IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Tithe ~ Removal of the Lord Inquisitor - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tithe ~ Removal of the Lord Inquisitor
BBB
post Nov 13 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

My Lords and Ladies,

The following tithe has been presented to The Halls:

Further, it is apparent that the present Lord Inquisitor, like his predecessor, is abusing his position for the benefit of his own faith. As such we, the nobility, call for his immediate removal and the appointment of someone more capable of dealing with the threats currently facing the Empire. Such is a Matter of Empire.

Count Synovius
Baron of Capstone
Lord of Halgar
Mennihaft of Halgar
Vinter and Weaver of Glass

OOC: The rules for taking part in a tithe are to be found here

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SRussell
post Nov 13 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Levy

From: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Member No.: 387

Might we know who presented this tithe?

Jim

--------------------
QUOTE(Jan @ Feb 20 2009, 11:54 PM) *

Since you already have the maximum of one ythog flgath ng'flgath from zath vorgaal, you would need a hngaug flgath ng'flgath with no other ythog flgathu ng'flgath from it in order to flgathl a ythog.

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Nov 13 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Viper

Member No.: 36

QUOTE(SRussell @ Nov 13 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Might we know who presented this tithe?

Jim

Seconded.

I will be proposing a tithe that it be no longer possible to bring tithes anonymously.

Kenobi, Lord Winterhaven

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Nov 13 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 39

I have already looked into this, and am confident that this tithe was brought by the influence of one Maxindor Hylos, a noble of Scarlene.

Ruatha, Duke Stoneheart

+Quote Post
BBB
post Nov 13 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #5

Deity

I concur with Lord Winterhaven's suggestion.

If a man wishes to bring a tithe then he should have the conviction to stand behind it.

Count Synovius

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Nov 13 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 39

Unfortunately it is a trivial matter to persuade another to bring forward a tithe on one's behalf. Such a proposal would be unworkable.

It is normally not difficult to see behind the marionettes however.

Ruatha

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Nov 13 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #7

Viper

Member No.: 36

QUOTE(Stuart @ Nov 13 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Unfortunately it is a trivial matter to persuade another to bring forward a tithe on one's behalf. Such a proposal would be unworkable.

It is normally not difficult to see behind the marionettes however.

Ruatha

I see your position my lord, but a marionette would be at least a starting point.

Kenobi

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
Rob
post Nov 13 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 115

To be fair

As much as I love Nexus to bits, think he is great, would back him in a fight and would seek vengence on anyone who killed him

The bad guy is probably right....

Chance
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jan
post Nov 14 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #9

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

Inquisitor is a very potent position in a nation built by faith. There is an argument that says no being should hold the post for more than a year to avoid the moral nature of the Empire being molded in their image.

Sigurd
Stadtus of Sellaville

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Nov 14 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #10

Hero

Member No.: 41

Presumably, the question of whether he is abusing his position, would be resolved if the faith of Valasius is indeed found to be linked to Letreal, or otherwise worthy of censure. Though I accept that not all nobility would accept the word of mercenaries who found such proof.

I believe such proof may be forthcoming, and if it is I am sure it will be shared.

Basil

+Quote Post
Rob
post Nov 16 2009, 05:28 AM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(Bruno @ Nov 14 2009, 08:42 AM) *
Presumably, the question of whether he is abusing his position, would be resolved if the faith of Valasius is indeed found to be linked to Letreal, or otherwise worthy of censure. Though I accept that not all nobility would accept the word of mercenaries who found such proof.

I believe such proof may be forthcoming, and if it is I am sure it will be shared.

Basil

I think Basil they are refering to the promotion of Primal Light, now something insane like the second highest faith in the Empire

Hence the evidence is quite strong.

Persecuting Valasssssius is just fair game, job perk, bit like claiming expenses

Chance

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Nov 16 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #12

Hero

Member No.: 41

Thanks, Colonel Chance; you are probably correct. The censure was brought "in revenge for" the shocking persecution of the faith of Valesius, however; after threats were made warning me that there would be repercussions if we did not stop pursuing it.
I can't say I am very impressed by this repercussion - Nexus is not even a follower of my faith - but nonetheless.

Basil

+Quote Post
BBB
post Nov 16 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #13

Deity

I believe part of the matter depends on which faith is being referred to as "his own", Primal Sunlight or Elbereth.

It is clearly a matter of political wrangling and most likely a response to the outlawing of the faith of Valasius.

The two tithes are obviously connected and that being the case the latter seems less of a genuine greivance and more an attempt at revenge.

That is not to say that there may be a grain of truth in the accusation but it hardly seems sufficient to warrant if it is a reference to Primal Sunlight, if it is a reference to Elbereth then perhaps it is more concerning. The last information listed by the Imperial Scribes relating to the supernatural influence upon the general populace and peons list the ten most influential as thus

1. Empress-Goddess
2. Talthar
3. Elbereth
4. Laughing God
5. Iron and Empire
6. Dead Heroes
7. Nature
8. Geldonvol
9. Grey Mana Dragon
10. Brown Mana Dragon

Please note that this is the effect of faiths espoused by the Peons and not the Mercenary Caste in General, whom may believe as they will without effecting the nature of the Empire, one of the traits of vitae. It is a reasonable make up although personally I might consider the following of chaos at the fourth ranked as somewhat concerning given that the Empire is inherently a lawful body. More concerning given the Myronese threat which possibly may have some strong links to the forces of chaos given their practitioning of Summoning.

Watching-Owl
(Founding?) Member of the Ex-Lord Inquisitor's CLub

--------------------

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Nov 16 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 111

I will state various facts here.

1) A large amount of money was recently spent by one Maxinder Hylos (though you will never prove such), through various agents and powers to bad mouth my name because at my behest a plot was disrupted whereby he was garnering power to Letreal.

2) Maxinder Hylos is the high priest of Letreal and was using the faith of Valesius as a cover to garner power for Letreal anonymously. This has now been brought to an end. I shall explain further on this point. Some years ago Hylos performed a potent rite which corrupted the then angelic servant of the Valar, Valesius after he had died. He corrupted it such that a short while after Morgoth was slain Valesius rose into divinity, as cover for Letreal. Since that time he, and his agents, have been garnering faith for Valesius as nothing more than a puppet of Hylos and Letreal.

3) As people will no doubt become aware of their own accord Valesius the puppet is now no more, and I will shortly be removing the censure from his faith; though his old places of worship will be torn down as they are in reality shrines to Letreal. The censure of Letreal will, as I'm sure people will understand, remain. I will attempt to speak with him, and perhaps when you hear of his shackling by Hylos and Letreal from his own mouth maybe people will stop doubting that when I act I act in the best interests of this Empire and it's people; particularly against the supernatural threats there imposed upon it.

4) Maxinder Hylos is a man who is extremely potent, extremely resistant to scrying and almost impossible to find anything reliable about. He also has a sizeable amount of money and political influence. This is extremely worrying given that he's the High Priest of Letreal, a god who's very existance is a sizeable threat to the Empire.

5) Primal Sunlight. Yes, I am the focus of that 'faith', but if people would check the scribes reports they will find that the power of that faith has changed little if anything at all since I became Lord Inquisitor (OOC: other than getting the sheets from all the cities (rather than just Miere) and finally noticing Mike had missed off the faith I should have had in every city for about 2+ years). If anything had I not accepted the post I would have had far more time to promote said power. I say power, for it is not a faith as such. It is a force that represents the strength and stability of Primus to resist incursions such as those from Myron, extra-planar summonations, mittlenacht washes, convergence and the like. I fail to see in any way why it's power is a bad thing for us, especially at this time, and especially as through it I can banish even the most potent of demons.

6) Elbereth. I have in no way, influenced that faith during or indeed before my tenure as Lord Inquisitor. It's power comes from the actions of it's priests, of which, as Basil, the High Priests correctly states I am not one. Again, go check your reports and figures.

In short, this is nothing more than an attempt at petty revenge by a dangerous and powerful individual, the high priest of Letreal, who's nefarious schemes we have undone.

This job isn't one I need to do. I do it because I care for the defense and protection of this land I call home. I don't care about politics or pleasing people. I care about doing the right thing for this Empire. Everything I've done has been with that in mind. Perhaps I should cite a couple of other examples that people might not be aware of where I helped:

Keys - when the city was besieged it was I who free'd the Old Eorl from his lost prison in the mittlenacht and so permitted him to take the place of the current Eorl in the wickerman/pyre, thus allowing him to retain power and honour and thus leave with his tribes. Had I not done so, Keys might still be in their hands, or worse.

Last dawn - I prevented several other potentially dangerous convergences and singularly prevented a potentially potent and dangerous threat, before unseen, from ascending to godhood at the dawn.

Alguz - I have spent a great deal of time researching events here and the way in which what has happened can be reversed, or at least the weaknesses and holes that are a potential source for danger sealed and their threat lessened.

Entropy - the Empire's cities, some more than others, have suffered in the past and throughout this year from high sources of entropy, brought about by ritual; ritual that for the most part is required to defend the Empire from supernatural threats and ritual assault of the Horned God. By my arts have I built, and continue to build means by which that entropy is channelled and shed into the mittlenacht.

I will continue to serve, now, and after this preposterous act of petty revenge is thrown out of the halls.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor
Knight of the Empire

+Quote Post
DanM
post Nov 16 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #15

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(BBB @ Nov 16 2009, 11:18 AM) *
1. Empress-Goddess
2. Talthar
3. Elbereth
4. Laughing God
5. Iron and Empire
6. Dead Heroes
7. Nature
8. Geldonvol
9. Grey Mana Dragon
10. Brown Mana Dragon

Alright, what is Geldonvol? And how did it get so powerful without me hearing of it?

And the Laughing God, really? Theres that one guy, and how did it get so powerful?

Baiter

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Nov 16 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #16

Hero

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(DanM @ Nov 16 2009, 01:29 PM) *
Alright, what is Geldonvol? And how did it get so powerful without me hearing of it?

And the Laughing God, really? Theres that one guy, and how did it get so powerful?

Baiter

(OOC: 2 faiths that barely exist in LRP so high, wow)

The Laughing God has been push forward by Harley Of Scarlene and from what i know of Geldonvol it is some form of Merchant God Of Trade.

Mordenkainen

+Quote Post
BBB
post Nov 16 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #17

Deity

QUOTE(DanM @ Nov 16 2009, 01:29 PM) *

Baiter

(OOC: 2 faiths that barely exist in LRP so high, wow)

Geldonvol is or was a faith followd by the Golden Princes of Scarlene. He is a god of Trade, the Merchants with their somewhat secretive and insidious influence through the flow of trade and wealth were able to bring his faith from what was once Golden Scarlene to our Primus.

The Laughing god has several followers, do not be fooled into believing there is only one that treads his path.

Also the placement of the centres of these faiths greatly affects the overall influence they have on the empire, that is, they only need be strong in two of the three keys cities to greatly affect the Empire.

As I said, previously, these are the faiths most followed by the Peons and are not directly affected by the beliefs of Mercenaries. The faitsh followed by Mercenaries are those most suited to the Mercenary paths, obviously faith in such as Geldonvol would be of small use to Mercenaries on a quest but of great use to those who trade for a living, their prayers bringing better deals and so forth.

Watching-Owl

--------------------

+Quote Post
nadriel
post Nov 16 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #18

Militiaman

Member No.: 160

Shhhh Mr Owl, you'll give away my Secret Cunning Plan!

If you do, could you remind me what it is- I think I knew, but then I forgot about it as something more interesting came along.

Also, I deny everything, on general principle, especially if it's something that I'd be in trouble for.

Harley

--------------------
Mike Horton - Plays Harley, Nadriel, Shinsei, Woodborn, Mr Black, Zath, Selgard, Chun and Daitaku

+Quote Post
post Nov 16 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #19

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Nov 16 2009, 12:38 PM) *
Entropy - the Empire's cities, some more than others, have suffered in the past and throughout this year from high sources of entropy, brought about by ritual; ritual that for the most part is required to defend the Empire from supernatural threats and ritual assault of the Horned God. By my arts have I built, and continue to build means by which that entropy is channelled and shed into the mittlenacht.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor
Knight of the Empire

I had noticed someone had managed to stop Earl White dumping his refuse into the streets of Halgar - allowing the countermeasures I put in place to be effective.

Need more heart glass though.

I'll steer clear of the rest of argument - a bit busy and I've said my bit.

Best wishes,

Trundle
Stadtus of Halgar
[amongst other things.]

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #20

Group:
Member No.: 0

>The Laughing god has several followers, do not be fooled into believing there is only one that treads his path.<

That would be I and others

Arcane Drake
Militia Master Bildteve

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:06 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins