IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Huge thanks for Myths - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Huge thanks for Myths
Netheril
post Aug 6 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,516

Just wanted to say a huge thx to all those who made the last week a really fun time. Huge amounts of effort from all the crew, and the party were just fantastic to be around. Some really interesting RP conflict and really felt kept on my toes all week, both in the horror combats but perhaps more importantly, deciding how Sirac would react to some quite tricky situations!

Special mentions have to go to Will and Sam for stepping in at quite late notice, and really making it work. To Damien, the human punchbag who was up for every role that was guaranteed to take a pummelling! Jack and Callum, despite their love of the hated staff and sword combo, were brilliant all week. Dhia was brilliant for the RP and atmosphere, especially as Maureen! So scary. tongue.gif

Richard Fromant, who needs to look up the definition of a drive by...it doesn't normally include circa 6 hours of driving just to come and help out for the late night sections! Unbelievable, and made for one of the scarier sections I did all week, was hugely appreciated.

Ben Moore, great attitude as a monster, was all about making things fun for the party. And yea loads of others, Ill just name everyone if I keep going cos they were all so good.

Any reports you may hear of Sirac having a slightly dark side are grossly exaggerated, and almost certainly the result of peoples overactive imaginations. Honest. tongue.gif

Anyway, yea was a great week, had so many great RP moments so as is traditional, here are some of my favourites:

1) The moot was amazing. It had the perfect combination of plot, sub plot, politics and last minute save the day decisions to be made...along with games, drinking and tribal shenanigans. Great to see an entire evening almost combat free, yet totally immersed.

2) The Gathen fight, was just silly how long Hermish went on in full plate armour after I'd fallen unconscious. One of the few times I got to just lie there and watch a fight that just never ended.

3) Sitting around the table with the Knights, talking things through. Was eye opening for Sirac, and love it when you feel your character developing outside of any plans you had made.

4) All the banter and competition between Sirac and Deviant. Though favourite moment was him turning up to kill Goldy. We were prepared for it, and I told Goldy to flee. Deviant cast a spell that would have killed him for transporting. I cast a spell that made it hit me instead. Sonny frowned at me, and instantly went "and thee, and thee, and thee" to try and make sure he got his kill. The look on his face was priceless when I told him those all hit me too. tongue.gif Not often that anyone wins a pts app battle with Sonny so Ill enjoy that one! tongue.gif

5) Sirac realising that Snuffy is a demon for the first time. Knew OOC ofc well before, but was just a really fun RP moment.

6) Shargot. Second year in a row Ive played a myths alongside John House, and absolutely love his characters. Totally different interactions both years for Sirac, but just know that he will push me and make me think. Really, really enjoy his RP, great character.

7) Ive got to put the entire party in. Shudder to think how many years of experience were in that party, but really showed with such a variety of characters and all with such depth. Really fun, and even if it being all tribal would have made things easier, I think it was actually more fun having the disparity and mixed party dynamic.

8) The knights argument with Still Clouds. Was perfect, IC and passionate but absolutely no OOC creeping in. All took it exactly right, and really had an impact on Sirac again.

9) Maureen the goblin assassin. Scary as hell, and so funny. And the awkward position Sirac found himself in, when making the decision to introduce Snuffy to the solution to a certain...problem. tongue.gif

10) All the build up to the Fey court. Made me care a lot about that section, and felt really crushed when it all fell apart. But the build up, and all Jack's little rp hooks for Jester and I...and others, were done really well.

11) Ok I cant deny it, I thoroughly enjoyed being evil ebony drave Sirac. Had a couple of months plotting behind it, was choreographed and worked exactly as intended, and I can only apologise to half the party that didn't know, but that just kept the reactions so genuine that it really, really worked. Was thoroughly worth running up and down that damn hill multiple times for the costume and make up changes! Just for the look on Hoz's face! smile.gif

Cheers,

Sean

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Aug 6 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 155

Adding my thanks!

One of the things I like about extended lengths is that you can make a difference. Various people did solo/small party sections to sort out problems that others in the party might never be aware of. So many hidden agendas & hidden deals. smile.gif (Mr House - soooo dodgy!)

Thank you to Jackie & Jenny for being great Mothers! You carried on despite not being able to understand what on earth we were all talking about most of the time.

Will and Sam - awesome plot and stats that kept us on our toes.... and sometimes on the ground.

Jack and Callum - great sections and deadly to fight. I hate the sword & staff combo as well - you are too good at it! smile.gif

Damien - loved you as watching Snake and also as the Village Elder. (I have your Tupperware box by the way.)
Ben - Gorbash Bloodsplatter came alive with your roleplay.
Derek - much too good with a bast*rd sword.
Tom - you run too fast!
Andy - can't get out of his old Abadon roleplay - always lurking for that surprise attack.
Dhia - Maureen was awesome. My favourite bit was my double bluff on your fey assassin. smile.gif
Fromum - much to good at playing an Elemental Lord on its own plane! Drive-by appreciated.
Various other drive-byes. Thank you!

A great week. Meeting old friends in character and making new ones. Awesome.

Tim.

+Quote Post
Githrel
post Aug 6 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #3

Peon

Member No.: 5,701

My thanks to the refs, mothers and monsters as well! You all went above and beyond to make this a fun and memorable event.

Here are a few of my favourite moments:

Pickle copying the actions of the invisible Maureen while she did her MOOT speech because he could perceive her due to wanderers’ hunch, almost killed me due to laughing uncontrollably!

The deathly silence after Ruin’s herald informed us that he would kill us all if I carried on playing the Kazoo! That stopped being fun very quickly!

The Puzzle Vaults – Completely impossible and frustrating but so much so that I became addicted to risking my life just to try and reach the mythical ROOM 10!

Still Clouds interesting interpretation of the rules of arm wrestling – Very much like a Donald Trump handshake… tongue.gif

Watching the savage unstoppable claw attacks of the Werewolf Shlucky, he seemed able to drop opponents that I couldn’t even effect! 😊

Evil Sirac! I knew what was happening and I couldn’t help but take a step back! tongue.gif
plus when Evil Clone Sirac turned up I was the first to meet him! Not fun!

Kurth the true Primal God with an answer for every unsolvable situation.

The corrupted Fey Realm – Great fun until we arrived…

Killing two monsters with 6pts… tongue.gif

Hermish the Unstoppable – If he’s a Rock then the hard place doesn’t stand a chance.

Sitting back and watching a true Ebony Lord, Deviant, winding up Sirac; showed how I must up my game on that front!

When Lug told the deaf me how he really felt! Love you too!

Pickle the Yo-Yo – he even returned for a tearful goodbye after he had left the wheel for the last time; he was also awesome in those rare moments when he was standing.

How I learnt my place when it came to the sneaky-stabby role from Dropum! My 10 blows didn’t equal his two!

Bubbles throwing unerringly into the faces of her targets but only if they are moving…

Umnar somehow exuding an aura of calm no matter how terrifying the situation became.

Having fun with Team Green, especially with my Fan!

Lying on my back out the front of Haven stargazing with a Goblin Sham-doctor in a rare moment of peace.

Rich Fromant! When he turned up for an evening appearance after 3 days and I felt like I was genuinely fighting a hasted opponent!

Everything to do with the Ork Chieftain of the Blood Crushers – My favourite Villain of the week. I even felt sorry for him when he ran off with his tail between his legs. 😊

The Moot proving via the Log Throw and the Arm Wrestling that Elf types are stronger than Ogres and Trolls!

Going back into battle alongside King Snuffy and Muttly after 20+ years!

My true friend Shank!

And Shargarot, I will be a King! wink.gif

--------------------
Jamie M.

Jester - Sidhe Skirmisher
Grael - Barbarian Bodyguard
Traylorn - Whitefire Warrior/Paladin/Warlock
Sidney - 1/2 Kobold Sneaky Type

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Aug 6 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 873

Has a fantastic week with some of my oldest and dearest of friends people that in 2019 will be 30 years of friendship.

Too many people to thank needless to say the refs and crew were great and pulled it out of the bag on such short notice not going to try to name them all.

Just a special thank you to Tim Treadwell who was so kind to always clear up after so many of us at the house.

I look forward to next year Myths the Michaeleans one that will hopefully be the end of the Ruin Campaign.

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Aug 6 2018, 11:00 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 155

Several people cleared up Hoz. Andy J was the bin-meister and Tim D probably matched me on mug washing. :-)

+Quote Post
jj420
post Aug 7 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,677

Well that was my first myths and I had an amazing time.
To the players you were great. I really appreciate how patient you all were with me when it came to rules and me having 0 clue. The roleplay was out of this world. Each and everyone of you helped make my event what it was.

The monsters. You were scary all the time and I loved that. Yet again thank you all for helping me as we went along.

Mothers. Omg I love food and I love you both smile.gif

Sam and Will. You are top blokes and made my first myths very special. I was lost for words in the d brief which is unusual lol.

I had to many great moments for me to try and type.

Much love all.

JJ

+Quote Post
Snuffy
post Aug 10 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #7

Peon

Member No.: 973

What an awesome effect. Like others have expressed, thanks to the refs and monsters and the mothers who kept us well fed throughout the week.

A few moments I’ve found myself remembering:

Sirac turning up and StillClouds accepting the Void. We had been concerned that he might have denied power the effect.

Shibberchook falling dead at stillclouds feet.

Bubbles firing missiles from the top of the house and missing in most instances. This did erode as the weekend went on with Sam getting hit squarely in the eye while monstering.

Bubbles playing the two instruments she had every time the herald appeared.

The moot and everthing about it.

Sirac finding out I had a demon inside me and sliding away from me with a strange look in his eyes.

Shank pulling out the big guns when we couldn’t effect a certain mob during one of the quests with the 3 boxes.

Walking off in the distance trying to find the gold witch doctor with Pickle,deviant, Muttley and Oggrod and hearing Still clouds and the other knights having a blazing argument over my actions.

Kurth managing to retrieve Hermish after we left the plane of air without him.

Eveyhrinf abojt ehenpmane of air, specifically the sever tree and the mass teleport rather than mass planeshift.

Kurth and Deviant managing to avoid Sirac dying due to the oath he had made by closing the portals.

Sonny’s face as the plan to kill the gold witch doctor failed due to Sirac absorbing his effects.

Shargrot being right about everything most of the time.

Having to resort to hiring an assassin to stop the moot from failing and we losing and the broken lands being destroyed.

Being given 3 bottles of minerals and vitamins, finding it difficult to walk, even falling backwards at one point, and them trying to extract a name from me when I knew that name would be killed. Bubbles had my back.

Unmar working with the Og’s fallen tribe so we didn’t have a greater challenge at the moot.

Fighting he dragon with my brother Mutley as shibberchook.

Pickle pulling it out of the bag literally when we where all going to die with the Jin.

Hermish showing me that he was brave and not afraid to join us when we knew smaller folk would be destroyed by the Fae Fourt.

Arriving at the Fae court and saying ‘let’s get outta here’ before anyone had moved.

Dropem dropping everything.

Lug being Lug and healing his [----] off and finding his element on the small party quests.

Deviant being Deviant and winding up Sirac for the whole week.

Banning communications and just getting on with what we needs to do.

Muttley my bloodbrother dying from a nasty assassin and shank finding the best policy was to join the drum banging group as I went nuts.

Chatting to Shargrot when I learnt he would perm die at the end of the adventure.

Finding pickles boot of final stand in the dragons clothes while skinning him.

Pickles magical bag of wonder which managed to get us out of difficult situations.

Listening to The boys snore at nighttime and considering killing them all in their sleep.

All the chaos that was present in the party until we got our mojo and started literally smashing through the list of things to do.

Ogrod fighting Sirac after Gorbash went down and the surprise on his face.

Jester telling everyone that his clone wasn’t actually a real clone and he was much harder in the flesh.

Shank, Shargrot, Bubbles and Pickle being goblins the whole weekend and the roleplay that came with it.

Ashalan and his ring of magical healing which he wasn’t afraid to use.

The debate around the table with the other knights of land about what we believed made a knight of the land.

The party on the last night after the moot.

StillClouds cheating during the arm wrestling.

Pickles and Hermish’s corpses laying at our feet as we realised we had achieved our goal but lost friends along the way.

Shargrot and I talking throughout the mission about alternatives.

The thrice the bane of our lives. Listening to everyone debate what we should do and saying we should roll a dice. That didn’t make sense so I just started attacking everything and watching everyone else stand there for a few moments not quite sure what to do.

and finally Pebbles, was he an elf Sniff and sense elf said he wasn’t.

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Aug 13 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #8

Heldsman

You guys are [----] at arm wrestling simples.

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post
TimDallen
post Aug 14 2018, 08:21 AM
Post #9

Heldsman

Member No.: 55

QUOTE(Saladin @ Aug 13 2018, 11:29 PM) *
You guys are [----] at arm wrestling simples.

Only one person cheated... Nuff said!
rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Aug 14 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #10

Heldsman

Feel free to watch what arm wrestling looks like in the real world.

https://youtu.be/gVANT2WcP5E

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:24 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins