> UAC and bruising, Q for a YP
LiamS
post Sep 10 2019, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,808

All,

I wasn’t sure if the answer for definite on this. My son has played 3 times so far and is already looking at table 3 immunities and planning his long term spend which is making me happy!

He is aware that there can be lots of shouts of Single+paralysis so he wants immunity to paralysis. We also read through distancing combat which takes off 6 points from unarmed hits.

Simply, does taking zero from unarmed combat still give 1pt of bruising damage?

Cheers
Liam (obo Robin aka Drax Nightstealer!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Sep 10 2019, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 574

Grades always inflict 1pt bruising after AC, numerical etc. Unless immunity to bruising is owned.

Generally speaking immune to bruising (certainly as published) only works with your 12AC so no use on bastard triple or above.

Abilities that just make you immune to the blow make you immune to bruising - an example would be Ebon Tendrils (spell) or spirit form (miracle)

+Quote Post
LiamS
post Sep 10 2019, 02:22 PM
Post #3

Militiaman

I assumed it would but wanted to be definite that it was still caused by hand or weapon.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Sep 10 2019, 02:34 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 52

While UAC doesn't use an actual weapon, an unarmed combat strike and the damage it delivers is considered a weapon blow.

--------------------
Gordon Court
"The man with the barbwire soul."
Known to play: Amorphus, Mithaniel, Raven & Radiant
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton.
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl & Radiant

+Quote Post
TimDallen
post Sep 11 2019, 11:59 AM
Post #5

Heldsman

Member No.: 55

QUOTE(LiamS @ Sep 10 2019, 02:40 PM) *
All,

I wasn’t sure if the answer for definite on this. My son has played 3 times so far and is already looking at table 3 immunities and planning his long term spend which is making me happy!

He is aware that there can be lots of shouts of Single+paralysis so he wants immunity to paralysis. We also read through distancing combat which takes off 6 points from unarmed hits.

Simply, does taking zero from unarmed combat still give 1pt of bruising damage?

Cheers
Liam (obo Robin aka Drax Nightstealer!)

Liam,
To give you a quick heads up. Within YP's we have maintained a rule of you can be immune to single but not to double through immunity to bruising.
Otherwise the arms race just takes out new players as we try and keep the system fairly simple.
With adults we'd just add a blast effect or similar but doing this with YP's adds unnecessary complexity.

Just reminding before points are spent that could be used better elsewhere in YP's

Tim

+Quote Post
LiamS
post Sep 11 2019, 12:23 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

QUOTE(TimDallen @ Sep 11 2019, 12:59 PM) *
Liam,
To give you a quick heads up. Within YP's we have maintained a rule of you can be immune to single but not to double through immunity to bruising.
Otherwise the arms race just takes out new players as we try and keep the system fairly simple.
With adults we'd just add a blast effect or similar but doing this with YP's adds unnecessary complexity.

Just reminding before points are spent that could be used better elsewhere in YP's

Tim

That’s good to know. Thanks Tim.

If there any other unwritten rules please feel free to message me them!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2019 - 01:41 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins