IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The insidious Crimson Knights - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The insidious Crimson Knights, Evil cult notice
BenG
post Apr 29 2019, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,995

My fellow Knights

I wanted to update you on the insurgency of an evil cult called the Crimson Knights who are endeavouring to bring demonic influence into this realm through the corruption of plants.

We were initially hired by a contact called Peter who had all the appropriate documentation to make the hire on behalf of the mayor of a village near Halgar who are renowned for their growing of plants and flowers.

We then met with the Mayor of the village, a fellow by the name of Brandt I believe who told us that a sword of power that was linked to the village and the ley-lines here had been stolen by an evil witch who had hidden it in a tomb not far from the village.

Due to the original paperwork all being in order, we accepted this quest at face value and we were asked to rescue the sword first before dealing with the witch and we duly set off to perform this task.

On the way to the tomb, we had to fight wolves and make our way past corrupted vines, dripping with poison. We had to break goodly magical and spiritual wards to enter the tomb of a tribal hero which in hindsight should have alerted us that something was strange but we pressed on.

After battling undead and solving a number of puzzles as well as dealing with spiritually mastered members of our own party (which I’m pleased to say was managed without bloodshed) we claimed the sword and headed back to the mayor. However, on our way out, an astute duellist member of our party had a hunch that something wasn’t right and spoke to the elementals in the shadows of the tomb who confirmed that nothing had passed the door in a very long time – so how could the sword have been hidden there?

When we made it back to the Mayor, we decided that we would rather hand the sword to the inquisition and he could claim it back from them but he grabbed the sword and vanished.

It turns out, he was the leader of the Crimson Knights and was using the sword to open a doorway to corrupt primus. We of course engaged to go and bring the cur to justice and had to battle past corrupted plants which spewed fire and poison and cure the village of the afflictions of disease, curse and poison that were empowering the plants and freed an angel who took over protection of the village.

Chasing the foul cultists to another village that they were in the process of corrupting, after a brutal yet glorious battle, we slew the cultists and used the sword to seal an opening into the demonic realm.

However, I have a feeling that this is not the last we will see of this nefarious cult so I would urge all my brothers and sisters to keep watch.

I finish my report with a plea. It became painfully obvious to me that despite my dedication to building my physical strength and being clad in the best armour, my defences against magic are pitiful and I’m in desperate need of some protection. Do any of my brother and sister knights have the ability to make me an item of magical protection and if so, please let me know the cost.

Many thanks

Rudy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Apr 29 2019, 11:25 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 446

Rudy

Thanks for the report - I will certainly look out for this cult

As to magical protections, you have a few choices:

1. Using either grulls or perhaps in return for your time, you can obtain a trinket of plate (s) a few times each day. I would estimate a stash of some 15,000 grulls would see you right or perhaps 3 days of your time (e.g. monster 3 days and use the monster points to get an item)

2. Permanent protections in the form magical armour is harder and you are likely only to get such with a significant endeavour, using much of your time (e.g. monster a theme day and get a monster point item of +2MAC)

I trust this helps

Ashog the White

+Quote Post
BenG
post Apr 29 2019, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Apr 29 2019, 12:25 PM) *
Rudy

Thanks for the report - I will certainly look out for this cult

As to magical protections, you have a few choices:

1. Using either grulls or perhaps in return for your time, you can obtain a trinket of plate (s) a few times each day. I would estimate a stash of some 15,000 grulls would see you right or perhaps 3 days of your time (e.g. monster 3 days and use the monster points to get an item)

2. Permanent protections in the form magical armour is harder and you are likely only to get such with a significant endeavour, using much of your time (e.g. monster a theme day and get a monster point item of +2MAC)

I trust this helps

Ashog the White

My thanks Ashog, sage advice.

I shall look into this forthwith

Rudy

+Quote Post
Kail
post Apr 29 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 644

I can get you some star metal potions to tide you over until you can source one of these if you want. Each potion only gives you a small amount of magical protection but you can drink multiple of them.

Weazle

+Quote Post
BenG
post Apr 29 2019, 08:15 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

QUOTE(Kail @ Apr 29 2019, 07:15 PM) *
I can get you some star metal potions to tide you over until you can source one of these if you want. Each potion only gives you a small amount of magical protection but you can drink multiple of them.

Weazle

Thanks Weazle

That's greatly appreciated. if you have any lying around, I could certainly use those and I'll put my efforts into giving my time to good causes to earn an item in the interim

Rudy

+Quote Post
BBB
post Apr 29 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #6

Deity

Member No.: 25

I recommend getting hold of some magical scrolls of the Plate Other Spell, the Brown one.

Carry them with you, you'll often find some one with enough magical skill to be able to read them on you for protection.

Just like carrying a few scrolls of Healing is useful even if you can't read them yourself

Power users will also appreciate your thoughtfulness in not just using their power.

William The Smith
Disciple of The Forge

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Apr 29 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 155

I can make plating potions if needed.

Nathaniel Longstaff.
Alchemist.
Retainer of House deFontaine.

+Quote Post
BenG
post Apr 30 2019, 06:51 AM
Post #8

Mercenary

Again my thanks.

William, sensible advice and I’m surprised I hadn’t thought of that! I’ll find a friendly wizard who can help.

Nathaniel, if you had a couple of those potions around, I’d be keen to purchase them from you for backup in case of no casters on the party.

Many thanks

Rudy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins