Guests cannot vote 
duncanmatthias
post Aug 31 2018, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Moring,

So a couple of us a toying with the idea of Labyrinthe branching out into the Magic world, including selling some product and running/hosting Friday Night Magic, casual & competition play. Just wanted to gauge potential interest from our existing club base.

Feel free to post here, or drop me an e-mail if you want to keep you secret goblin habits secret.

Thanks

Duncan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JasonE
post Sep 1 2018, 10:55 AM
Post #2

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 564

All for the caves getting more £ with extra stuff and different revenue streams and expanding player base
but come 1st October will have very little to no free time sad.gif

curious how this will be advertised, some options that have possible low to no costs are

local shops posters
email the Metro / evening standard to see if they want to do an article for what to do at the weekend / holiday period. not worth emailing local papers as these two are actually read when people travel to work
Larp & Magic Reddit pages
Larp & Magic Discord pages
Larp & Magic Amino App
Contacting University groups (this will probably take a little net searching to do)
Facebook and Twitter (how much new interest do these generate?)
If anyone who does Laby is computer artistic? had an idea as a lot of funny stuff happens down the caves, these can be turned into comedy animated shorts. placed on youtube moneytised to get the person a few £ for their time (if subs and views increase) and most importantly add a blatant plug / advertisement for the caves, example of a funny situation; Me as dog went to take an arrow that an Archer was holding with my mouth, when i took it Archer said loudly " Take your mouth of my shaft"

--------------------
J - The thing known as Dog
- Tyrone (twiglet Wizard, because they are yummy)

+Quote Post
JasonE
post Sep 1 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 564

Also Laby Merchandise
i not sure of the current status but does the caves use a 3rd party website to sell their stuff? there is a lot out there that could be used to sell more than just T-shirts, if the right one is used then a whole range of Merch can be done, T-shirt. Plushies of popular characters, bags, keychains. if someone is good at art posters of characters etc etc

The benefit of this would be two fold
1. potential customers world wide while advertising the caves.
2. some of these websites make Merch to order (probably for sweatshop so there is that moral issue) where it is just the design that is place on the site and no stock is held in warehouse. this does mean that there is possible less profit for the sale to the caves per unit sol but the possible revenue could be much bigger with less time overall involved as you only need to do the design part as the rest is sorted out by the websites.

--------------------
J - The thing known as Dog
- Tyrone (twiglet Wizard, because they are yummy)

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Sep 3 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #4

Hero

QUOTE(JasonE @ Sep 1 2018, 11:55 AM) *
All for the caves getting more £ with extra stuff and different revenue streams and expanding player base
but come 1st October will have very little to no free time sad.gif

curious how this will be advertised, some options that have possible low to no costs are

local shops posters
email the Metro / evening standard to see if they want to do an article for what to do at the weekend / holiday period. not worth emailing local papers as these two are actually read when people travel to work
Larp & Magic Reddit pages
Larp & Magic Discord pages
Larp & Magic Amino App
Contacting University groups (this will probably take a little net searching to do)
Facebook and Twitter (how much new interest do these generate?)
If anyone who does Laby is computer artistic? had an idea as a lot of funny stuff happens down the caves, these can be turned into comedy animated shorts. placed on youtube moneytised to get the person a few £ for their time (if subs and views increase) and most importantly add a blatant plug / advertisement for the caves, example of a funny situation; Me as dog went to take an arrow that an Archer was holding with my mouth, when i took it Archer said loudly " Take your mouth of my shaft"

not sure this is the place to discuss, but I always welcome ideas.

But in answer to your question, the first thing on the agenda which we are currently working on is to become a WPN location and registered Frdiay Night Magic venue with Wizard of the coast meaning we will piggy back off all of there marketing statergies, as well as gaining their help and wealth of knowledge of how to push it.

rgds

duncan

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Sep 3 2018, 04:55 PM
Post #5

Hero

QUOTE(JasonE @ Sep 1 2018, 12:08 PM) *
Also Laby Merchandise
i not sure of the current status but does the caves use a 3rd party website to sell their stuff? there is a lot out there that could be used to sell more than just T-shirts, if the right one is used then a whole range of Merch can be done, T-shirt. Plushies of popular characters, bags, keychains. if someone is good at art posters of characters etc etc

The benefit of this would be two fold
1. potential customers world wide while advertising the caves.
2. some of these websites make Merch to order (probably for sweatshop so there is that moral issue) where it is just the design that is place on the site and no stock is held in warehouse. this does mean that there is possible less profit for the sale to the caves per unit sol but the possible revenue could be much bigger with less time overall involved as you only need to do the design part as the rest is sorted out by the websites.

currently we don't have stuff, the original bits and pieces that still kick around are from before my time. However it is on the order of business for next years big May event.

d

+Quote Post
Padallen
post Sep 3 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 96

If this happens I'm very interested in playing and helping to run! :-D

--------------------
Paul Dallen

Just my 2₲ worth!! :-)

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Sep 4 2018, 07:43 AM
Post #7

Hero

Thank you Paul, it seems very likely it is going to happen, I will contact you privately to discuss how you can help

D

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Sep 12 2018, 07:01 AM
Post #8

Hero

As a follow up to this, we will be starting Friday Night Magic, and other Magic the Gathering Events at Labyrinthe.

Our Launch date is the 2nd November, so make a note and keep the evening free.

We will over the coming weeks be posting more information about what we are going to be doing, but for now, look forward to the 2nd November and it would be great to see loads of you there.

Rgds

Duncan

+Quote Post
Snuffy
post Sep 14 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #9

Peon

Member No.: 973

I’ve still got my magic cards starting from limited edition alpha and beta. Will defo come on one Friday.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2018 - 05:43 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins