

And to all, it has moved me deeply to hear so many words of support and love from within and outside the faith. We are a Church that has always been a part of the entire community, and a position of serving within our faith impacts all, not just those who follow Her light.

I am happy to have had the privileged of being a part of your lives.

Tirama Eseyar, Brother of Sue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheOG
post Aug 30 2014, 01:50 AM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 964

Many I know applaud Tirama. Rightly so.

Can you call a Shaehan Priest an army?
Possibly appropriate for a man I have met once.
This army forged forward and acted on principles and
Did not stray from that course, at all.

And faced with the horror of peons, mastered; was able to race ahead
Of me in excorsising his share before my final scroll became dust.
That alone suggests a worthy future incumbent of high status within
The church he loves dearly.

Ash and Dust of Stars

--------------------
Mark V, Aka OG.

Making Middle-age look easy since 2003
Bet you wish your girlfriend was hot like me..

don’t chaaaa!

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 31 2014, 05:37 AM
Post #12

Mercenary

Member No.: 263

Greetings,

Long is it since I have ventured forth in the name I so willingly follow, and many changes have I seen, I do not think our Light is fading, it is merely glimmering in the background, ready to shine forth as and when needed.
I knew Torwin more than Latona, and am well versed in the past of the faith. It is clear to me that times change and we must adapt to such circumstances to allow us to continue. Let us not forget that all of us have made errors and decsions we may later regret, for we are simple Mortals in the most and have much to learn. I can only go with what I have heard or read through others, and I will back a move to appoint a new leader of the faith, whether that be two people working together or not. However I will not sit in judgement on another who has served the faith, I will only forgive and hope that their Path leads them well in the future.

I am Mill,
Be well all

QUOTE(Will @ Aug 29 2014, 11:36 AM) *
To my dearest friends, and my family in faith,

I have been compelled, by those I respect most and by my own faith, to speak openly about my wish to stand up and serve as the High Priest of our Church.

I am Tirama Eseyar, brother of Sue. I have travelled amongst the Mercenary community for some 13 years, often in the background doing that which needs to be done, tending to those who need our aid, but very actively in the past year facing the challenges of faith and direction that comes with such situations.

My stance on recent events within our Church has been clear, but I want to be explicit on my personal faith. The Church of Shaehan is made up of a wonderful and vibrant collection of individuals, each choosing to follow their personal values and interpretations of our Ladies Teachings. This brings us strength, and keeps us relevant, support for the life in this world and a shield against the dark that sometimes threatens to be overwhelming.

My faith is not the same as your faith, and I do not presume to judge your own actions, excepting that they always hold life as the highest of priorities. Sometimes, in fact sadly often in this world life is taken from those who would seek to bring death to others. We accept that there is a greater good at work in this, but we must not be the ones to enact or make such decisions, for it undermines that which we seek to embody and represent in this world, and to the people we aid. The arena of death and pain is not one that we belong in, saving our efforts to ensure that we cure the wounds we can, and ease the pain of those in suffering.

She is also forgiveness and mercy, and we are mostly but fallible mortals. We make mistakes, our judgement is not perfect, and should anyone seek forgiveness, truly, in their hearts, through their words and deeds, then forgiveness should be theirs. The world is dark enough without holding on to anger and resentment. To bring someone back into light is the most beautiful of gifts. Were I to be granted the privilege of serving in this manner, there would be no active campaign of looking back to seek punishment of previous wrongs, or alter the judgements that have gone before, but to look forward in strengthening and spreading our faith and love of life.

I have spoken, amongst many others, with Logros and we have also come up with another proposal, though I have had much feedback that such an idea would not be considered by all to be in the best interests of the Church. If it pleases Her more, we would offer to share the position, with myself serving in the Winter months, and Logros serving in the summer. We felt between us we could provide an even better support for the faithful, and a stronger still platform from which to aid others, two heads usually being better than one.

That said, I understand if this is not the path that others see for the faith, and regardless of the outcome, I would seek to work with Logros, indeed anyone who desires to lend their wisdom and strength to the future of this church.

My personal vision for our future is simple. We have been strong and known throughout decades, in one form or the other. Our history is rich and splendid. Yet in our recent history there has been a step back. A diminishing of our presence amongst the community as our strong leadership has, rightly and fairly, taken a longer and firmer place by Her side. But this has left those left behind without the strength Latona and previously Torwin gave us so directly. Indeed, the first restoring to life I ever performed was witnessed by both. As a group of those faithful to Shaehan we have performed exceptionally, and remained strong. But let us now move forward to remain strong together, more unified, more supported, more clear on our path and embody the faith that we love more keenly than ever.

Let me walk by your side, in faith and reality. Let me guide you as you will undoubtedly help to guide me.

And let light and love, mercy, charity and peace be within all our hearts, forever and always.

Thank you

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 27k
Tweegle - Jade crusader of Michael 15k (not a thief or a liar)
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 13k
Tetsu Ko - Chieftain raging bear tribe 9k
Lantolas - Paladin of frozen tiger tribe 2k
Ganbaru - Kensai of Chisana Nezumi clan 1.5k

+Quote Post
CPezet
post Aug 31 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 116

Usa friends,

While my understanding of politics is not that great, I know that the strength of any guild is from its members and the bonds of friendship that they share. Anyway I though I would come in case the bit of Gysmo that is in me wished to make its voice heard.

Kreeark

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Aug 31 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 574

My you seem to have brought an entourage Tirama!

I think you a worthy candidate but fear the decision will lie with our retiring high priest, certainly as someone known to the mercenary community and one with required level of sound judgement and compassion I would hope you are succesful in achieving all you wish.

As for splitting the role I fear it doesn't do our Mistress or Church any good splitting her voice to the world.

In Peace

Reason

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Aug 31 2014, 11:34 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 111

Tirama has my respect and support if Shaehan and enough others don't believe that sharing the leadership is a good thing. My thinking was much along the lines of what Haruld has mentioned; she is the sum of two parts and is the stronger and better for it. There is somewhat of a precedent for this also, if you consider the fashion with which Torwin became celestial high priestess and Latona high priestess in the past.

As for myself, since some have asked, I will try and explain as briefly as I can who I am. I would prefer to talk in person, rather than such a medium as this, but I will do my best.

I have seen so much death and war and the suffering it causes and believe it is my duty to ease the suffering of the wounded, heal those in pain and seek to ease the strife that such actions cause. I grew up in Legend, some years before and most recently during the recent conflict and struggle. During my former lives I will say honestly that in my first two I was not a man of peace. The blind fury raged within me and there was a great deal of blood on my hands. I have witnessed first hand the pain it is to take life after life, to look one day at ones hands clean as they are and see nothing but stains of blood and scars deep within ones soul. It has been three lifetimes and three turnings on the wheel since that day and since I last took a life and it still haunts me.

Since that time, Shaehan and who she was before the namers, aided me. I followed her teachings and sought to walk in her stead. In many ways it was strange to return to Primus knowing that in Legend it had been hundreds of years and then fifty lost and never been, yet on Primus it had been perhaps ten or twenty at most.

I believe that my experiences have led me to the place I am today and that those experiences, while not unique, are a great aid in remembering just what we strive to achieve and why the teachings of our Goddess are so important within this world of so much conflict. There has been blood on my hands, but I am not the same man I was then, I have not the same flesh & blood, but I have the same memory and day after day those memories keep me strong, remind me of my mortality and of the importance and sacro-sanctity of all life.

Logros Wetherlaine

+Quote Post
Will
post Aug 31 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #16

Legend

Logros,

Our experiences define us. In some ways perhaps, with such knowledge you understand better than many of us the pain in this world, and the place our faith has in easing such sufferings.

Thank you for sharing such an intimate account of your history. I am honoured to hear it, and I hope you continue to find peace.

Tirama Eseyar, Brother of Sue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sep 1 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #17

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Sep 1 2014, 12:34 AM) *
Tirama has my respect and support if Shaehan and enough others don't believe that sharing the leadership is a good thing. My thinking was much along the lines of what Haruld has mentioned; she is the sum of two parts and is the stronger and better for it. There is somewhat of a precedent for this also, if you consider the fashion with which Torwin became celestial high priestess and Latona high priestess in the past.

As for myself, since some have asked, I will try and explain as briefly as I can who I am. I would prefer to talk in person, rather than such a medium as this, but I will do my best.

I have seen so much death and war and the suffering it causes and believe it is my duty to ease the suffering of the wounded, heal those in pain and seek to ease the strife that such actions cause. I grew up in Legend, some years before and most recently during the recent conflict and struggle. During my former lives I will say honestly that in my first two I was not a man of peace. The blind fury raged within me and there was a great deal of blood on my hands. I have witnessed first hand the pain it is to take life after life, to look one day at ones hands clean as they are and see nothing but stains of blood and scars deep within ones soul. It has been three lifetimes and three turnings on the wheel since that day and since I last took a life and it still haunts me.

Since that time, Shaehan and who she was before the namers, aided me. I followed her teachings and sought to walk in her stead. In many ways it was strange to return to Primus knowing that in Legend it had been hundreds of years and then fifty lost and never been, yet on Primus it had been perhaps ten or twenty at most.

I believe that my experiences have led me to the place I am today and that those experiences, while not unique, are a great aid in remembering just what we strive to achieve and why the teachings of our Goddess are so important within this world of so much conflict. There has been blood on my hands, but I am not the same man I was then, I have not the same flesh & blood, but I have the same memory and day after day those memories keep me strong, remind me of my mortality and of the importance and sacro-sanctity of all life.

Logros Wetherlaine

Thanks you for telling us a bit about you Logros.

But as you said I think these things are best sorted in person!

Tirack

+Quote Post
darkrule233
post Sep 1 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #18

Hero

Member No.: 2,240

Dear members of the church of Shaehan,
I do apologise for intruding on the matter of your church however I feel as though my statement needs to be heard.
I have traveled many times with Tirima and have seen the wonders that he can perform. A truely honest gentlemen that always works hard at what he does.
It has always been an honorable experience when I've been in the presence of Tirima and it's a true blessing to call him a friend.

Jacob
Priest of the stars.

--------------------
Callum Kenney

Known to play:
Kassadin - tryst pure priest
Argonic - frost giant warrior (smurf)
Jacob - human pure priest
Yomi Kodama Panama - Tea Maker
Myrion - vacuum specialist

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Sep 1 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 111

This is not a dig at Tirama, but I strongly feel that the matter of who is our high priest should be a matter solely for those of our faith to discuss. While having a number of others provide support and character reference is no bad thing in general, I'm uncomfortable with its appropriateness in this matter. I would not want the matter of high priest to simply devolve into a popularity contest among the wider mercenary community. It is far too important for that.

Logros

+Quote Post
Will
post Sep 1 2014, 02:41 PM
Post #20

Legend

I am indeed very flattered and humbled at the number of mercenaries outside our faith, as well as within, who have shown their support. It was unexpected but welcome.

The decision will ultimately not fall on any of our shoulders, but as I have said previously, the work and love of our faith touches the furthest and closest corners of our existence, and the impact of this sacred duty will resonate around the world, in ways that few others would.

Yes, the decision rests only in the light of Her eyes, rightly and absolutely so. But as Her light has touched so many through us, let them not be swayed from recognising that peace. Shows of support and love serve only as good wishes, not votes.

In love

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:49 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins