IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Mortai Inner Sanctum - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mortai Inner Sanctum, Posts on this Thread are privey to members of this church only..
ethuil
post Sep 15 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Plot Dump NPC

Group: Members
Member No.: 495

Original Topic: "People to look out for"

Greetings all.

I have in the past days been on an outing with the Frontline guild, and in doing so journeyed with a man who caused great concern to myself, and the Baroness Fiona Winterhaven with whom I travelled. As well as reporting on him to you I thought it would be best if we garnered a list of those people who we suspect to be dealing with bringing the Undead onto this plane. I regret that I did not slay this man, though there were several reasons that will become obvious as I explain his identity.

His name is Jeroth the Thief Taker, and he is the Guild Sire of the Bounty Hunters. At multiple times during the day, the Baroness noted several varying Undead spirits within him. Additionally, we believe him to have caused a mass paralysis on both some attackers and the party, putting several of the party in danger. I also detected mana within him, so it is likely that he has more at his disposal than just the Spirits. Despite our frequent requests that he cease this action, he continued, and we have no way of knowing that this was the extent of his abilities. I do not know if he is capable of lying to even the Divine, but an Elbrethian Paladin who travelled with us also said that he had spoken with the Lady of the Stars and that She did not believe this man to be lying about not wishing to take the Undead spirits into his body.

There are two reasons that this man walks alive this day: firstly, that he was not outlawed, and so I stayed my hand out of respect to the two nobles of House Winterhaven with whom I travelled. Secondly, another Priest, Tirac of our sister-Lady Shaehan, explained that he would therefore be forced to stand between myself and Jeroth should I take arms against him. Further to this, the Baroness believed that Jeroth would be too great a task for us to take down on our own, and therefore requested that we deal with this outside of our particular journey.

I bring you now this information that we might glean more, and find out if this man is truly bringing Undead spirits into this Plane willfully. If he is, I suggest that we endeavour to re-educated him. He is not an outlaw and therefore we should endeavour to rehabilitate him if at all possible. That said, if he refuses, I am as I said to the Baroness prepared to be arrested for his death if the Church believe it necessary.

I am, as always, in His service.

Eliane Maelstacia

--------------------
- Rebecca
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Sep 18 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

I am looking forward to meeting with you all when we gather in Alguz in a couple of weeks time.

As it seems the Church will be going back to aid Alguz again, could someone provide a little information about exactly happened on that outing. Obviously any information on the types of undead creatures that you met may well give us an idea of any provisions to bring with us this time

Elryyd

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
post Sep 24 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

Greeting Eliane,

I hope you are well?

I think that we as a church should acquire some communication scrolls for just this reason.

This man seems to me to have called on undead spirits and attacked his own companions. I believe that he deserves to be freed from this affliction and the church will support you if such happens again. I will however discuss this more with you on Starday coming.

However with this Priest of Shaehan standing in your way there would be little you could do! Unless able to get to Jeroth at an opportune moment? We should do all within our powers to stop any who call on undead spirits to aid them!

In protection
Lithmore
Guild Sire of Mortai

(OOC: Finding this quite hard as I am said priest!)

QUOTE(ethuil @ Sep 15 2008, 08:04 PM) *
Greetings all.

I have in the past days been on an outing with the Frontline guild, and in doing so journeyed with a man who caused great concern to myself, and the Baroness Fiona Winterhaven with whom I travelled. As well as reporting on him to you I thought it would be best if we garnered a list of those people who we suspect to be dealing with bringing the Undead onto this plane. I regret that I did not slay this man, though there were several reasons that will become obvious as I explain his identity.

His name is Jeroth the Thief Taker, and he is the Guild Sire of the Bounty Hunters. At multiple times during the day, the Baroness noted several varying Undead spirits within him. Additionally, we believe him to have caused a mass paralysis on both some attackers and the party, putting several of the party in danger. I also detected mana within him, so it is likely that he has more at his disposal than just the Spirits. Despite our frequent requests that he cease this action, he continued, and we have no way of knowing that this was the extent of his abilities. I do not know if he is capable of lying to even the Divine, but an Elbrethian Paladin who travelled with us also said that he had spoken with the Lady of the Stars and that She did not believe this man to be lying about not wishing to take the Undead spirits into his body.

There are two reasons that this man walks alive this day: firstly, that he was not outlawed, and so I stayed my hand out of respect to the two nobles of House Winterhaven with whom I travelled. Secondly, another Priest, Tirac of our sister-Lady Shaehan, explained that he would therefore be forced to stand between myself and Jeroth should I take arms against him. Further to this, the Baroness believed that Jeroth would be too great a task for us to take down on our own, and therefore requested that we deal with this outside of our particular journey.

I bring you now this information that we might glean more, and find out if this man is truly bringing Undead spirits into this Plane willfully. If he is, I suggest that we endeavour to re-educated him. He is not an outlaw and therefore we should endeavour to rehabilitate him if at all possible. That said, if he refuses, I am as I said to the Baroness prepared to be arrested for his death if the Church believe it necessary.

I am, as always, in His service.

Eliane Maelstacia

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Feb 23 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #4

Plot Dump NPC

Good day, fellow warriors.

It is with great concern that I address you this day. As you may have heard at large in the mercenary community, it would seem that with the Final Dawn, Alguz - home to our Lord's Temple - has passed from the Realm of Glass into the Realm of Heaven.

I for one am not prepared to accept the sacred home of this Church's worship to be under the domain of another Divine, be they of good heart or no. I suggest we make immediate plans to move the temple to another city within Labyrinthia.

Should the High Priest not wish this I shall personally see a shrine raised outside of the bounds of Talthar's realm so that those who do not wish to worship within His land are able to do so.

In Service I Remain,

Eliane Maelstacia
Mortai's Champion

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
TimDallen
post Feb 23 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #5

Heldsman

Member No.: 55

Eliane,
Father Lithmore has been rather busy recently so I shall pen a quick reply in his absence.
I believe the shrine in Alguz was merely the first of many such shrines being built. I know I have recently seen to one being built in Halgar.
Father Lithmore plans to build across the empire so the creatures of undeath can know our presence grows to thwart them.
Alguz is merely a place amongst many.
Kind regards,

Kristane Winterhaven

QUOTE(ethuil @ Feb 23 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Good day, fellow warriors.

It is with great concern that I address you this day. As you may have heard at large in the mercenary community, it would seem that with the Final Dawn, Alguz - home to our Lord's Temple - has passed from the Realm of Glass into the Realm of Heaven.

I for one am not prepared to accept the sacred home of this Church's worship to be under the domain of another Divine, be they of good heart or no. I suggest we make immediate plans to move the temple to another city within Labyrinthia.

Should the High Priest not wish this I shall personally see a shrine raised outside of the bounds of Talthar's realm so that those who do not wish to worship within His land are able to do so.

In Service I Remain,

Eliane Maelstacia
Mortai's Champion

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Feb 23 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

The Remus Hills are somewhat traditional. Come to think of it, there may even still be one there (near to the place where Torwin ressurected the worship of Shaehan). Thats where I always think of as the home of the church, anyway.

Garath Vaine
Knight of Skylove

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Feb 23 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 98

Can i request that where ever we build or shrines and temples that there is at least one tavern with in a primal heart beats walk....

just a thourght.

Fred.

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Feb 23 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #8

Plot Dump NPC

If this is indeed the plan, then I apologise for the commotion. It would be good to hear of the plans for future expansion so that I can avoid making a fool of myself from now on.

I would especially like to know if there are plans for an actual temple. I think Garath's suggestion of a location is a fine idea.

Eliane

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
post Feb 23 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #9

Group:

Greetings All,

This is an important matter Eliane, I agree that we need to build our main temple outside of Alguz with this recent change.
And The Remus Hills as a home sounds ideal. I will see if I can find time to have a look and see what is left of old temples there. Thank you Garath.
(OOC: Where are they?)

We will leave the temple in Alguz where it is, as to remove it would be unfair to those still loyal to Mortai in Alguz. Ideally we will raise shrines to Mortai in all the cities of the Empire and anywhere else we can, as to spread the word of Mortai can only be a good thing. As Kristane has ready said!

Anyone who is able to assist in building shrine and temple, please contact me as Kristane and I have some funds available.

Oh and I will try Fred!!! smile.gif

In Protection
Lithmore
Guild Sire of Mortai

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Feb 24 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #10

Arch-Enemy

From the window of the tavern in my village, you can see straight across the pond and into the little shrine next to which I built my house...

I'm afraid I'm absolutely no use in building shrines and temples and so forth but I could lend a hand in more genral ways I suppose.

Garath

(OOC; the temples I'm talking about predate HotE so chances are Alan would have no idea what you wwere talking about, but he might go with it, who knows? I'm not really interested in playing HotE regularly but I could be convinced to put in the odd turn here and there)

--------------------

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Feb 24 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 472

I for one would be unhappy to deconstruct the temple to Mortaiin Alguz. I have received a divine edict from my Lord Mortai and from the city spirit of Alguz demanding that I protect the city and it's temple dedicated to our Lord. I will ensure that the temple remains safe and divine.

Teldor

+Quote Post
post May 7 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #12

Group:

In other news:
Someone more mouthy then me probably ought to get a word in about this new Thimon bylaw.

Francis
[the other one]

+Quote Post
MattJ
post May 9 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #13

Legend

Francis,

I find the law to be utterly disgusting but I have allowed the laws of diplomacy to guide my reply, attacking only part of the law where I actually find the whole thing to be abhorrent. What do you expect from a disgusting necromacer such as Kei-Ry though? I cannot believe that I once referred to that thing as brother.

Teldor

+Quote Post
Jasper
post May 10 2010, 07:56 AM
Post #14

Arch-Enemy

Greetings all

Can I suggest that we continue to refrain from public comment upon the situation in Thimon and the Empire as a whole? There are wheels in motion but nothing can be gained by incendiary discussions. Can I also suggest that we simply do not go to Thimon for the time being? There are plenty of zombies elsewhere upon Primus.

kind regards
Garath

--------------------

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Nov 1 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

Brothers and Sisters,

I have both sad and glad tidings.

I attended the gathering recently to raise funds for the Port Miere refugees, and whilst there I organised a charity raffle which I am glad to announce raised over 85,000 grulls for those displaced by the invasion of that city.

Whilst there, however, I ran into Nadrial. You may recall that Nadrial was the very minor liche which I removed from its corpse some time ago. I was initially glad to see that he had been returned on the Wheel, but was later saddened to hear that not only had he been returned in a state of undeath, but has has already performed rituals to bind his undead spirit to Primus and once again work on his path of lichdom, and as such I have failed in my attempts to purify the body inhabited by this evil and unclean spirit. I gather that the rites he has performed to date are minor and very weak, but he continues to take shelter behind imperial position and looks to grow stronger.

I apologise to you all for having failed to return his spirit to the light, and I pray that Mortai will give me the opportunity to right this failing in the future.

Yours in Service,
Harrison

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
post Mar 11 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #16

Group:

QUOTE(Lilley @ Mar 11 2012, 07:59 PM) *
Let it be known that on this day 11th March House Athanyn wishes to formerly announce that the former Great Noble House of Thyrll, brought low by Kesselharn, is once again reunited with our glorious Empire. From this day forth House Thyrll will be a vassal house to House Athanyn, it's families and members embraced with open arms.

We have discussed long and hard with the heads of House Thyrll, in respect of this, especially regarding some troubling issues within the Rest in past months. We have Oath bound assurances that all simulacra within the Rest have been removed and those people taken to form them returned to their families. I have been assurred that House Thyrll will take no action against the Empire and indeed that it's actions in recent years, while sometimes selfish and without regard to individual life, were often for the greater good. While they are not the actions that some of us might take, I cannot fault the plans behind the steps they took.

Historically many of the Noble Houses undertook somewhat dubious actions of subterfuge upon one another, or others of note, to gain influence and power. Times, to some extent, have changed and it is my strong belief that the heads of House Thyrll have come to realise this. They are willing and prepared to unweave a number of their ritual wards and rites and to provide significant and useful information on Myron and other threats, both concerning the Kesselharn loyal Highlands Houses and further afield.

For their and our safety there are some things I cannot disclose, but House Thyrll are in the process of compiling a dossier of information and in removing any simulacra, informants, agents and the like from all Empire lands. We have set a deadline of Moonsday 7th Mai for such a document to be compiled and for all such simulacra to have been removed. The leadership of House Thyrll is willing to be oath bound to have done so on that date and as such I am certain of their compliance. They genuinely and truly wish to be once again recognised as a Noble House and to lend their not inconsiderable resources to opposing the enemies of the Empire, which in many ways they have already done so.

It is for these reasons and our Houses's long and historical family ties, dating from IM 879 and earlier, that House Athanyn is proud to welcome House Thyrll as it's vassal.

Lord Gideon Athanyn

Greetings All,

I’m shocked (maybe I shouldn’t be, but I am!) that house Athanyn can ally itself so easily with a house that has been attacking the empire for so long!
I will not allow their allegiance to stop us attacking a group that has caused us so much trouble.

I feel we should act quickly and attack the House of Wax but I don’t wish to bring us into conflict with the rest of the empire! And a small part of me wishes to have any information they may be able to give us but actually I would much rather gain it from there fallen bodies.

Eliane can you contact some members of The Lady of the Stars and such and maybe we can ask for their assistance to deal with the House of Wax quickly??

In Protection
Lithmore
High Priest of Mortai

OOC: Huw when you free to ref a game??? smile.gif

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Mar 11 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 111

OOC: Not until mid-late May, I'm afraid. As I've got 3 dungeons and a themeday to ref before then. You might want to note that the day of the info deadline is the same as the May themeday date... wink.gif - Huw

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Mar 12 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #18

Mercenary

Member No.: 129

OOC - Is the recent proclamation an official statement supported by the Empire or something that only the House Athanyn has declared? I am guessing the statement would not have been made without offical backing. What I am trying to get at is if the House of Wax is now vasselled to Athanyn, is it offically protected by the laws of the empire?

If so, did the powers that be within the Empire scry to investigate the House of Wax's true intentions with this alliance? If not, are we as a church/or allies of the church able to do so?

QUOTE(Padallen @ Mar 11 2012, 08:43 PM) *
Greetings All,

I’m shocked (maybe I shouldn’t be, but I am!) that house Athanyn can ally itself so easily with a house that has been attacking the empire for so long!
I will not allow their allegiance to stop us attacking a group that has caused us so much trouble.

I feel we should act quickly and attack the House of Wax but I don’t wish to bring us into conflict with the rest of the empire! And a small part of me wishes to have any information they may be able to give us but actually I would much rather gain it from there fallen bodies.

Eliane can you contact some members of The Lady of the Stars and such and maybe we can ask for their assistance to deal with the House of Wax quickly??

In Protection
Lithmore
High Priest of Mortai

OOC: Huw when you free to ref a game??? smile.gif

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 12 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #19

Legend

OOC: Just as a heads up as I play both a House Athanyn character and Mortai Character I'm ging to steer well clear of the politics here as I don't want to clash with myself. I'll just go along with whatever's decided without sticking my oar in.

Matt

+Quote Post
post Mar 12 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #20

Group:

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Mar 11 2012, 10:21 PM) *
OOC: Not until mid-late May, I'm afraid. As I've got 3 dungeons and a themeday to ref before then. You might want to note that the day of the info deadline is the same as the May themeday date... wink.gif - Huw

Ok everyone needs to book onto the Theamday! smile.gif

QUOTE(AlanG @ Mar 12 2012, 01:45 PM) *
OOC - Is the recent proclamation an official statement supported by the Empire or something that only the House Athanyn has declared? I am guessing the statement would not have been made without offical backing. What I am trying to get at is if the House of Wax is now vasselled to Athanyn, is it offically protected by the laws of the empire?

If so, did the powers that be within the Empire scry to investigate the House of Wax's true intentions with this alliance? If not, are we as a church/or allies of the church able to do so?

They are really hard to scry about, we have first hand experience of this! sad.gif

Don't know about backing and not sure I care!! Just waiting for anyone to say something IC!!

QUOTE(MattJ @ Mar 12 2012, 03:53 PM) *
OOC: Just as a heads up as I play both a House Athanyn character and Mortai Character I'm ging to steer well clear of the politics here as I don't want to clash with myself. I'll just go along with whatever's decided without sticking my oar in.

Matt

Just come on a Mortai game as you House Athanyn character, we will give you a tour of the cradle and eveything!! smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:05 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins