IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Important Announcement. - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Important Announcement.
post Oct 6 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

IC:
Fellow members of the Order.It is with a heavy heart i can report that after much seeking i manged to secure a brief meeting with Armatige.
It is Lady Gwen and his decsion to retire from active service and government of the Order.
For my part they will always remain the guild founders as it is there vision that focused are our beleifs into a social group that has done much good that has touched and continues to help many defenceless and poor.

These success's must continue into the future and it is for that reason (if the offer to hold the helm is still open) i would like to ask the Honorable Asta Khan to step foward as Guild Sire [/size]and lead us down the path that the lady shows us.I ask also that Tanis if he is still willing step foward as Asta's and the Orders spritual counsel[size="2"].

Obviously much to be discussed still. For now I know you all join me in heartfelt sorrow for the loss of such beacons as they are for Lady Gwen and Armatige.
Our social paths diverge, at least for a time,from here. May a lifetime of the ladys blessings guide a light the path they must walk.
The burdens they have carried for us all hitherto ...well, the lady herself knows...they deseve a rest.

Armatige , Gwen...we salute you.

OOC:
OK so for the purposes of getting some OOS activity going do we need to do anything CMT~wise ?Do we need to resubmitt the guild? What happens now officially??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBB
post Oct 6 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #2

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

OOC: Organise a Guild Special and take over from there basically

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Oct 6 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 98

It is indeed a sad day when two such as they are need to step away from active duty, they will be missed.

I believe that we need to meet and discuss who should step into the heavy shoes of Guild sire. there are still
founding members who are active in the church, even some who where given status as pillars of the order.

We can not and will not allow the Order to fade into nothing.

Grit.

+Quote Post
post Oct 6 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #4

Group:

QUOTE(isbiraven @ Oct 6 2010, 03:42 PM) *
It is indeed a sad day when two such as they are need to step away from active duty, they will be missed.

I believe that we need to meet and discuss who should step into the heavy shoes of Guild sire. there are still
founding members who are active in the church, even some who where given status as pillars of the order.

We can not and will not allow the Order to fade into nothing.

Grit.

Perhaps we could meet in the evenings in the chamber of stars for one week to parlai they matter?
(O get the discussion going we should perhaps all recite the oath and search are herats for the wisdom of the lady to guide us in thi matter....I have already done so and feel the matter should be resolved as above but we are the order and as such this must involve agreement through reason.
Again...yours humbly,
:ector.

+Quote Post
kevjones
post Oct 6 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 170

Hector.

If there are no objections, I would be delighted to take the role of Spiritual Council.

Whilst it is sad to hear of Armitage and Gwen's decisions to stand down from the Mercenary path, I hope that they enjoy their new found peace and quiet.

May the Order grow strong in their memory. We should gather soon and travel the lands in the Ladies name.

Tanis.

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Oct 6 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 48

I will keep an eye on you and make sure you don't accidentally turn them all into heretics.

Ignatius

P.S. Why is someone called Shadow instituting a letter writing campaign in your direction, Tanis? Sounds most cloak and dagger to me.

+Quote Post
post Oct 7 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #7

Group:

QUOTE(kevjones @ Oct 6 2010, 07:32 PM) *
Hector.

If there are no objections, I would be delighted to take the role of Spiritual Council.

Whilst it is sad to hear of Armitage and Gwen's decisions to stand down from the Mercenary path, I hope that they enjoy their new found peace and quiet.

May the Order grow strong in their memory. We should gather soon and travel the lands in the Ladies name.

Tanis.

I have taken the liberty of repeating your words in the chamber of stars where the conversation continues.

+Quote Post
post Oct 7 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #8

Group:

QUOTE(clayton @ Oct 7 2010, 10:58 AM) *
I have taken the liberty of repeating your words in the chamber of stars where the conversation continues.

It has been bought to my attention that not everyone can see the chamber......i have forgotten originally how one gained access can anyone remember??

+Quote Post
kevjones
post Oct 7 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #9

Militiaman

Member No.: 170

By contacting the Lady herself (in this case called Jo) and asking her through repeated prayer to allow you in...

Clayton, if you send Jo a list of who you would like to have access to the private forum, I am sure she can arrange matters.

Kev.

+Quote Post
post Oct 8 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #10

Group:

QUOTE(kevjones @ Oct 7 2010, 11:01 PM) *
By contacting the Lady herself (in this case called Jo) and asking her through repeated prayer to allow you in...

Clayton, if you send Jo a list of who you would like to have access to the private forum, I am sure she can arrange matters.

Kev.

OK can anyone who is unable to see something called "chamber of stars" on the front page of the forums ...its directly in between the list of political forums and heroes of the empire bits if you cant see a "private forum" there called "Chamber of the stars".....and you have a charcter who is in the order of the stars please can you post your realword and IC names here .
Thanks Kevin.

+Quote Post
post Oct 8 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #11

Group:

Horace , Hector others of the Order. I'll confess your order is relatively new to me , I've spent too long in monasteries perhaps. However If I can offer some council on progress and on appointments then I would be honored to accompany you . I have long observed with a somewhat sarcastic regard the political workings of humans in the empire however your Orders decisions are closer to my heart . There is a part of the faith that needs the Order of the Stars as much as there is a part that needs the halls of Starlight and Glory , we are as the phrase goes , a broad church which suits my rather ample frame now , so If I can assist then ask .

Croch
Herald of the Starlit Host

+Quote Post
post Oct 9 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #12

Group:

QUOTE(pillers @ Oct 8 2010, 02:04 PM) *
Horace , Hector others of the Order. I'll confess your order is relatively new to me , I've spent too long in monasteries perhaps. However If I can offer some council on progress and on appointments then I would be honored to accompany you . I have long observed with a somewhat sarcastic regard the political workings of humans in the empire however your Orders decisions are closer to my heart . There is a part of the faith that needs the Order of the Stars as much as there is a part that needs the halls of Starlight and Glory , we are as the phrase goes , a broad church which suits my rather ample frame now , so If I can assist then ask .

Croch
Herald of the Starlit Host

Our Thanks indeed dear Croch,
I beieve in the end it will be agreed that our good friend Asta Khan that will lead us onwards.
In keeping with our heartfelt values this must be discussed and agreed upon. However from private communications after Evensong and early morning giving of alms to the poor i have learnt that it seems most are inclined in this direction.

To my mind knowledge of the Order is an important thing. We can only be in one place at a time and the needy will only ask if they know of our exisitance.
We could do worse if we wish to spead the word than have some mechanism to do this....the Order lets face it has been through a "fallow" period.

We used to have a very useful in this regard Banner. A bright thing visible from far away.It spoke in pictures of the three core values.To march with it alongside was simply empowering.

I am going to embark on some contemplation over where we may find some fabric that could replace this.
It would be fitting perhaps that the first muster of the Order for a while would be in someway to achieve this.It would mark the turning of a page to a new chapter in the same story.
If your offer of help would stretch to assistance to perhaps contemplation on this matter we would be most grateful....i am aware occassionally you are quite adept at "knowing " things.
Or, if as i suspect, you will not have time please just speak kindly of us to those in the upper chambers of the church.
The Order is a social group where like minded "family" members use there spare time(outside and after the daily work of the church is done) to do more.

Often this is regarded as trivia...judging of amusing shaped vegtable competitons, helping tidy the disused quarry so that it may be used as a play park and Sunsday school for the young but more often serious & dangerous work.
If we are to grow we need to challenge our selves and get noticed more.We have been plagued of recent by squabbling of the letter of our tennets rather than the spirit that they represent.This something we are COMMITED to rectifying.

Thank you for your interested,
Yours fondly and Humbly,
Hector.

+Quote Post
post Oct 9 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #13

Group:

Hector

I am a former Governor and a Former Craftenguilder , the judging of amusingly shaped (at least to human eyes) root vegetables has fallen to me in the past as well along with any number of other "artistic" competitions . Some of the poetry I have been subjected to I swear would curdle milk. I found the cake and beer judging more to my liking. In terms of the Orders direction as always I would recommend looking to the stars and listening to the Angels whilst going about your business. If in that I can be of assistance then of course I'll come along , if it contributes to the Orders future then so be it , if simply a pleasant day out with good company then whats to lose anyway

Croch

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Oct 9 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #14

Hero

Member No.: 98

Thanks Croch,

You would and are always welcome myfriend.

Grit.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:40 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins