IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Friday Topic, The trouble with triple.
RichardCraig
post Sep 21 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 112

So now that extended lengths have come to an end I thought I'd ponder on a few things which have occurred to me as I've been involved in events all across the points threshold.

The first is some thoughts about damage grades for monsters and the trouble with triple.

The trouble being, I'm not really sure as anything other than a warrior subclass is meant to survive 18pt triple?

I'm obviously talking here in the pre 5250 level.

Its actually really hard to get into max ac 12, let alone get the AC to get into 12 without stepping into the warrior bracket.

So part of me is interested in how people have dealt with this issue? Or are we now accepting that there is no longer such a thing as a 2nd rank warrior?

I'm sure that people understand this but I've seen a to of o class quad being statted which is an absolute killer for anybody not in the warrior bracket and I think with referees that the power creep of warriors now trivially getting ac18/21 with % and fractionals quad is completely justified but not enough thought is sometimes given to the other 80% of the party who need to cower away overtime they see a monster with e skill.

I'm not really sure what the solution for this is though as the divide between warrior and non warrior is the largest its ever been in terms of 24/7 stats which means its the hardest its ever been to stat effectively.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 08:30 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins