IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Shining Rael - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shining Rael
Onasuma
post Jun 30 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 242

Given that I have a Priest of Shining Rael whos just made it to 8th, I felt it might be worth actually learning something about my God.

The rough outline of my knowledge is the fact that Rael is an npc blauz demigod with quite a rough outlook of the standard chaotic good character.

Anyhow, Id love to learn some background (well... that and be able to claim I actually know stuff about my God rather than blagging it). If anyone could tell me where I can find information, or, alternatively, post some info here, that would be really useful (the urge to write "Raelly useful" was so strong just then...).

Thanks in advance

Peter Long
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Jun 30 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 39

Shining Rael is the mightiest of the Fire Angels, the father of Spiter. He doesn’t really care for mortals at all, which makes being a priest of his somewhat tricky.

He has been on Primus and met some of the more powerful mercenaries a few years back. They agreed to differ in the end and went their own ways (he had a 99% damage reduction to the back, damn him!)

There’s an enclave of Blauz that worship him in the Sunless, protected from the Soulwind that otherwise blisters the land.

For a priest of his it would probably all about emotion and sensation, really. Good and evil are concepts of no consequence – you feel things or you do not, and it’s always better to feel something than nothing.

It’s worth speaking with Christine Gentry too. I think her Blauz worship him in some form?

Stuart

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jun 30 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #3

Deity

Member No.: 25

As Stuart has said the best person to speak to is Christine Gentry, her Blauze Ilorn, set up the enclave of non-Spiter Blauze.

As Stuart has also said worshipping Rael is to follow a being who really pays no attention to mortals and is alien in his concept of morality. For him there is no Good or Evil only feeling, sensation. He, as a Fire Angel, is essentially a being of pure energy and emotion.

He is one of the more "Up Himself" sorts of immortal being out there smile.gif

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jun 30 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #4

Legend

Thanks for the responces guys. I like the way this gives me pretty much free will. He doesnt care for mortals, so Ill just interpret his actions as appropriet (and maybe path to red wizard).

+Quote Post
giles
post Jun 30 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 68

He also, and this is not me making it up - is meant to look a bit like Jim Morrison.

Giles.

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jun 30 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #6

Legend

QUOTE(giles @ Jun 30 2009, 06:48 PM) *
He also, and this is not me making it up - is meant to look a bit like Jim Morrison.

Giles.

This has to be the best bit of fluff in the entire labby multiverse.

+Quote Post
giles
post Jun 30 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #7

Legend

Well you should direct your praise at Alan Morgan (he who runs Heroes) - for the description was and is his (may interest you to know also that the Empress looks a bit like Liv Tyler).

Alas the only time Shining Rael was played as an NPC, was by Jason Hamer, who unfortunately is not known for his striking resemblance to Mr Morrison. Anyway Shining Rael - think Jim Morrison with fiery wings soaring through the ether - thinking about how good he looks
and you ain't far off.

Giles.

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jun 30 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #8

Legend

QUOTE(giles @ Jun 30 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Well you should direct your praise at Alan Morgan (he who runs Heroes) - for the description was and is his (may interest you to know also that the Empress looks a bit like Liv Tyler).

Alas the only time Shining Rael was played as an NPC, was by Jason Hamer, who unfortunately is not known for his striking resemblance to Mr Morrison. Anyway Shining Rael - think Jim Morrison with fiery wings soaring through the ether - thinking about how good he looks
and you ain't far off.

Giles.

I might have to points ap that I appear with that image around me when I use the fear innate from angel of war.

Peter

+Quote Post
Christine
post Jul 1 2009, 06:31 AM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 110

I'd agree with some of the above, but not all. Based on the information I have, Shining Rael is very definately chaotic goodly, rather than pure chaotic. Happy to pass over some of my old background and turns on this if I can find them if you want to send me a PM with an email address.

C

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Jul 1 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #10

Hero

Member No.: 51

Giles has a man-crush on Jim Morrison. Cool.

JC

+Quote Post
giles
post Jul 1 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #11

Legend

Yeah well . . . smile.gif Both me and Gentry are waiting for the Johnny Depp npc & I don't reckon I'll be the only one disappointed if one of the Stang doesn't look like Michael Praed

Giles.

+Quote Post
post Jul 1 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #12

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(JustinC @ Jul 1 2009, 02:16 PM) *
Giles has a man-crush on Jim Morrison. Cool.

JC

<Wonders how many people on this mailing list a. have heard of Jim Morrison and b. were born after he died...>

+Quote Post
miles
post Jul 1 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 142

QUOTE(LucyH @ Jul 1 2009, 03:51 PM) *
<Wonders how many people on this mailing list a. have heard of Jim Morrison and b. were born after he died...>

well as he died in 1971 about 90% were born after he died

miles

--------------------
The game is not always about balance

Apply rule 7 and don't overthink it.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 1 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #14

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(giles @ Jul 1 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Yeah well . . . smile.gif Both me and Gentry are waiting for the Johnny Depp npc & I don't reckon I'll be the only one disappointed if one of the Stang doesn't look like Michael Praed

Giles.

An NPC based on a Robin of Sherwood character is already out there... (Which coincidentally I just re-watched for probably the first time since its original showing...)

BB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
post Jul 1 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #15

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(BBB @ Jul 1 2009, 04:32 PM) *
An NPC based on a Robin of Sherwood character is already out there... (Which coincidentally I just re-watched for probably the first time since its original showing...)

BB

NPCs should never, ever, under any circumstances be set as "looks like XXX" - because they never do when you meet them. I don't care how many times someone tells me Elbereth looks like the blonde one out of Lord of the Rings - I've met her and she's a dead ringer for Justin Carroll in an armoury base.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 1 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #16

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(LucyH @ Jul 1 2009, 04:39 PM) *
NPCs should never, ever, under any circumstances be set as "looks like XXX" - because they never do when you meet them. I don't care how many times someone tells me Elbereth looks like the blonde one out of Lord of the Rings - I've met her and she's a dead ringer for Justin Carroll in an armoury base.

smile.gif

Its no different to saying they look like a demon etc really

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
giles
post Jul 1 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #17

Legend

QUOTE(LucyH @ Jul 1 2009, 04:39 PM) *
I don't care how many times someone tells me Elbereth looks like the blonde one out of Lord of the Rings - I've met her and she's a dead ringer for Justin Carroll in an armoury base.

smile.gif

Given that one of his characters is Elbereth's consort - that's a whole lot of self-love going on, eeeewwww.
Or maybe - given she's a deity - you just see what you want to see smile.gif

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jul 1 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #18

Hero

Member No.: 48

"I don't care how many times someone tells me Elbereth looks like the blonde one out of Lord of the Rings - I've met her and she's a dead ringer for Justin Carroll in an armoury base."

GGAAAAHHHHHH!!!

blink.gif sad.gif ohmy.gif angry.gif

Matt

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Jul 1 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #19

Legend

Member No.: 155

For those who don't know what Alan means by "Looks a bit like Jim Morrison" just type the name into Google Images.

I suppose he could have meant Andy Morrison?

Tim smile.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 1 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #20

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(Onasuma @ Jun 30 2009, 04:55 PM) *
Given that I have a Priest of Shining Rael whos just made it to 8th, I felt it might be worth actually learning something about my God.

The rough outline of my knowledge is the fact that Rael is an npc blauz demigod with quite a rough outlook of the standard chaotic good character.

Anyhow, Id love to learn some background (well... that and be able to claim I actually know stuff about my God rather than blagging it). If anyone could tell me where I can find information, or, alternatively, post some info here, that would be really useful (the urge to write "Raelly useful" was so strong just then...).

Thanks in advance

Peter Long

Dont expect to be massivly popular though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:57 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins