IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Ref points n statuses - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ref points n statuses
post Jan 22 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Wotcha gang it's the baldy again. Got a thing I need explaining.

Say I ref pt a character to 8th as say a noble, but have a base class change I know that they both have to be the first bought right? But if the limit of MPs is 75 and I use that to get said class change do I get the benefits of the status as it has be chosen at character concept yet clearly haven't bough lvl one of the status yet?

I hope that rather convoluted thing makes sense and as always cheers in advance for any and all help.

Stay frosty.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jan 22 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 52

Status are not optional in the form of "Noble by X" taxes so must be the first thing purchased. Your class change would then need to be the 2nd thing you buy. If they don't fit into your 75pts then you'd have to wait to buy it standardly.

However ever if the class change states "must be the first thing purchased" you could probably get away with buy in then your tax with confirmation from Lee.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
post Jan 22 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #3

Group:

K so it does indeed say that. It also says 40 pt if with character points. But essentially give lee a cuddle and a compliment on his hair n hope for the best? 😂

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jan 22 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #4

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

QUOTE(Brucifer @ Jan 22 2017, 02:50 PM) *
But essentially give lee a cuddle and a compliment on his hair n hope for the best? 😂

This has been known to produce positive results smile.gif

J

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Kail
post Jan 23 2017, 06:28 AM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 644

Can your class change be bought with monster points? If it can do that when you make the character then spend the 75 points on your status.

Edd

+Quote Post
cripple
post Jan 23 2017, 08:57 AM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 686

i thought the rules were if you have multiple abilities that say they must be the first thing bought... you have to wait until you have the points to buy them all... so I'd say you cant spend any points until you have enough to buy both your rank 1 status and your class change.

Grant.

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
post Jan 23 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #7

Group:

Hmmm. Conflicting views. Think I'll go with the hug just in case. But many thanks to you all. 🤘

Edit: but if the class change applies from lvl 1 blah blah what about the status. In my tiny brain just trying to work out if the status applies similarly even though you still have to buy it which I get.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 23 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #8

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(cripple @ Jan 23 2017, 08:57 AM) *
i thought the rules were if you have multiple abilities that say they must be the first thing bought... you have to wait until you have the points to buy them all... so I'd say you cant spend any points until you have enough to buy both your rank 1 status and your class change.

Grant.

I'm 90% sure I randomly noticed that Lee had changed that so you pick one ability and buy it and buy the next one as soon as you can before anything else rather than having to save until you have enough points for all the abilities at once.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Jan 23 2017, 02:14 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 37

Thanks to the joys of the labyrinthe rule systems, both BBB and Grant are right...

In the Races book under Social Status it says:

An individual may select as many relevant status as they wish, but must purchase all of them upon obtaining a new table. If they have several
abilities they are required to buy then they may choose which they purchase first, but all must be purchased before any other abilities are.

But also under Peon it says:
This must be the first ability bought post 8th. If other abilities have been selected which must also be the first ability bought post 8th, then all must be purchased simultaneously, as long as they are not exclusive to each other

wacko.gif

But generally, I agree with BBB, am sure you can buy the abilities in any relevant order as the first set of abilities, as long as they don't say otherwise.

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
post Jan 23 2017, 02:42 PM
Post #10

Group:

Brilliant. That's what I was hoping for. Cheers everyone. 🤘

+Quote Post
post Jan 23 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #11

Group:

Brilliant. That's what I was hoping for. Cheers everyone. 🤘

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins