IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Possible threat to a Ley Line in the Brandin Mountains - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible threat to a Ley Line in the Brandin Mountains
AlanG
post May 26 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 129

Greetings to you all,

Please accept me apologies for not contacting you sooner but an Acolyte of Cael'a'Ten named Carlos Rialto was recently slain by a brave group of mercenaries, and Thor has given me some documents discovered in Carlos's lair which detail a possible threat on a Ley Line within the Brandin mountains.

Some of you may have encountered Carlos Rialto before but those of you who have not, Carlos was a collector of artefacts and he sought to acquire as much knowledge and influence in as many demonic hierarchies as possible. A large proportion of his wealth and power was made up in the trading boons, pacts or artefacts in exchange for future favours, power and such like; in essence he was a broker between powers infernal and mortals.

After clashing with various groups of mercenaries, Rialto fled to the Baronies where he believed they would be less interested in what he was doing, and there was a larger possible 'market' to trade in. Carlos also believed he would be protected by the Accords as a foreign mage within their lands, though he certainly had plans to sell his trade to whomever he can, hedge or circle alike.

From the documents retrieved by Thor's party, it has lead to some further information regarding Rialto and a possible threat still in the Brandin Mountains. The long and the short is that he was in the baronies near Gressen. He'd made various deals with the Hagarath, a number of other demons and set up various 'cover' trading and backmail style organisations. He ran a number of 'shops' around Gressen via other intermediaries, probably several layers deep to avoid direct links/detection. Thor's party found his 'lair', which was in a book of secrets & forbidden knowledge. They entered the book and eventually slew Carlos after a fairly lengthy and dangerous battle.

Much of the paperwork is simply information Carlos had found, been gifted, uncovered, as you would expect from a 'trader' of knowledge and secrets. There are/were people out there who actively worshipped Carlos by offering him information...

One of the parchment found contained a pact Carlos had written in which he declared himself as 'The Prince of Forbidden Knowledge' and 'The Gathering Dusk' and the binding pact was with the supernatural beings, followers and and users of the arcane arts of Aesthetomancy and all its offshoots.

Though with Carlos's death, this pact is likely broken, it maybe worth discovering as to why he needed such a pact. Unfortunately I know nothing of Aestheomancy.

There were also letters between a person called Mortimer and a 'C' which has now been confirmed as Carlos Rialto and not Cael'a'Tan. Mortimer is a vampire and he has infiltrated a group known as 'The Down Trodden Man' and gave indication of an experiment being conducted on a Ley Line within the Brandin Mountains. I know little of this group but Mortimer has worked his way into the organisation and is controlling/influencing it to suit his/Carlos's needs.

The names of two of 'The Down Trodden Man' were find within the documents, those being Bernard and Vance. I have yet to found anything else out about this group or their wants/needs. Though the information I have managed to further not complete and offers much detail, I believe the location of the Ley Line and cave in which it is within is in the region of the mountains south of Sellaville and past the barrowdels.

As to what the experiment they are trying/have conducted, I know nothing. It maybe wise to for those within your ranks and more learned in the powers of the Earth, to delve more into this matter.

Should anyone need to see copies of the documents found, I will happily get copies to you to view. I am also Thor and his group would be more than likely to provide more information if asked.

In Purity,

Victor Somas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:12 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins