IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
An Introduction - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> An Introduction
Estarriol
post Jul 1 2015, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,211

Dear Fellows,

Having recently joined this faith I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I am Gideon Despana, by profession a scholar and necromancer studying the faith of my most ancient ancestors. I am honoured to have the opportunity to join a group that respects and draws on the strengths of ancestral heroes, and I hope this missive finds you all well.

I hope I may be of assistance to you individually in the future and will contribute some supplies to the stores that, although of value, are no longer of use to me.

I also find myself, still somewhat to my surprise, having agreed to journey into great danger and very soon. As such, and with regret for perhaps being presumptuous on our first communication, I also ask for help in scribing the various useful spiritual scrolls that I have not yet been able to fully assemble - Curses, Protections and Summonations primary among them. If any appropriate scriptures are available, that would be even more useful and I would be especially grateful. Will any of you help me - perhaps this Starsday before I set out on my journey into the unknown?

With Respect,
Gideon Despana
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Ryan
post Jul 1 2015, 10:09 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

Dear Gideon,

I am in Halgar processing some Penal Legion paperwork this Starsday, feel free to find me and I will rummage through my personal stocks of scrolls to see what is of use to you.

Unfortunately I am a bit of a jack of all trades and master of none so making Scriptures is outside of my skill set but open to making some normal scrolls - I can manage Ghouls, Wights, Protections and Healing. All of which might be useful to you or your group.

Good Luck

Bran
Imperial Penal Legion

+Quote Post
Christine
post Jul 1 2015, 10:28 AM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 110

When we travelled to Ainsford about ten years back this man betrayed all of us on the last day, worked with the demons attacking the place and got me killed. Got no idea why he's now pretending to be one of the faith. Don't trust a word he says.

Drew

+Quote Post
miles
post Jul 1 2015, 10:33 AM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 142

QUOTE(Estarriol @ Jul 1 2015, 11:00 AM) *
Dear Fellows,

Having recently joined this faith I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I am Gideon Despana, by profession a scholar and necromancer studying the faith of my most ancient ancestors. I am honoured to have the opportunity to join a group that respects and draws on the strengths of ancestral heroes, and I hope this missive finds you all well.

I hope I may be of assistance to you individually in the future and will contribute some supplies to the stores that, although of value, are no longer of use to me.

I also find myself, still somewhat to my surprise, having agreed to journey into great danger and very soon. As such, and with regret for perhaps being presumptuous on our first communication, I also ask for help in scribing the various useful spiritual scrolls that I have not yet been able to fully assemble - Curses, Protections and Summonations primary among them. If any appropriate scriptures are available, that would be even more useful and I would be especially grateful. Will any of you help me - perhaps this Starsday before I set out on my journey into the unknown?

With Respect,
Gideon Despana

Unable to get to you this Starsday but i will get some scrolls of Greater communication and TOD's and protections to you ASAP if you could use them.

Kurten Dtreal
Prelate of the Isle of Dragons

--------------------
The game is not always about balance

Apply rule 7 and don't overthink it.

+Quote Post
Estarriol
post Jul 1 2015, 11:32 AM
Post #5

Militiaman

Bran, Kurten,

Thank you, thank you very much. That would indeed be most helpful and I am grateful for your welcome and your aid.

Drew,

I am glad that you are alive and well. I am afraid that quite a lot of what you said simply isn't true, and could have been cleared up quite easily at any point in the past decade if I had been made aware of this misunderstanding. I am perfectly happy to submit to tests of truth via our high priest if he has concerns.

Regards,
GD

+Quote Post
Christine
post Jul 1 2015, 11:38 AM
Post #6

Legend

Nope. You lied then, you're lying now, and you suggesting it just makes me think you've worked out a way to lie to Andric, too. I don't care, won't be me you kill next time you decide to sell mercenaries out to demons for power, and hopefully some of the rest of the Ainsford lot will catch up with you.

Drew

+Quote Post
Estarriol
post Jul 1 2015, 12:08 PM
Post #7

Militiaman

Drew,

It's clear that there's nothing I can say that you will believe (except, ironically, lying and confessing to acts I did not commit and intentions I did not possess), and I suppose no test of truth I could take that you will imagine I cannot defeat. That leaves us at an impasse.

I would be very happy to "catch up" with those I journeyed with in Ainesford, many of whom I am very fond of.

Regards,
GD

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 1 2015, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 198

Kurten,
Remind me what you need or are you willing to let Gideon queue jump?
Not about this week but back to normal next week.
Milly
13 th

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
miles
post Jul 1 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #9

Hero

Member No.: 142

Milly,

i am happy for Gideon to queue jump, i am in no rush.

Kurten

--------------------
The game is not always about balance

Apply rule 7 and don't overthink it.

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 1 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #10

Legend

Gideon,
Prioritise and I'm good so please don't ask for something you could easily make yourself.
Cost plus a bit for the Church.
If it's really tough probably best I make it for me first then you.
Or check the stores?
Milly
13th

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Estarriol
post Jul 1 2015, 10:12 PM
Post #11

Militiaman

QUOTE(Fionamullin @ Jul 1 2015, 08:32 PM) *
Gideon,
Prioritise and I'm good so please don't ask for something you could easily make yourself.
Cost plus a bit for the Church.
If it's really tough probably best I make it for me first then you.
Or check the stores?
Milly
13th

Thank you both. I have never learned the art so I cannot make scriptures myself... I will scrape together my grulls and work out how much I can spare, and let you know shortly.

Where can I find a stores list, and who keeps the stores?

Apologies for the rather basic questions.

Yours,
GD

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 2 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #12

Legend

I don't believe Andric has a list any more.
May be he's expecting me to...?
Just ask around the Church(desk) and they'll be able to check the stores (Heroes tin).
Milly
13th

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 2 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #13

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(Estarriol @ Jul 1 2015, 12:32 PM) *
Bran, Kurten,

Thank you, thank you very much. That would indeed be most helpful and I am grateful for your welcome and your aid.

Drew,

I am glad that you are alive and well. I am afraid that quite a lot of what you said simply isn't true, and could have been cleared up quite easily at any point in the past decade if I had been made aware of this misunderstanding. I am perfectly happy to submit to tests of truth via our high priest if he has concerns.

Regards,
GD

Except Gideon your gift from that particular demon queen if I remember correctly was the ability to decieve communications

Betray your 'friends' for power

Some of us have long memories

JS Murderfun

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jul 2 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #14

Legend

Member No.: 119

Dear faithful,

A few points to make.

I have had discussions with Gideon and welcomed him to the faith.

I understand there is some bad history, and of course - history is incredibly important to us.

However, when a man asks to join the ranks of the faith of Dead Heroes, it is not my duty to turn them away.

It is my duty to nurture, accept and if needed, guide. We are an inclusive faith, and that is where our strength lies. Yes it will lead to arguments but we - as a faith are one of the strongest forces on Primus. And this is because any who wish to venerate their heroes, their ancestors or just do good for the Empire and it's people - can do so under one religion.

We work side by side. Our healers next to our necromancers. Our scholars behind our warriors. Our loud and abrupt next to our subtle and quiet.

That is why we work. That is why we succeed in all we set out to do. That is why we are who we are today, and why the Heroes we venerate remain strong in memory and are not forgotten.

However, and this applies to everyone and not aimed at anyone in particular.

Should anyone, ever act against the Church, and against it's fundamental belief the the Empire is central and essential to existence - which includes the good people of it, then I will not hesitate stripping them of all the spiritual knowledge they have. This is not an idle threat, and is not aimed at any single person.

I have never in my time had to do this, but I am prepared to do so should I feel anyone has acted against the Heroes, the Empire or it's people.

I hope this is clear, and we can move on and welcome the new member of our faith in this new chapter.

Andric
High Priest

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jul 2 2015, 08:52 PM
Post #15

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Fionamullin @ Jul 2 2015, 07:52 PM) *
I don't believe Andric has a list any more.
May be he's expecting me to...?
Just ask around the Church(desk) and they'll be able to check the stores (Heroes tin).
Milly
13th

Milly, why would I expect that of you?

Gideon, here is an almost up to date list

Potions

Standard Strength Healing potions - 6 bottles (3 in each)
Double Strength - 21 bottles (3 in each)
6th Rank Blade Venom - 2 bottles (3 in each)
Deadining Elixir - 1 bottle (1 dose)
Star Metal - 12 (3, 3, and then 6 in a bottle)
Protection from psionics - 1 dose
Regenerative Elixir - 1 dose
Mystic Honey - 1 dose
Endurance - 1 bottle (3 doses)
Hyperations - 1 dose
Strength - 1 bottle (3 doses)
Dexterity - 1 bottle (3 doses)
2nd Rank Anti Venom - 1 bottle (3 doses)
Walk on Air x 1
Blink x 1

Teaching Scriptures

Lesser Wings of Darkness x 2
Cure Disease x 4
Healing Hand x 1
Spirit Shift x 1
Wound Staunch x 1
Reveal Undead Name x 2
Shield Against the Dark x 1
Regeneration x 1

Scrolls

Greater Communication x 5
Restore Life x 3
Regeneration x 1
Total Heal x 3
Dismiss Vampire x 1
Spiritual Mastery x 1
Dismiss Wraith x 1
Spiritual Invisibility x 1
Communication x 3
Heal x 3
Animate Ghoul x 3
Cure Disease x 1
Dismiss Ghoul x 1
Cure Serious x 5

If there is anything you would like within reason, then let me know.

Andric

+Quote Post
Christine
post Jul 2 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #16

Legend

QUOTE(Carlo @ Jul 2 2015, 09:49 PM) *
Dear faithful,

A few points to make.

I have had discussions with Gideon and welcomed him to the faith.

I hope this is clear, and we can move on and welcome the new member of our faith in this new chapter.

Andric
High Priest

Sorry, no, I can't. I'm not about to "welcome" someone who betrayed all his companions, made deals with demons who were killing the commonfolk of Imperial lands, and was responsible for the deaths of many, including myself and Luther John Tanner, another priest of this faith, just because you think that being inclusive is more important than any of that.

I'll be leaving, doesn't make any difference to what I believe or who I am, no hard feelings, but I can't accept your leadership in this.

Drew

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jul 3 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #17

Legend

Member No.: 446

Sounds like he is going to weasel his way in, nick a load of scrolls, scriptures and potions, screw over another group of mercenaries and then disappear for another 10 years. Why would we offer up our stores and time to someone with his background? Surely he needs to prove himself before he gets anything in return?

10 years is a long time but I remeber Gideon (and his sister) and I cannot find a single memory about either of them that is positive or doesn't end up with common folk and mercenaries getting done over

Andric, I take your missive on board but I'll not trust him and I'll not help him

Thalion

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 3 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #18

Legend

Andric, Gideon,
I NEED to know if what is being said is true or not.
Privately if need be but publically may save time.
As a member and a leader of a Legion and warden of part of the Empire and a devoted member of our faith I need clarification.
Thanks in anticipation,
Milly
13th

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jul 3 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #19

GSM

Member No.: 54

OK,

So can people please not leave the church over who else is in it?
We don't need to like each other, we just need to remember we are all working towards the same aims:

Remembering the tales of heroes
Using these tales to inspire the next generation of heroes
Protecting the people of the Empire, and Primus as a whole.

Some people will disagree with necromancy, some will use brutal methods to achieve our ends, but in the end we all want to ensure that when we are finally laid to rest and our tales recorded there is a world here to listen to them and be inspired by them.

Lucius

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 3 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #20

Legend

Cleared and welcome Gideon.
Milly
13th

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins